IGNORED

The Moon

Guest catscradle777

Guest catscradle777

Blessings All,

My Bible study friend called last night to tell me about her dream.

She and her grandson were out looking at the night ski(we do thet alot hear in the SW)--

The star's were bright--a full moon--howerver--the moon was dull--NOT like it should be,

they ran to the other side of there house--SW side and as she was looking hard at the moon---

it SLOWLY opened up --- like an eye---looking straight at them---as it opened--she could clearly

see the eye --- the light around it got brighter and brighter-- then she woke up with a start !!

She has had these kinds of dreams alot----

Thanks for Your Input.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

I think the problem is that some people, when they have a dream, assume this is some special revelation from God. I see no reason for anyone to assume that. I really think the best thing is to burst someone's bubble if they really are claiming some new revelation from God in their dreams. Not really exciting I guess but the truth often isn't.

sw

quote:

Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days (saith God) I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams."

From Old Testament times, to the Christian Church, God has used visions and dreams to speak to his people, and there is no indication he has ceased to operate in that manner. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

SW:

Well if I believed those revelations continued on today I would just not worry so much about what God's Word says and spend more time watching all of those "revelations" on TBN and hear about the mysterious woman in the red dress out in TV land that Benny Hinn is healing of the headache.

quote:

So am I understanding you right, that it is your opinion that God no longer speaks to individuals outside of scripture today? Does that mean in all cases? If a man claims God called him to preach or to the mission field, would you believe it was God, or just a figment of his imagination?

SW:

The duty of those who hold the office of pastor by God's call through the prayerful summons ("call") of the church is to preach the Gospel and administer the sacraments in the church and to supervise the flock committed to their cared.

God's calling is not only made through the church but it is confirmed there likewise. We see many false ministers today who claim to have direct "calling" from God. We even see many women who make the same claim yet we know the Bible specifically disqualifies women from that office. The call to ministry does not come to us through some dream Butero.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

God does speak in visions and dreams and prophecies...however...we should compare all of them to scripture. If just one part is away from scripture, then we should disreguard the entire message. To write off all visions simply because many abuse this is not wise. We should compare the viisons to scripture.

As for this dream, I will say at this point that I think it is nothing more than brain cells creating activity whilst a person is in the subconscience bliss. :24:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Blessings All,

My Bible study friend called last night to tell me about her dream.

She and her grandson were out looking at the night ski(we do thet alot hear in the SW)--

The star's were bright--a full moon--howerver--the moon was dull--NOT like it should be,

they ran to the other side of there house--SW side and as she was looking hard at the moon---

it SLOWLY opened up --- like an eye---looking straight at them---as it opened--she could clearly

see the eye --- the light around it got brighter and brighter-- then she woke up with a start !!

She has had these kinds of dreams alot----

Thanks for Your Input.

The moon reflects light from the sun. The moon is likened to the Church, we reflect 'light' from Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:18

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

The fact that the moon was dull is that it is not reflecting the light as it should. Something is wrong here in that the Church is not being Christ-like. Your friend looked hard at the moon and then it slowly opened up. As it opened she could see the eye looking straight at them and the light around it got brighter and brighter. This is the opening of our spiritual eyes. When the moon's eye opened it became brighter and brighter...thus being what it should be as opposed to what it shouldn't -dull.

We need to look hard within the Church because there are problems, it is not a pattern and reflection of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Church needs to open up its spiritual eyes that it may become brighter and brighter. The Church needs to reflect Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Gee whiz, if dreams & visions were all wholly acceptable today, one would have to re-write the Holy Bible! Any person's dream or statement MUST COINCIDE with God's settled & authoritative Word of Truth as Jude reminds us in Jude One. The Word has been delivered to the saints (Greek) "once for all time!" My hope for time & eternity doesn't depend on somebody's dream or vision at midnight but only on the completed & reliable Word of God.

But nevertheless, God bless New Mexico!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

We must be very careful when it comes to visions and the interpretation of visions. We must keep in mind that the Bible is finished, and tells us everything we need to know from now until eternity. This is not to say that God does not work miracles or speak through visions today.

The key truth is that whether it is a dream, vision, "still small voice" etc., it will agree completely with what He has already revealed in His Word. Visions cannot be greater authority than the Word of God either.

This would place the vision into the place of authority rather than Scripture. If you believe you have had a vision and feel that perhaps God gave it to you, prayerfully examine the Word of God and make sure your vision is in agreement with Scripture. If so, prayerfully consider what God would have you do in response to your dream (James 1:5).

It does not make sense that God would give a vision to a person but keep the meaning of the vision hidden. In Scripture, whenever a person asked God for the meaning of a vision, God explained it to the person (see Daniel 8:15-17).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Jhn/Jhn016.html#1

Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Jhn 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Jhn 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Jhn 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Jhn 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Jhn 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Jhn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jhn 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

Jhn 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Gee whiz, if dreams & visions were all wholly acceptable today, one would have to re-write the Holy Bible! Any person's dream or statement MUST COINCIDE with God's settled & authoritative Word of Truth as Jude reminds us in Jude One. The Word has been delivered to the saints (Greek) "once for all time!" My hope for time & eternity doesn't depend on somebody's dream or vision at midnight but only on the completed & reliable Word of God.

But nevertheless, God bless New Mexico!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

You don't accept the dream or vision but the meaning if it has one or one has provided it (interpretation). Nothing can change or re-write scripture...rather we use scripture to prove these dreams/visions and their interpretations. Such a thinking that if dreams and visions were acceptable today that one would have to re-write the Holy Bible is wrong thinking. God does use dreams and visions today as He has in the past. You aren't aware of the gravity of which you speak.

I understand how you feel. I had a feeling this would be conjured up when I replied to this dream. This interpretation is just a maybe...not a strong definite one like the visions from Swarna Jha.

People have dreams all the time but only once in a while do they feel the need to share it. I think that usually there is a perceivable meaning in these cases, secular or not. I believe in this dream there is one for the Church. Otherwise I would not have shared an interpretation.