IGNORED

SPIRITUALLY OUT OF BALANCE

Guest M Queen

Guest M Queen

Hello Everyone,

God has placed on my heart to write a book that will touch on some harsh issues. Some of the topics will be unhealthy relationships, people playing church, cliques within the church, the church letting the world creep in, people capitalizing on the ministry, hurting people and their issues not being resolved, having a heart for God and not for man, man pleasers, and many other topics.

We have enough power through God to remove all of the weaknesses and to pull the world into our world, and not bring the world into the church. Many of our churches have been run over by a mack truck. The magnitude of issues are getting worse, creating stress disorders.

I want this book to speak on real life issues that we each face in our Christian walk. I would like to know what you have been faced with within your spiritual life or your church, and I would like to use some situations (leaving names out) and address them in my book in hopes that there will be some healing and deliverance. Also it may wake leadership up to step up to the plate in addressing these issues.

Acknowledgements and credits will be noted to Worthy Boards, but no names will be mentioned.

IT'S TIME OUT FOR PLAYING!!! Let's help one another to get through and make the adjust. As God is not pleased.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I would say the biggest problem I have with the church today is the "I" focus. It's all about accomplishing this or accomplishing that. This program and that program. The whole church reading and folllowing a book, rather than the Bible.

I miss the hymns. Not because I prefer the style of music but because the music focuses on God and His attributes and not what I can get from God--------------- as if he's a Jeannie in a lamp.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

I agree a bible based book on the subject would be a good way to show whats going on in those churches. I have seen many a church fall and break apart.

The church I was attending about 5 years ago was a Chruch of God. We had about 70 memebers at one time. All the sudden a group of people decided to get there pastoral liensce. Before they left, they had thier daughters wedding there and told the church they needed money for certain things. Then two weeks after they had all that, they left. The pator I guess not being a very strong christian stood up during service and "talked bad about them".

He was mad I guess, but that is no excuse. He told the congeration they were not Christain or walking strong. I was a bit hurt to hear him. I was just going to ingore the subject. He could not. The next sunday, we came in and sat down. I thought we were really early because we were the only ones there. We waited, and waited, only one more person came in. The entire church left! The pastor sent out dirty letters to us all. He said he was sorry he left us but the church had lost its faith.

I was shocked, and I just could not understand this. Those people needed God, and they and even my children saw this. We just went to another church.

What else was there to do. No one would talk.

I found out about 9 months ago that pastor of that church quit and moved away. Him and his family did not pastor anymore.

Was this the way a churh is suppose to act?? NO, and whats worse is there was NO sign of this coming. Its like a whirl wind of evil swept through and took everything.

I pray for these people all time. We should learn what to do if this happens again. Maybe there is something we can do to stop something like this.

I did not know what to do at the time.

You would be doing a good service to write a book and helping us out in knowing things to watch for.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

What I see is the church is out of focus on what their real purpose is which is to go and make disciples. The church or alot of them I see are building up self instead of building up people who live in a real world with real problems and are in need of spiritual things from G-d in order to win and be victorious Christians in life. The main focus isn't G-d or the Bible anymore.

When I got saved I was a part of a church but then latter on the minister and his wife split up and got a divorce. Well I cannot say this did not affect me because it did as they knew me personally as I came to the Lord under there ministry. The church fell apart because of this.

So as far as I'm concerned the trust issue is a factor now as I'm currently seeking a new church to be a part of again. And doubt is setting in before I get to the place of being there.

The split up of this couple hurt deeply as I was close friends with the both of them and very supportive of their ministry. I felt abandoned and even felt like I had lost a loved one in death I literally grieved as if they had died for that is what it was like. I think alot of G-d's people feel as they have been spiritually abandoned by the church as the church is focusing mostly on the flesh of man now a days instead of the great love for the souls of men and women. But this is just my opinion.

But it is hard to try again because you know bad things can really happen all over again and you could be the one crushed through it all and I've got enough struggles with things and these kinds of things only adds to burdens I have already and being cast aside isn't fun for anyone.

Openly Curious

Guest NewPilgrim

When I minister to other christians, or simply listen to others who are struggling, a common phrase which crops up is "I wish I had enough faith" or "my faith is too weak for this"

I have a bold point of contention with this line of thinking, hence my sig.

Faith is a gift of God, its not self-generated. Being a gift from God it is perfect, without blemish and God himself says in 1Cor 10:13 that nothing will befall us that we cannot bear, so how is it that our faith can fail us so?

The truth is, our faith does not and cannot fail us, it is the very means of escape which God offers us in 1Cor 10:13 to be able to bear our trials. Note he doesnt say a way of escape that we mind END it, but rather to be able to BEAR it, just as Christ was able to allay his fears by praying to the Father at Gethsemane. In a short period he was able to change from a man sweating blood to a man submitting to arrest and healing his attackers simply because he was able to submit his fear to the will of God and entrust it to him, leaving it behind rather than clinging to it even after his prayer. Clinging to our worries even after praying about them is an obstacle so many of us fail to overcome. That is why we fail our faith, because if we still fret, fear and worry even after submitting our strife to God's will, then we are not trusting him, we are not applying our faith.

Hebrews 11 gives great examples of what can be accomplished by faith and yet nowhere does the bible ascribe our woes or our failures to the inadequcy of our faith, rather such things are ascribed to being without faith.

Even as the apostles asked Jesus to increase their faith in Luke 17 he did not ascribe their inadequacies to their faith but rather upheld the power of faith "if you had faith as even a MUSTARD SEED, you could say to this mulberry tree be uprooted and fall into the sea" - Your faith, HOWEVER you perceive it, is apt to achieve that which God has put before you, but the choice is still yours whether you bear it as through the faith that God has provided, or whether you bear it of yourself and hope that God might intervene.

M Queen, I hope this is of use to you. I would be happy to elaborate more by PM, if you so wish.

Shalom x

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1987

Your faith, HOWEVER you perceive it, is apt to achieve that which God has put before you, but the choice is still yours whether you bear it as through the faith that God has provided, or whether you bear it of yourself and hope that God might intervene.

fantastic point dude, man if only we could just GRIP IT and ACCEPT IT and STRIVE ON and not doubt, as through doubt we doubt god, and in him we should put all of our trust.. no matter the situation... he WILL provide

As the dudes sig says HAVE FAITH IN YOUR FAITH.... says it all really doesnt it

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My people perish for lack of knowledge. Most people dont know the word. Most churches I've been to dont preach the word.

Most people can quote "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." But thats not what Jesus is trying to say... Read the whole thing in context.

31-37

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And (THEN) you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

My friend Sara was going to this HUGE baptist church. She was going to get baptised and thet asked her to share her testimony. They wanted to do a short video of everyones testimony that they could play before they got dunked. Well she met with the pastor and was a little nervous about being video taped. She asked him what she should say. He told her "Just keep it simple, half the people in the church arent saved anyway."

Even in these huge churches the word is not being preached. They dont even know the foundation of christianity. Half the people arent saved and the other half probably dont know why they're saved.

In Christ,

John

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hello there M Queen

I wanted to share with you that I have not been a part of organized religion for 24 years. I attended churchs services mainly on holidays. Recently, I have returned.

The reason I left was mostly because of the misguidance, or lack of the Holy Spirit, of spiritual leaders. I experienced alot of judgemental attitudes towards Christians and non-Christians. Where was the love of a perfect example such as Jesus and his apostles? I saw alot of leaders who, though I think they're intentions were good, preached alot about the vengence and judgements God will make on man. There was hardly enough talk about the unfathomable love and unending Mercy, about forgiveness, and love of neighbor. I saw and still see alot of condemnation of others, groups such as people who have abortions, or homosexuals. I totally belive that God will judge us on Judgement Day,as we have judged others. That really bothers me. No, I dont believe in abortions, nor am I a homosexual, but who am I to judge a man? I came from dirt, and so did they. Too many people are too busy condeming others and their choices and lifestyles, supposedly out of a duty to save souls, or relay the message of the Good Book. I dont even judge the judges. I feel sorry for them b/c I think judging others puts up obstacles in their lives to receive abundant graces our Lord want to bestow on them; obstacles that restrict the flow of the Holy Spirit, when His greatest desire is to flow freely through us. We are our own worst enemy, not others. It is harder to live by the Scriptures than to preach them. It is easier to memorize them, than to live the lessons they teach. I think that spiritual leaders should have a clear calling from God, and too many do not. Good intentions are not enough to lead the flock. Good Shepards are few and far between.

I think that religion has come to be, and has been for a long time, something it was never meant to be. When Jesus walked the Earth, it was as an example of how we should live; and his aposltles carried on through him. After that, alll was lost. The impression did not last. Too soon was the way he lived his life forgotten. What remained with us, are his works, and they are not enough. Religion became twisted by man into a political being, for the most part. I also think that the church should be simple, not magnificent amphitheaters, with throne-like chairs for the ministers. There's just no humility in it. And there has to be humility. If there's no humility, the preacher becomes misguided. Materialism can be a problem with some churches. It is often justified by giving thanks and praise for the wonderful blessings God has bestowed on the ministry to preach his word in such a fine place. It seems that God would be more pleased to feed the poor, or aid the sick. I envy monastaries and convents who are truly committed to live as Jesus lived. Are there any? We talk too much. How will we ever hear God ? Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing people in any way. I just dont think the true leadership is there. Where is this man called Jesus? He's in the Sciptures, but he's not in our lives. He's not the man next door, or the one who brings your mail, or even the one sitting next to you in church. People would be drawn to a man like Jesus, not because of miracles, but because of the profound peace he radiates; a peace that only comes from knowing God. Can you imagine the people that would be drawn to a man like that, today? Everyone would want to know how he could speak with a homosexual, or not condem a man that condems him?

One more thing, Scripture wars. Who has the right interperetation? "I can out quote you anyday!"Who are we to preach at each other? I beleive the Scriptures were intended to speak to us individually, as a reader; so that the Holy Spirit can apply something in them that relates to things going on with us, individually. They were meant to enlighten us, and provide guidance in our lives on Earth. I do think Scriptures are wonderful for leaders to preach to us about, not at us, in a condeming or judging way. I think they were made for us to learn how to live good lives, pleasing to God. They were not meant to be used against us, or to insight fear, guilt, and shame. That does not bring people closer to God. Yes, he judges, but he forgives a remorseful heart. And vengence is always his, not ours. Some Christains feel it is their responsibility to enlighten the wrong-doers, but is their calling trulyfrom God to do this? They must ask themselves. No, we dont always do things that are pleasing in his sight, but he loves us anyway. It's all about love, nothing else.

I often dream of a day, or a time, when I will meet a leader, or an ordinary man, who truly folows the footsteps of Jesus. Someone full of love and compassion. Someone who lives their life exemplifying a pure nature; someone who does not know how to worry because their faith is so strong; someone who feels only compassion for others; someone with no ulterior motive, but to love

but to love

but to love

I know.

It's just a dream...

All love and peace to you

Best wishes on your book

Edited by seraphimbride

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/26/1961

What a wonderful calling you have, and I pray that you are sucessfull.

The one problem I have found in the Church is the "me" attitude. No one focuses on Christ. They all focus on what they want, what they need, what they think should happen. And it better HAPPEN NOW!!!! No one seems to want to keeps their eyes on the Lord, they want to be rich, or healthy or whatever. There seems to be no instruction as to how to deal with bad times, which God uses to mold us, instead they concentrate on asking God to take them away.

Now, I'm not saying it's wrong to pray and ask for help. God tells us to pray without ceasing, to pray about EVERYTHING. But, it seems to me, there is no emphasis at all on God, how great He is, how wonderful He is, how gracious He is, how powerful He is. People don't seem to want to keep their eyes on Him, they just want their problems taken care of.

I personally believe we should be praising God for His greatness every day, first and foremost. We are to look at Him, seek Him FIRST, and then everything else will fall into place, according to His will, not ours. I have seen many a Christian, who immediately gets mad at God when things don't happen the way they think they should, and thus blame God and then drift away. (My husband is a prime example)

I wish I could find a Church that gave you instruction, helped you along, was there for you etc.. when you go through tough times. I wish the pastor would visit me once a week, like he did when I was growing up. I wish I could walk into his office and talk, like it used to be. I think there is little to any Spiritual guidance anymore. It's all about "me".

Thanks for giving me this opportunity,

Blessings, kamusat