• Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Look at these verses in your Bible;

Isaiah 58:6-12,

Galatians 2:10,

Proverbs 19:17,

Matthew 25:31-46.

There are some others, but these are the ones that I remember. Anyone else know other Bible verses about feeding and helping the poor?

Here is more,

Psalms 41:1-3.

:thumb:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest C.D. Light

All taxpayers feed the poor whether they realize it or not.

School lunches, gov handouts, foodstamps, etc. We even house them, pay for them to have their kids, doctor them, day care them, pay for their schooling and college; how sweet it is?

cd

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

"All taxpayers feed the poor whether they realize it or not.

School lunches, gov handouts, foodstamps, etc. We even house them, pay for them to have their kids, doctor them, day care them, pay for their schooling and college; how sweet it is?"

That's true C.D. Light, but I don't believe that paying taxes exempts us as Christians from doing all we can (above and beyond what tax dollars might do), for those in need. At the same time, I am glad that at least SOME of our "tributary" is allocated to a good cause.

Here are two of my favorites commentor;

1 John 3:17But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

James 2:15-17 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Anyone else know other Bible verses about feeding and helping the poor?

Here is more,

Psalms 41:1-3.  :thumb:

Proverbs 11:25 A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

James 2:15 Suppose a brother or sister is wihtout clothes and daily food. (16)If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed, " but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? (17) In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

Matthew 25: 41- 42 Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. (42) For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat...'

Luke 6:36 Be merciful , just as your Father is merciful. :rofl:

1 John 3:17But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Timothy:

I forgot that one...how very true! Amen... :thumb:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Matthew 25:31-46

Not too much controversy here...(praise the Lord!)   :rofl:

Guest C.D. Light
"All taxpayers feed the poor whether they realize it or not.

School lunches, gov handouts, foodstamps, etc. We even house them, pay for them to have their kids, doctor them, day care them, pay for their schooling and college; how sweet it is?"

That's true C.D. Light, but I don't believe that paying taxes exempts us as Christians from doing all we can (above and beyond what tax dollars might do), for those in need. At the same time, I am glad that at least SOME of our "tributary" is allocated to a good cause.

Here are two of my favorites commentor;

James 2:15-17 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Timothy -- As I read those scriptures, its say WHOEVER HAS THE WORLDS GOODS -- it doesnt say it is a mandate on every christian.  I, for one, do not happen to be one of those who "has the worlds goods".  Call Bill Gates, lol.

It also says to help our brothers and sisters.  That sounds to me like our "own" who are in Christ, doesnt it to you?

I happen to be a semi retired person and I think that has a lot to do with my "objection" to being pressed by a mandate like this. For me, the "giving" that God presses me to do, is in other forms, and that, I do.

1 Tim 5:8 but if any provide not for his own, and specifically  for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel

Our own must come first.

cd

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

C.D. Light,

All I said was, as Christians we should do all we can for those in need.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

C.D. Light, you picked a bad day to say this. LOL. I agree with you. I am a bank teller and Fridays I work 11 hours. It is very, VERY hard not to get angry when I cash the many checks of people who are working the system and are perfectly content to let us all support them instead of working for a living like the rest of us. Meanwhile, I am dog tired and wishing I were with my kids and wondering how I will stretch the money this week.  I was asking God today for His love so I might love them through him as I dealt with them. I manged a cheerful "have a nice weekend", but I didn't really feel it. :rofl:

Now, helping those who are truly needy, I love to do.