• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

If one does not live by the sword in this day and age

one will surely die by the sword.

And I prefer that sword not be on the necks of those who I love... in Christ or otherwise.

The utopian concept you speak of kjw47 would mean that pure evil would eventually be allowed to overrun all good in this world.

If you honestly believe that evil could relent completely and leave this Earth in global peace then you are not only ideologically mislead but Scripturally unsound in your thinking.

Evil is being restrained right now, and has been by God since the very beginning when evil entered this world.

2 Thessalonians 2:6,7

6 And now ye know that which restraineth, to the end that he may be revealed in his own season.

7 For the mystery of lawlessness doth already work: only there is one that restraineth now, until he be taken out of the way.

Satan is not a peaceful creature so do you honestly think God meant for us all to just lay down and allow all that is good and right to be destroyed?

If that was His plan all would have come to pass long ago and we would be with Christ already listening to Him explain why it was the way it was.

Sure there are faults in our leaders, in our countries, and our militaries, but the policy of opposing and suppressing evil can never be discounted. For when the opposite tact is taken and nothing is done then everyone cries out " why didn't anyone help them?"

So I just feel that you shouldn't condemn those who are called to war and the defense of what is right while you stand in the blood of those that gave their lives to offer you that freedom of speech.

God Bless our troops

Christ's servant

-CC-

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If one does not live by the sword in this day and age

one will surely die by the sword.

And I prefer that sword not be on the necks of those who I love... in Christ or otherwise.

The utopian concept you speak of kjw47 would mean that pure evil would eventually be allowed to overrun all good in this world.

If you honestly believe that evil could relent completely and leave this Earth in global peace then you are not only ideologically mislead but Scripturally unsound in your thinking.

Evil is being restrained right now, and has been by God since the very beginning when evil entered this world.

2 Thessalonians 2:6,7

6 And now ye know that which restraineth, to the end that he may be revealed in his own season.

7 For the mystery of lawlessness doth already work: only there is one that restraineth now, until he be taken out of the way.

Satan is not a peaceful creature so do you honestly think God meant for us all to just lay down and allow all that is good and right to be destroyed?

If that was His plan all would have come to pass long ago and we would be with Christ already listening to Him explain why it was the way it was.

Sure there are faults in our leaders, in our countries, and our militaries, but the policy of opposing and suppressing evil can never be discounted. For when the opposite tact is taken and nothing is done then everyone cries out " why didn't anyone help them?"

So I just feel that you shouldn't condemn those who are called to war and the defense of what is right while you stand in the blood of those that gave their lives to offer you that freedom of speech.

God Bless our troops

Christ's servant

-CC-

Hi friend, Heres where faith in God rather than in a sword would be useful. I will always have freedom of speech, i got mine from God not death.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

You didnt answer the question.

KJW, do you believe that man not only has an inherent goodness about him, but also an inherent evil? Do you believe that no matter what, at some point, all humans will comitt an act of evil? Lastly, do you believe when we act in evil we deserve justice?

Hi Friend, Yes every act will recieve justice,thats what God was saying when he said an eye for an eye, etc. But he also said-- Vengence is mine. He will dish out justice, not men take it out of his hands,this is where faith in him doing just so comes in. Yes men can do both good and evil, especially the decieved ones.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

KJW, do you believe that man not only has an inherent goodness about him, but also an inherent evil? Do you believe that no matter what, at some point, all humans will comitt an act of evil? Lastly, do you believe when we act in evil we deserve justice?

Hi Friend, Yes every act will recieve justice,thats what God was saying when he said an eye for an eye, etc. But he also said-- Vengence is mine. He will dish out justice, not men take it out of his hands,this is where faith in him doing just so comes in. Yes men can do both good and evil, especially the decieved ones.

My question is this then:

Since God can use justice, why can't He use men to deliver justice? You keep saying, "Prophets were the ones that allowed men to go to war in the OT." Yet, a quick scan shows this only happened in the time of judges. Instead, during the time of Kings, Israel declared war as it wished. God would later support them in this as well. WHy can't God use men to deliver justice via warfare today? Are you saying that showing love to the Nazis would have been better than fighting them?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

If killing one monster saves millions then hand me the gun.

Why not kill abortionists then?

As I remember there was already one man who was murdered for the salvation of millions.

Last time I checked, abortion was legal.

Who was murdered for salvation of others?

Do you mean Jesus?

He WASNT murdered.

He GAVE His life, it was not taken from him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

So kjw47 to get this thread back on track since you are bordering on sheer disrespect for every serviceman (and woman) who has ever laid down and lost their life fighting for this right (you must not be an American I take it?)

Hi friend, Heres where faith in God rather than in a sword would be useful. I will always have freedom of speech, i got mine from God not death.

So do you feel that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi should have been left alone and allowed to continue his "jihad" against the world, and that he was a "casualty of a crusade against Arabs and Muslims"??

The ruling Palestinian faction Hamas on Thursday deplored the killing by U.S. warplanes of the al Qaeda leader in Iraq Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, describing him as a casualty of a crusade against Arabs and Muslims.

My question is this then:

Since God can use justice, why can't He use men to deliver justice? You keep saying, "Prophets were the ones that allowed men to go to war in the OT." Yet, a quick scan shows this only happened in the time of judges. Instead, during the time of Kings, Israel declared war as it wished. God would later support them in this as well. WHy can't God use men to deliver justice via warfare today? Are you saying that showing love to the Nazis would have been better than fighting them?

Hi Friend, If the teachers of christians told the christians not to kill for hitler, especially since it ended up brother in christ against brother in christ killing each other, he wouldnt have had much of an army left. What an atrocite occured for the Jews at hitlers hand, yet one fails to realize is that the christians carried out his orders. also the christians sent people to the aztecs and incas and wiped these races God created off the face of this earth, what was their reasoning, those practiced fornication, yet it is written facts of history that while this was being carried out that the teachers back in europe were the number 1 participants at the brothels, Carrying on just as the aztecs and incas. Jesus would tell you that Love is the true answer to every problem on this earth.