• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

HOW MANY WAYS CAN WE BE SAVED?

Pro 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

There has been much controversy regarding the method of salvation. Rest assured that God has given a number of patterns in the scriptures, which, if followed through, will always lead to the end result God intended for them. This is true not only of the healing of our bodies and in receiving answers to prayers, but also for our own salvation.

God has given a definite pattern for each individual to receive salvation and eternal life. Because of the controversies that have been encountered concerning the method of salvation, it had been decided to write this giving God

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

John14:6

Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

You really have not looked closely enough at some of these passages. Not all of them you listed speak of "how we are saved". Some speak of results of being saved:

For example

Romans 8:24:

For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one also hope for what he sees?

Romans 8:24 NASB

The word "in" as "in hope you are saved" is not present in the greek text. The only clue we have for the meaning is that Paul used the dative pf the noun for "hope" (elpidi). The dative allows for the following interpretations:

1. Instrumental: We were saved "by hope"

2. Modal: We were saved "in hope"

3. Associative: We were saved "with hope"

You are favoring an instrumental reading of the dative here. The weakness of landing there is that there is not another place in scripture that affirms that we are saved through the agency of hope. There are hovever many passages that teach that hope is a result of being saved. This favors the associative translation of the dative. Namely that we are saved and as a result have hope "with us as a constant companion.

The context of this passage also favors an associative understanding. in 8:21-23 Paul indicates that creation is now in futility due to the fall but hungers for the day where it will be redeemed. IN particular he stresses the future redemption of our bodies:

that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

Romans 8:21-23 NASB

Paul then affirms that the nature of our Hope is the looking forward to that future time that we currently cannot see, but eagerly wait for:

But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

Romans 8:25 NASB

Paul's argument then is that we should not be like the rest of creation groans and suffers under the futility brought about by the fall. We as believers, as a result of our salvation now bring with us a hope. This hope looks forward to the day where our bodies will be redeemd. That in the midst of our groaning we can look forward to the future redemption being armed with the fruits of the Spirit of which one is hope.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

Preacher, we are saved by grace through faith. I may be reading it the wrong way

but this seems to me to be misleading.

Look at #15 for example. If a lost person was reading the post and saw that they would think

If you had a baby you will be saved and go to heaven.

#1 for example just because we hear preaching dont mean we are saved because we hear it.

It is because of the Word being preached that we may be saved if we choose.

If I read it wrong except my apology. But there is only one way to heaven. By grace through faith.

Excepting Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Hello the preacher

How many ways can we be saved? The answer is I've literally lost count there are so many doctrines out there concerning this subject it can give one a head ache.

But for those scriptures. John 3:3 " Except a man be born again he cannot even "see" the kingdom of G-d"

"For if any man be in Christ Jesus he is a new creature old things are passed away behold all things are made new"

"All that call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in thine heart that he was raised from the dead thou shalt be saved."

"Come unto me all ye that are heavy burden and I will give thee rest"

"Those that confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh"

So you see how easy it is for one to loose count

Openly Curious

Cani770,

That is good. I believe you are getting the point so far.

Erich,

The list is made up from what many people have said. It is not just my list. My goal is to get every ones individual scriptures listed first. Then we can continue with how they all fit together. If as you say Rom 8:24 doesn

HOW TO START PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHR

Is one man saved by

Guest NewPilgrim

THE LAYMAN'S GUIDE TO SALVATION

Acts 16:30 And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Amen :thumbsup:

Guest AFollower

This is one of my favorite verses. It tends to remind me that any righteousness accounted to me is not earned on my own merit. But was paid for by the Lord Jesus. It brings home that salvation is a gift of God and not an item we earned for good behaviour.

Romans 5:10

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Romans 5:9-11

also a favorite.

Hebrews 7:25

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 7:24-26

How far is the uttermost?

One last favorite.

Ephesians 1:13

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:12-14

It sounds as if salvation is not earned, but a gift. Not based on self merit or works. One that lasts and has the seal of God on it. Wait a minute.....where have I heard that before? :thumbsup:

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:7-9

Sounds simple enough...believe, be saved. Sounds way to simple. Maybe I should break this down into something more confusing so I can better understand it. :24:

The End!

:5:

NewPilgrim,

Yes! A very good example of what is required before one follows the Lord. In other words if a person didn