you who once laid low the nations!

13 You said in your heart,

"I will ascend to heaven;

I will raise my throne

above the stars of God;

I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,

on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. [1]

Revelation 22:16

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[1] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

KJV

Isaiah 14

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Trust in the Lord

oh but of course they are  :rofl:

but people continue to support these different versions and don't care how they are put together....God knows the difference for He wrote His word for us to read he never changes it is man that changes God's word..

Guest C.D. Light

E&E--I have told people to throw away their NIV's and get a real bible.  Do you know that catholics use the NIV? Do you know that the newer version of the NIV slyly tries to eliminate the fact that JESUS is necessary for salvation?

Just as your post showed, they try to sneak in little changes such as "morning star" and they have eliminated "lucifer" as you showed.

They have also completely DROPPED some verses; wish I had that example handy, but dont right now.  The verses dropped indicate the NEED for Jesus.....and it is totally eliminated.

Think what would happen in another 10 years or so, if the world continued; there would be so many changes that Christ himself would be eliminated!

In 20 - 50 years.....there would be no christianity at all in the bible.

And people still battle to say that the rcc is christian; while all the while they eliminate our savior from their bible. NO true christian church would stand for that.

People need to wake up; they're not going to hear this on the nightly news.

cd

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Here are some other versions of the same passage:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

There is a deception going on here, some people on this earth believe that the Messiah and satan are the same person. It is they that have done this thing in these translations; they shall receive their part of the wrath of the Creator.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

What is amazing to think of is that this debate makes no sense in any other language than English (little sense in the English either). In other words, this is a pointless debate, that gets a large portion of English Speaking Christians judged as unholy or perpetrators of evil or whatever, just because they don't happen to agree with you that the KJV floated down from heaven (the translators didn't believe it, you should read the preface). We who read other translations know that the Messiah and the false messiah (satan) are two different men.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My next question is Who is the Star? And it does matter

Lets take a look.

Numbers 24:17

I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

there shall come a Star out of Jacob.... Who is this Star

2Peter 1:19

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

and the day star arise in your hearts.... The star is Jesus Christ The Saviour

Revelation 2:28

And I will give him the morning star.  

Also speaking of Jesus as the Star

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus is the Star or morning star in the KJV.

Isaiah 14:12 in KJV Lucifer is only son of the morning

These same verses in the NIV

Numbers 24:17

"I see him, but not now;

I behold him, but not near.

A star will come out of Jacob;

a scepter will rise out of Israel.

He will crush the foreheads of Moab,

the skulls  of  all the sons of Sheth.      

A star will come out of Jacob.....   Jesus or Lucifer???    

2Peter 2:19

And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

and the morning star rises in your hearts.   Which morning star rises in your hearts?????  Jesus???  Lucifer???  

Revelation 2:28

just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the morning star.

I will also give him the morning star...   Here  again  which morning star???

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[1] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Isaiah 14:12

How you have fallen from heaven,

O morning star, son of the dawn!

You have been cast down to the earth,

you who once laid low the nations!

Who is the star according to NIV it appears they both are the same

you can get the morning star to rise in you hearts 2peter 1:19 NIV

Either  the NIV contradicts its self or Isaiah 14:12 is speaking of the  Jesus of the NIV.

Check it out for your selves God's Word is never to return void.

and do take the time to search be patient for God to answer.

Acts 17:11 KJV

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

For those of you who are Prejudice towards KJV heres the verse in the NIV

Acts 17:11 NIV

Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Phillipians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

What is amazing to think of is that this debate makes no sense in any other language than English (little sense in the English either). In other words, this is a pointless debate, that gets a large portion of English Speaking Christians judged as unholy or perpetrators of evil or whatever, just because they don't happen to agree with you that the KJV floated down from heaven (the translators didn't believe it, you should read the preface). We who read other translations know that the Messiah and the false messiah (satan) are two different men.

Actually the KJV was written from 1607-1610 with a group of 54 Biblical scholars from Great Britain. They divided into 6 groups with 3 working on the OT and the other 3 on the NT. They were to follow an older translation called the Bishops Bible (written in 1588). Most of that translation was based on the Geneva Bible and the Great Bible which were revisions of the Tynedale Bible published in 1533. The KJV has only 39% language which is unique to itself and over 90% of the NT can be found word for word in the Tyndale NT.  

England didnt have any ancient Greek manuscripts until 1628. However, the NIV committee consisted of over 100 Biblical scholars from 5 countries who had much older versions (more true to the originals) and much better grasp on ancient Hebrew.

No translation can be exactly word for word and be understood. The translators of the KJV along with the New American Standard tried to keep the wording order as close as they could. The translators of the NIV were developing a reading Bible, and they tried to make a thought by thought translation. This would convey the essence and meaning of the original documents, but more conversational to the ear.

Guest C.D. Light

Suzie--But there are newer versions now of the NIV, in which the words have been grossly tampered with, even omitting whole verses altogether.

What is your take on that?

cd