thechild

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

open your bible and read abot nebbuchadnezzar. his rich living and lavish meals of whatever and however much he wanted(and possibly some STDs) made him a madman. what was the cure? seven years of living out in the open air and eating grass for seven years. that is no coincidence. that IS the cure. seven years of fasting on wheatgrass juice would cure anyone of anything.

You prove your lack of Biblical knowledge! He was being punished for his actions and God turned him over to being a madman!

See what the Bible has to say:

Daniel 4:9 "Twelve months later he was walking on the {roof of} the royal palace of Babylon. 30 "The king reflected and said, 'Is this not Babylon the great, which I myself have built as a royal residence by the might of my power and for the glory of my majesty?' 31 "While the word {was} in the king's mouth, a voice came from heaven, {saying,} 'King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is declared: sovereignty has been removed from you, 32 and you will be driven away from mankind, and your dwelling place {will be} with the beasts of the field. You will be given grass to eat like cattle, and seven periods of time will pass over you until you recognize that the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind and bestows it on whomever He wishes.' 33 "Immediately the word concerning Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled; and he was driven away from mankind and began eating grass like cattle, and his body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair had grown like eagles' {feathers} and his nails like birds' {claws.}

34 "But at the end of that period, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever; For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, And His kingdom {endures} from generation to generation. 35 " All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, But He does according to His will in the host of heaven And {among} the inhabitants of earth; And no one can ward off His hand Or say to Him, ' What have You done?' 36 "At that time my reason returned to me. And my majesty and splendor were restored to me for the glory of my kingdom, and my counselors and my nobles began seeking me out; so I was reestablished in my sovereignty, and surpassing greatness was added to me. 37 "Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise, exalt and honor the King of heaven, for all His works are true and His ways just, and He is able to humble those who walk in pride."

Your exegis of Scripture is completely horrible! You cannot insert meanings that are not there and that is exactly what you are doing!!!! Before you attempt to teach others, I would suggest you grasp a basic understanding of the Bible, and you DO NOT grasp even the most elementary concepts!

As for eating meat, I will let the Apostle Paul speak:

I Corinthians 10:25 Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking questions for conscience' sake

Now given your sloppy way of inserting whatever meaning you want into Scripture, I'm sure you will say Paul was at the meat market buying tofu or something, but such is not the case!

Also, what do you do with the Scripture of Jesus feeding the multitude with fish? We're awaiting anxiously to see how you explain it away! :)

i wouldnt know exegis from the nearst exit, but my understanding of the facts is quite good. he had the power of god on earth over other people. i am sure he had what he wanted when he wanted. the price of such excesses is illness. he became ill. he spent seven years uncovered at night and eating grass and he got well. if you look at it like a little child, you get truth out of it. plenty of other people have been healed by fasting and by eating grass. just because you havent heard of it doesnt mean it is non-existant.

why are people trying to discredit good diet? or any good thing? i certainly have no stake in what other people eat. its just that if it were me, knowing what i know, i would have wanted someone to care enough to warn me. and as i recall they did. i didnt listen. now i understand perfectly. so just remember that i told you about it and do as you please. you will anyway.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Ronald.

TheChild, is concerned with Christians keeping Jewish dietary laws but he has no problem posting on the Sabbath.

Go figure! :noidea:

How about an expose on tap water. :P Truth of the matter is, if you abstained from everything that could kill you, you would probably die from malnutrition. I've heard of studies that say margarine, honey, chicken, turkey, BBQ meats, bottled water, tap water, too much milk, coffee etc. can kill you one way or the other.

Any one want to go asp hunting? :)

tap water is very bad. distilled water is the only water that should enter your body. i suggest a home distiller.

Edited by thechild

A young Vegan once told me, "I save a cow a day by being a vegetarian."

My question to her was, "Saving it for whom?"

Look, I have nothing against someone who wants to live a healthy life. If that means that they choose to be Vegan or kosher, fine. Freak freely I say. The problem that I have is when someone tries to indoctrinate me to their way of thinking by making me feel guilty for eating what I eat. Some vegetarians will try to make you feel guilty by talking about all the harm that the meat packing industry inflicts upon animals, and with all the hormones, etc. that they put into the food. The law-keeping kosher types will try to make you feel guilty by preaching about how Jesus was kosher, and so Christians should be to.

Either way it turns me off.

Sure, I know for a fact that the combinations of certain foods, and the overconsumption of certain foods is bad for my health. But I try to eat a balanced diet of fruits, veggies, whole grains, dairy, and that last food group, hamburgers (just kidding). And I am well aware that the dietary laws of the Old Testament had a lot of practical value in terms of keeping oneself away from sickness, disease, etc. However, I also know that the dietary laws had a deeper spiritual significance that I think many people ignore or overlook. Being kosher meant more than simply being healthy and living a longer life by avoiding things that caused disease and sickness. It was about God's selection and consecration of a people. It was a way of setting God's people apart from the rest of the world and, through a process of consecration, marking those people out as being for Him alone.

Today we do not live under the legal system of laws and dietary laws. We are under the age of grace. We are in the age by which all things are subject to Christ alone, and are based solely upon His death and resurrection. God has sealed us with the mark of the Holy Spirit and He is in the process of consecrating us inwardly first, that we could become His bride. In the age of the Law God worked from the outside in. In the age of grace God is working from the inside out.

If a Christian wants to be kosher, that's wonderful. But if he for one moment believes that by being kosher God esteems his manner of living above one who is not, then he is deceived. The writings of Paul are abundantly clear that it is not by the carrying out of the works of the law that man is justified. He is justified only by the death of Christ. Being kosher or not being kosher - being vegetarian or not being a vegetarian - should never be a means by which one believer exalts himself above another, or considers himself greater than another.

Finally, I'd like to make one point with regard to healthy living. Healthy living is great. I sincerely wish that I had the resolve to live a more healthy life. But in terms of longevity I'd like to point out that, for the most part, the jury is still out. Many of us can tell stories of a grandparent or great-grandparent who lived long lives in spite of their otherwise unhealthy lifestyles. Genetics have a lot to do with longevity. Also, believe it or not, there is something in the Bible about being respectful to parents. Paul said that this is the first commandment with a promise - that your days would be long on the earth. When I see, read, or hear about a person who has lived a long life my first question is not usually, "I wonder what his diet was," but "I wonder if that person was a lover of Christ who honored his parents?"

thats a good one about the promise of long life for honoring parents. that is always what i think about too. our diet should be something we get from our parents. it doesnt do much good to honor parents when they throw you into the fire to molech by not raising you and leaving you to your own devices. life doesnt have to be fraught with trial and error. but for the rebelious and stubborn, that is all there is.

The Child, Thank you for posting this article. I don't know that it will keep me from eating all pork (I agree with Marnie on bacon, can't imagine breakfast without it) but it likely has some truth to it. Where I disagree is concerning the idea of why God deemed pork unclean. It has nothing to do with health reasons, but was just a sign to the Jews. It was one of several ordinances in the law that showed Israel's separation from the unclean gentile nations. My view is that anyone that wishes to abstain from unhealthy foods are doing good. It will save you medical bills. At the same time, if you wish to eat pork, shell fish, or anything else that was once ceremonially unclean for the Jews, there is no sin in it. While I don't eat a lot of pork compared to other foods, I do like scallops, deviled crab, shrimp, lobster and crab legs. Even though from a Biblical standpoint I take exception to the claims made in the article about the religious significance of abstaining from pork, I have no problem with it pointing out health risks. I will take that under advisement.

hello, old man!

sorry, but the designation for clean and unclean was used to load noahs boat, long before the israelites came along. in fact, i think it was before animals were eaten all that much. leastwise their longevity showed they didnt eat meat. it was the jews that came up witht he bright idea of trying to drain all the blood out of an animal to make it kosher to eat. when i eat a steak, brother it better bleed! but i tell you true, i am moving away from it and the day is coming i just probably wont ever again. i have learned to never say never, but mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and every other ly you can think of that matters, it aint right. it ant good. and above all, it aint even necessary.

you know, i was giving some thought today about what kind of response i would get from this and i started thinking about those who would pull out their "i can eat anything i darn well please cause jesus said i could" lisence and i just had to chuckle. what is so darn sacred about eating pork? why is having a right eat an oyster such a big thing? think about the first guy to ever try one!!!! that was one desperate dude.

but seriously, here you are, a little creature in a big world with an even bigger god. do you like him? do you love him? would you like to give him a gift? you probably know what its like to try and buy a gift for a rich person, the person who has everything. how do you buy for god? what can he possibly need or want that you have that he doesnt already have? the law of moses had free will offerings instituted. these were a means of giving god something because you wanted to, not because you needed to because you broke the law somehow. just because you dont have to eat kosher doesnt mean you cant. it doesnt mean you shouldnt. it just means you dont have to. but what if you did. would it honor god? well let me tell you, you would honor yourself because you would be healthier. just like the guy who went into the lions cage recently, god will let you.

I am not knocking anyone that wants to eat a healthy diet, and if that means staying away from pork, I am not going to attack anyone for doing so. I have no problem with vegitarians, I just don't happen to be one. My position is, and I believe it is a Biblical one, that we are free to eat anything we wish, but if we don't want a lot of medical bills and possibly a pre-mature death, we have to be careful about what we eat. I have cut back a great deal on hamburger and don't eat that much pork. I also eat a lot of fish and chicken, but this has nothing to do with Bible convictions, it is just that I am not too thrilled about having to deal with by-pass surgery or being put on cholesterol lowering drugs. That is why I once again thank you for providing the information The Child, and wont totally dismiss it, but if I do push pork aside the next time I have opportunity to eat it, it will be for health reasons and not on religious grounds.

it bothers me that gods word calls it unclean. i dont need any other say so to make me not seek it out. i eat what is provided around others, but when i shop, i hardly ever buy meat. it is just not something i want. besides, i get enough from everyone else. i love oranges, pineapple, fuji apples, and fresh greens such as spinach, romaine, etc. i also keep raw nuts around. i use raw honey, sorguhm and unfiltered maple syrup for sweetener. i try to stay away from all prepared food, especially canned. practically all of out food is sacrificed to the idol of profit for money. this is why it is so poisoned and dead and non-nutritious. it takes no brains at all to see the difference, and it takes hardly no time at all to fell the difference in the diet. like they say, the proof is in the pudding. anyone can prove or disprove any of what i say for themselves.

I try to begin every day with about 1/2lb. of pork. Before you ask how my cholesterol is, my doctor says it is the lowest of any patient my age that he has. If you run 5 miles a day, you can eat whatever you want to.

thats right. just ask jim fixx... oh, thats right, hes DEAD.

That's funny. The way you think about grammar is the same way that some think about the legality of the kosher diet.

i studied ee cummings in school.

Ah....Don't know if you heard, but that guy was killed by the lion. That man wasn't a Christian by the way. He was a guy that challenged God by saying, "If God exists then He will keep me alive."

as you can see,since we KNOW that god does exist, this is a perfect example of free will in action. god will not interfere with free will. otherwise its not free.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Reminds me-I still have some left over pork chops that I grilled yesterday! :)

As far reading the Bible like a child, we are called to have child-like faith, not child-like brains.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

That's funny. The way you think about grammar is the same way that some think about the legality of the kosher diet.

i studied ee cummings in school.

And.....?

I studied a lot of things and under a lot of men. But all are refuse in comparison to the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus.

Seems I read that somewhere before. :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Good post Ronald.

TheChild, is concerned with Christians keeping Jewish dietary laws but he has no problem posting on the Sabbath.

Go figure! :noidea:

How about an expose on tap water. :P Truth of the matter is, if you abstained from everything that could kill you, you would probably die from malnutrition. I've heard of studies that say margarine, honey, chicken, turkey, BBQ meats, bottled water, tap water, too much milk, coffee etc. can kill you one way or the other.

Any one want to go asp hunting? :)

tap water is very bad. distilled water is the only water that should enter your body. i suggest a home distiller.

Distilled water is just boiled water, right?

Purified is better.