• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

Observer:

Hehe, it's alright :wub: There's a good chance I'm looking for something - I think most people are - but if I am, I don't really know what it is. I had a little epiphany on my way to lunch today- it was on a topic I think about quite often, but it particularly struck me this time. We're all human, just trying to live our lives the best way we know how in the hope that other people will live them in a like fashion. Nobody can ever prove to everyone else who we really are or why we're really here; whatever we believe, if it brings us peace and does no harm to others, is worthy. Of course, 'harm' is a relative term: people have always done and will continue to do great evil in the belief that it is the right thing. The best any of us can do is listen to our own internal compass, to keep our minds open to the things we see around us, to accept that we will always be ignorant about most things given how many potential areas of knowledge there are in the world and how comparatively short our lifespans are, to know that we are not always right, but not always wrong, to help where we can, and, as a Calvin and Hobbs comic once put it, hold fast when we can and compromise when we must. In some ways, truth is tangible - love is real, and mathematics is real, and gravity is real, and beauty is real - and we should always aim for it in these respects regardless of what knowledge or discipline guides us or, sometimes, what other people think; we should try and be respectful without letting what we think should be spoken pass unsaid. At the end of it all, we have the people around us. Whether or not all of that constitutes a thing to look for, I don't know. But it makes sense to me, I suppose :emot-hug:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Like it or not, one day you will bow down and confess Jesus is God, so you better do it now so you don't have to do it when it will be no good to you. (Judgement Day)

God loves you, like it or not, He has patience but you have to act quick,you never know when it's gonna be too late :) .

Like it or not, one day you will bow down before Allah, so you better do it now so you don't have to do it when it will be no good to you. (Judgement Day) Allah loves you like it or not, He has patience but you have to act quick, you never know when it's gonna be too late :)

See anybody can do it with any religion, I even gave a link to back mine up.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Like it or not, one day you will bow down and confess Jesus is God, so you better do it now so you don't have to do it when it will be no good to you. (Judgement Day)

God loves you, like it or not, He has patience but you have to act quick,you never know when it's gonna be too late :) .

Like it or not, one day you will bow down before Allah, so you better do it now so you don't have to do it when it will be no good to you. (Judgement Day) Allah loves you like it or not, He has patience but you have to act quick, you never know when it's gonna be too late :)

Crisor, I'm saying this to help you out. You're different from secondeve and other athiests we have had on this board, and that's not in a good way. They approach us with respect, they're polite, they take our thoughts into consideration and even though they disagree, they still show why and offer us some level of dignity in their reply. I've read your replies and you mock us. I, for one, do not appreciate that and kindly ask you to stop.

Guest Thomas I believe

Crisor, I'm saying this to help you out. You're different from secondeve and other athiests we have had on this board, and that's not in a good way. They approach us with respect, they're polite, they take our thoughts into consideration and even though they disagree, they still show why and offer us some level of dignity in their reply. I've read your replies and you mock us. I, for one, do not appreciate that and kindly ask you to stop.

I agree. We are all on whatever side of the fence we are on. Lets respect each other out of our humanity even if we dont agree with each other .

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  21

Soooo, I take it you didn't like the link? :)

This, is a joke. I'll try and tone it down a bit.

Crisor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

1Corinthians 8:5,6

5 For though there are those who are called gods, whether in Heaven or in earth

(as there are many gods and many lords),

6 but there is to us only one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him.

Aaaaaaaaaaah so much better when someone turns on the "Light of the world" :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1Corinthians 8:5,6

5 For though there are those who are called gods, whether in Heaven or in earth

(as there are many gods and many lords),

6 but there is to us only one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him.

Aaaaaaaaaaah so much better when someone turns on the "Light of the world" :blink:

Amen.

And by the way to criser, what I said, is something true that will happen so, if I was you I wouldn't make much fun of it and rather think it over :emot-hug:

Edited by CellShade

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17

Hi CellShade,

"Like it or not, one day you will bow down and confess Jesus is God, so you better do it now so you don't have to do it when it will be no good to you. (Judgement Day)"

While I believe in God, and Jesus, I don't believe in judgment day (let alone Hell), nor do I believe Jesus wants nor desires worship, but wants us to see God within each of us (as in Love your neighbor as yourself).

"God loves you, like it or not, He has patience but you have to act quick,you never know when it's gonna be too late :blink: ."

Too late? Why would a loving God not bring all His children home when our time here is done?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:blink: So, how do you explain Revelation with the angels and the elders and everyone else crying, "Worthy is the Lamb seated on the throne!"

And how do you explain "everyone who's name was not written in the Lamb's book of life was thrown into the lake of fire."?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1987

i got a question... what are atheists doing on a christian bulletinboard? :blink: