• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

John 3:3 " Except a man be born again he cannot even see the kingdom of God"

Jesus said it, and I believe it.

Adonijah,

Absolutely! And not leaving us in any doubt Jesus gives us directions on how to be born again and gives us examples of others being born again. If we believe him and follow his advice then we will be born again.

See my last reply for part of God

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Sorry but like I said there are NO examples or scripture after the death of Jesus showing we have to ask forgiveness in order to receive salvation.

This is really a non issue.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0

Sorry but like I said there are NO examples or scripture after the death of Jesus showing we have to ask forgiveness in order to receive salvation.

This is really a non issue.

EricH,

Maybe not to you Erich and I am pleased if you don't believe that doctrine.

To some people it is everything. I know people and have heard them say that unless you confess your sins you will not be saved. To them it is an issue.

I don't know everyone on the Worthy boards. So I try to put every example I have come across in my replies that don't match up to what the bible teaches. I also try to show all the bible does say for us to do. Then people can see the overall picture and decide for them selves.

Guest NewPilgrim

EricH. Could you please clarify for me, do you consider it is not an issue because, as preacher attributes to your words, there is no precident for it and is therefore obviously unnecesary. Or do you say it is not an issue because you believe it is quite plain that one must confess ones sins to repent and be saved?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1982

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him

Matthew 20:23

And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

with these two versus so black and whitely written in the Bible, how can there be no immersion folks among the pages.

Jesus says, '.....ye shall be baptized with the baptism that i am baptized with......'

and Mat 3:16 definatley says '......when he was baptized, went straightway out of the water.....' this tells me that he was IN water to be baptized, i'm with Jesus on this one.....

peace

crabs><>

Guest NewPilgrim

Sorry crab, I'm not sure what point you are getting at. Do you mean that water baptism is essential for salvation, or that it is an act of obedience that we should all follow? - or are you pointing out something else entirely?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1982

water baptism for salvation is my point

sorry bout that

crab><>

Guest NewPilgrim

ok. Well, Jesus instructed us to be baptised which makes it an act of obedience. Can u cite any passages that show it to be essential in order to be saved?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0

ok. Well, Jesus instructed us to be baptised which makes it an act of obedience. Can u cite any passages that show it to be essential in order to be saved?

NewPilgrim,

Yes I can give a scripture but unless you understand I doubt that it would convince most people. For example: 1Pet 3:20-21.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

EricH. Could you please clarify for me, do you consider it is not an issue because, as preacher attributes to your words, there is no precident for it and is therefore obviously unnecesary. Or do you say it is not an issue because you believe it is quite plain that one must confess ones sins to repent and be saved?

When I said it doesn't matter, I was referring to his statement that it could not be found after Jesus' death. The timing of any teaching is of no importance. Whether Jesus taught it when he was alive, or the apostles taught it after He was ascended it is still the truth.

If one does not understand they are a sinner in need of forgiveness they cannot be saved. Baptism on the other hand is not required for salvation. It is a step of obedience that pistures the reality of salvation in our lives.

Sorry if my statement was confusing. I was not addressing his doctrine. I was adressing his methodology. He seems to believe that certain statements are more important based on their timing