• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

As with all bondage there is a root issue. A drug addict's problem is not the drug.. that is why you have to deal with the trauma points in peoples lives, inner healing and address the places where they bought into a lie that these "addictions/cuttings" is what makes us feel better. We settle for an altered state of mind. WHen you are dealing with brain chemical secretians that are directly related to how we feel and think about ourselves. Our hypothylamus is like our computer that links what we THINK about ourselves and produces that into our body... in other words this is the devils target area.. if he can get us in a depressed by our thought life our seratonin will be lowered and whala.. we have a chemical inbalance... so cutting ourselves brings our secretian of seratonin back up, well we just do what ever brings us the FEEL GOOD about myself again.. They wont tell you that at the doctors office... It is a powerful thing to allow the devil the power to adjust our chemical balance..

That is why the WORD says to "take every thought captive..

Blessings, Karen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hr.jr

same.. you listened to a lie. the devil uses the same tactic on all of us. .. an altered state of consciencness.. no different. You were chemically altered...

When you came to your senses you listened to your CONSCIENCE..

One of the main target areas the enemy uses is insecurities. Whether we realize we have them or not we all do in varied degrees. It is through these that we move into bondages looking for a secure area that we have some kind or control (real or imagined)

To say that you were walking in bliss is a slight misconception. Maybe you haven't submitted this area to the Lord and asked Him why you indulged in the drug arena??

Blessings, Karen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

bump

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Cutting is an addiction. I am a recovering cutter. 2 months since my last episode of cutting. Before that it was 14 yrs. Most cutters are depressed. Some looking for a release from emotional pain they cannot express or deal with. Some feel so numb they wat the pain to know they can still feel. Ummm for a better understanding Plumb has put out a song called "CUT" It is on the 'Chatoic Resolve" album. Explains cutting quite well really. If you have any questions message me. I know many other cutters as well. Oh and I had my last episode at 29...not reserved for teens only. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Vicera Cinegras
I have a niece who has a 12 yr. old daughter who recently cut her arm many, many times. She is a product of a divorce since a small child. She listens to wrong music and reads about witches. She dresses in black and paints her nails black and wears very dark lipstick and is into Gothic. How can we approach her to get her out of this direction?

Thanks.

Pam

Didnt read the whole thread...saw the second post and I would say don't follow that advice....use love...show love, and only love and happiness....this is the best tool...never lie to her....never ever trick her or decieve her....Love her....be there for her....and don't butt in too much.

Guest Mellainius

What I wish to know is if this is a chronic disease. I do know that Satan tries to take us down while he himself is already defeated and that this is a mental disorder. But can this be an example of bondage? If you mutilate yourself enough times, it could probably turn into addiction.

P.S I wish to know this because at my High School, I am one of the only Christians there. I have been trying to explain a few things to my friends, who are not saved. I do not force the Word on them, but I answer when they ask questions about Christianity.

And also, are there any Scriptures related to this 'Cutting' that so many people do? Sorry if there are a lot of questions.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/09/1959

A person who cuts themselves really does not love who they are! It is a form of self hatred and punishment for them. Love them and show them who they are in Christ and how much the Lord loves them.

I have a niece who has a 12 yr. old daughter who recently cut her arm many, many times. She is a product of a divorce since a small child. She listens to wrong music and reads about witches. She dresses in black and paints her nails black and wears very dark lipstick and is into Gothic. How can we approach her to get her out of this direction?

Thanks.

Pam

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/08/1987

I beg to differ on self-hatred; that's ONE of the reasons why people cut, however it may not be her reason.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/08/1987

That's usually the main reason behind cutting but like I said; there are many reasons.