thepreacher

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

EricH. Could you please clarify for me, do you consider it is not an issue because, as preacher attributes to your words, there is no precident for it and is therefore obviously unnecesary. Or do you say it is not an issue because you believe it is quite plain that one must confess ones sins to repent and be saved?

When I said it doesn't matter, I was referring to his statement that it could not be found after Jesus' death. The timing of any teaching is of no importance. Whether Jesus taught it when he was alive, or the apostles taught it after He was ascended it is still the truth.

If one does not understand they are a sinner in need of forgiveness they cannot be saved. Baptism on the other hand is not required for salvation. It is a step of obedience that pistures the reality of salvation in our lives.

Sorry if my statement was confusing. I was not addressing his doctrine. I was adressing his methodology. He seems to believe that certain statements are more important based on their timing

EricH,

Timing seems very important when you think that no one could claim Jesus Christ sacrificed until he actually was. That is the real beginning of the new covenant. Remember the Holy Spirit could not be given until even after His ascension according to scripture they had to wait until the day of Pentecost.

We are well after the death and sacrifice of Jesus.

I mentioned not really knowing what you were saying. I think I understand now.

A rich man who wanted eternal life ask Jesus what he must do. Jesus said give everything away and follow me. Mark 10:17-21.

Now I ask is that a requirement today for salvation? Of coarse it is not! We check the books from Acts to Revelation to see if it is required or not. We can follow Jesus with or without money in our pockets today.

What I am saying is that you have to rightly divide the word of God to understand. You don

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

EricH. Could you please clarify for me, do you consider it is not an issue because, as preacher attributes to your words, there is no precident for it and is therefore obviously unnecesary. Or do you say it is not an issue because you believe it is quite plain that one must confess ones sins to repent and be saved?

When I said it doesn't matter, I was referring to his statement that it could not be found after Jesus' death. The timing of any teaching is of no importance. Whether Jesus taught it when he was alive, or the apostles taught it after He was ascended it is still the truth.

If one does not understand they are a sinner in need of forgiveness they cannot be saved. Baptism on the other hand is not required for salvation. It is a step of obedience that pistures the reality of salvation in our lives.

Sorry if my statement was confusing. I was not addressing his doctrine. I was adressing his methodology. He seems to believe that certain statements are more important based on their timing

EricH,

Timing seems very important when you think that no one could claim Jesus Christ sacrificed until he actually was. That is the real beginning of the new covenant. Remember the Holy Spirit could not be given until even after His ascension according to scripture they had to wait until the day of Pentecost.

A rich man who wanted eternal life ask Jesus what he must do. Jesus said give everything away and follow me. Mark 10:17-21.

Now I ask is that a requirement today for salvation? Of coarse it is not! We check the books from Acts to Revelation to see if it is required or not. We can follow Jesus with or without money in our pockets today.

What I am saying is that you have to rightly divide the word of God to understand. You don

EricH,

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

HOW MANY WAYS CAN WE BE SAVED?

Pro 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

There has been much controversy regarding the method of salvation. Rest assured that God has given a number of patterns in the scriptures, which, if followed through, will always lead to the end result God intended for them. This is true not only of the healing of our bodies and in receiving answers to prayers, but also for our own salvation.

God has given a definite pattern for each individual to receive salvation and eternal life. Because of the controversies that have been encountered concerning the method of salvation, it had been decided to write this giving God

HOW MANY WAYS CAN WE BE SAVED?

Pro 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

There has been much controversy regarding the method of salvation. Rest assured that God has given a number of patterns in the scriptures, which, if followed through, will always lead to the end result God intended for them. This is true not only of the healing of our bodies and in receiving answers to prayers, but also for our own salvation.

God has given a definite pattern for each individual to receive salvation and eternal life. Because of the controversies that have been encountered concerning the method of salvation, it had been decided to write this giving God

One.... Jesus Christ

LawyerForGod,

I know you know what you mean but for everyone else, can you help us out and be a little more expressive?

Is this your a contribution to the list of requirements?

Did you mean this is the only requirement?

Did you mean this is the primary requirement?

Thank you for your help.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

Thank-you for such an enjoyable and informative Topic preacher.

I've followed it right through from the 1st post eagerly looking forward to your conclusion. I like the way you arrived at the finale....It's simple really isn't it....Jesus came to fulfill the law. The purpose of the law was to Lead a person to a knowledge of sin and need for the saviour. Once a person was able to see his hopeless state before God as a sinner who is lost, he is then aware that Gods forgiveness for his sins has only been offered through the Work of Christ on the cross.....No longer is there a "covering" for sin as only the Old Testament provided covering....With the Cross however there is a total and complete cleansing.

To come to Christ is to fulfill the purpose of the law.....To lead you to him.

Regards,

Ben. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Why? Are there more Saviors than Jesus Christ? Did He recommend various ways - or only one way? Isn't Acts 4:12 kinda like enuf yet? I must say that that particular query has all the charisma of a bowling ball.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Why? Are there more Saviors than Jesus Christ? Did He recommend various ways - or only one way? Isn't Acts 4:12 kinda like enuf yet? I must say that that particular query has all the charisma of a bowling ball.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

[/quot]

Arthur Durnan,

My self I know of no other savior that you need to believe in but Jesus Christ.

Other people make up different ways to be saved.

With questions and replies from every one on this topic, I am trying to help guide us all to the one true way to salvation according to scripture based on ALL the bible.

Since different people learn through different examples I will give a new one for you.

Do you remember the saying,

This is it for all to study further if they wish on their own.

THE FOUNDATION OF GOD, THE IMAGE OF CHRIST

Heb 6:1-2 (5:11-6:8)

Without the laying of this foundation of Christ in Hebrews 6:1-2 there is no salvation! Don

Edited by EricH