• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/05/1947

There are a number of Scriptures which address this issue and many have been quoted by others so we will not necessarily refer to them, what we need understand is where we are in God's time frame and what we, as Christians, are to expect

Sadly, many who profess Christianity are not overly interested in Scripture and partake of a third party religion where all the Spiritual work is done for them by their priests, pastors, etc.

This is a dangerous position to be in as, we need remember, it was the religious leaders of the day when the Lord first came, who denied, rejected and crucified Him

Heb.13:8 "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever" also Mal.3:1"For I am the LORD, I change not" imply that as it was with His first coming, so will it be with His second

Satan deceived the world in exactly the same manner he deceived Eve in the beginning, by CHANGING THE WORD

Today we have over 2,000 denominations who all interpret the Word differently and we need ensure that what we are getting is SHEEP food, not goats weeds

We are responsible and will answer to GOD for our Spiritual walk

The Lord Jesus, in Luke 21:20-32, tells us the signs we need observe to know where we are When Israel is back in her homeland, a nation again after over 2,000 years of nationlessness, surrounded by her enemies; when the times of the gentiles is run out, the generation that observes these things come to pass will see the fulfillment of all things

Israel became a nation again, after over 2,000 years of homelessness, in 1948

Thus we can easily determine how late we are in the progression of GOD'S revelation of Himself

In Jn.14:17 the Lord talks of the Spirit of TRUTH Whom the world cannot receive, Mat.7:13-23 points out that many will come professing to know Him, and to have done many wonderful works in His name, but are yet cast out

Obviously these people were deceived

Mat.24:4-27 also exposes that many people will be deceived on the Word

Heathens will not be deceived, they are not in the slightest bit interested in Christianity nor GOD, so it must be 'church' people He's talking about

How does Satan deceive the people?

By adding to the Word, taking from the Word, personally interpreting It, contrary to 2 Pet.1:20

Sadly Scripture implies it will again be the religious leaders of this day who will "crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh" Heb.6:6 and we need "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling"Phil.2:12

The answer to the question is that Satan, through his children, his servants, will attempt to deceive God's children ON THE WORD and that is why we need encourage each other, build each other up in the FAITH once delivered to the saints, and avoid un-edfying, purile debates over genealogies, etc.

This is not meant to offend, nor to condemn or cause contention, but, as with all writings, to encourage the reader to search the Scripture as it is far later than most are willing to admit

This is the age where ""Even him who's coming is after after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish, BECAUSE THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might be saved, and for this cause GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION THAT THEY SHOULD BELIEVE THE LIE" 2 Thess 2:9-11 is fulfilled; we encourage the reader to study the whole chapter to get things in context

Search the Scriptures, make sure you know He Whom you are worshipping, this is the age where men will worship the devil believing they are worshipping GOD Rev.13

This is the deception, where Satan works to deceive GOD'S bride just as he did Adam's in the beginning

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

Any ideas how this could be?

BB613

Yes....By disguising himself as Wisdom. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom. Men want wisdom but they dont want God. Satan offers a wisdom withOUT God.

Only the WAY he offers it is through ANY other avenue APART from "The Fear of God." Satans greatest weapon is deception...The nature of deception is that you do NOT KNOW it is happening to you..If you DID..You wouldnt be being deceived. He disguises death as "Life".....He disguises Heroin as pick me up and alcohol as a sanctuary. He disguises Love as Lust and adultery as a harmless bit of fun.(Providing youre clever enough not to get caught) He MUST disguise Sin as something attractive, enticing and alluring....You see if he didnt, then sin would be exposed for what it truly IS...DEATH disguised as Life. If sin knocked on your door and revealed itself for what it truly IS, you would NOT entertain it for a single second....If heroin introduced itself to you and said, "Hi, my name is Heroin. If you take one hit of me, you will soon find everything in your life falling apart. Im going to rot your brain so you cant think anymore, destroy every loving relationship you have and leave you penniless and desperate enough to commit crime to feed your addiction. Add to that, I will even destroy your life as well as your body....." How many would say "YES sure come on in." You see heroin itself is not the problem.

The problem is man feeling the need to take it. He is empty and he is desperate and he wants to fill a void in his life.

Just as simply as heroin destroys, so too does materialism....You dont have to get hooked on drugs or alcohol alone to have been deceived. YOu can also be deceived into thinking that great wealth will fill that void, so your addiction becomes "THINGS, MONEY and POWER." Far and away though satan's most successful strategy is the Lie that a man is "good". Satan offers the lie that you can be "good" withOUT God. We live in a world that glorifies satan and represses God..How is this possible...???????

It is simple....We call "Good" that which God calls EVIL...We call "Righteous, that which God calls SIN....We busily go about our lives encompassed with the Lie that no matter what we DO, we are still too "Good" to be damned.

The World is deceived simply because it would rather believe the Lie than the Truth.

People, you need to be aware that the "Whole World" also includes Christians. Deception is NOT beyond the followers of Christ either. There are many who believe they are serving and worshipping the Lord, but they are NOT..!! Deception is not beyond "Even the Elect".

When scripture tells us that "God so Loved the World" he meant the Whole World.......Just as Satan has deceived the "WHOLE WORLD."

Jesus said, "my sheep will know my voice and the voice of the stranger he will not follow." You need to know the voice of the true shepherd so that even amongst all the lies that you hear, there is only voice you will follow.........Jesus used this statement to shut down any argument possible against him....Sheep KNOW who their shepherd IS. They will follow NO ONE ELSE. When YOU hear the voice of the True Shepherd, YOU will not be able to follow anyone else because you will KNOW that only HE has the words of eternal life. If there is only truly ONE path to God, then look for the MOST persecuted path. The devil will happily let you walk any OTHER path...Every other path has its foundation in your OWN goodness.....The Path that Jesus made for you has its foundation in GODS goodness. "For there is NONE who is good, no not ONE. ALL Have fallen short of the glory of God." Since the beginning of the World, Jesus has been the Lamb who was slain, and he still IS. The only acceptable sacrifice to God for OUR sins. Our offering is like Cain's. Unacceptable to God. So nothing has changed.....Cain is still out there killing Abel. The UNgodly are still out there killing the godly.

The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a Liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, Gods Love is truly made complete in him. This is how we KNOW we are in HIM.. Whoever claims to Live "IN HIM", must walk as Jesus did. (1 John 2:4,6)

Regards,

Ben.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139

Any ideas how this could be?

BB613

I don't understand the relevance of this question. Was it in relation to anything?

How does advertising work? Well that's how Satan deceives people.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139

Teh weird thing is, Adam wasn't even deceived, he knew what he was doing was wrong, and he did it anyway...

I absolutely agree that Adam knew he was disobedient ..

I had never considered that Adam who walked with God from the beginning would have had such and evil evil heart he would choose to plunge all mankind after him into such deprivation....knowing the whole of the consequences ....

I don't feel so good......I never thought of this before...oh my gosh... :24:

Is this true...

I know that I am capable of such but for some reason I never considered Adam to be as evil as man is now...

Huummmmm :24:

I have had to learn by experience that there were consequences and in learning found out the fullness of the consequences..

Did you ever tell a kid to not do something? Like they're climbing on the table and you say "Stop, you're going to hurt yourself" but you don't stop them, and then they get hurt. Well it's the same thing. Are kids evil? Well, no, they just didn't know what would happen, but after hurting themselves they're probably not going to do the same thing again (ok well sure they'll probably do it again unless they got hurt really really bad, but it wouldn't be for a while.) Adam didn't know what would happen, god said he would die but how could Adam know what that would be like? How would Adam know he's going to ruin things for humanity?

He will be able to deceive the whole world because he has been given the power to do so.

We have corruption in the translations of the scriptures that are appalling and yet people trust them. The NIV has 64,576 words missing and 17 complete verses taken out and still they read it.

They will turn from the truth.

Lord have mercy,

Huw.

Really....? I have an NIV study bible and I did not know that...

I do have a question though...Do we not trust God to be able to reveal his word to us UNpolluted and UNtainted...? Seriously, which bible is one we CAN trust implicitly......How can we truly know the UNcorrupted Word of God if it indeed has BECOME corrupted.

I think you will agree that a true follower of Christ really does desire to know that he IS following Christ.

Are you saying that there is now no real way of knowing the truth as ALL has been corrupted..?

I'm really serious about this...We all need to know which version carries the UNtainted Truth of Gods Word...

I have never considered myself Less of a believer or being in Less of an relationship with God due to the fact my bible is the NIV Study bible.

Is it possible that I AM...?

Regards,

Ben.

Greetings redeemed,

I have never considered myself Less of a believer or being in Less of an relationship with God due to the fact my bible is the NIV Study bible.

No your not!

What is true is that you shall be led into all truth; this implies you shall be led away from error.

For two years after my conversion I read the NIV, but began to notice that something

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  99
  • Birthday:  02/05/1947

Teh weird thing is, Adam wasn't even deceived, he knew what he was doing was wrong, and he did it anyway...

I absolutely agree that Adam knew he was disobedient ..

I had never considered that Adam who walked with God from the beginning would have had such and evil evil heart he would choose to plunge all mankind after him into such deprivation....knowing the whole of the consequences ....

I don't feel so good......I never thought of this before...oh my gosh... :)

Is this true...

I know that I am capable of such but for some reason I never considered Adam to be as evil as man is now...

Huummmmm :wub:

I have had to learn by experience that there were consequences and in learning found out the fullness of the consequences..

Did you ever tell a kid to not do something? Like they're climbing on the table and you say "Stop, you're going to hurt yourself" but you don't stop them, and then they get hurt. Well it's the same thing. Are kids evil? Well, no, they just didn't know what would happen, but after hurting themselves they're probably not going to do the same thing again (ok well sure they'll probably do it again unless they got hurt really really bad, but it wouldn't be for a while.) Adam didn't know what would happen, god said he would die but how could Adam know what that would be like? How would Adam know he's going to ruin things for humanity?

Yes, Scripture shows Adam was NOT deceived, he sinned wilfully, knowing, that by his disobedience he was bringing death upon Eve, himself and all their descendants

What we need remember though is Adam knew, unless he partook of the forbidden fruit, God would kill Eve, for her disobedience

The only way he could prevent this was to accept her sin on himself, become an intercessor, because she was a part of him, and he loved her.

Because Eve was part of Adam, GOD could not kill her unless He killed Adam too

This is the type set up whereby we see the last ADAM, Jesus Christ, accept our sin upon Himself, that He through His death, His sacrifice, could save His bride from death, which is eternal seperation from GOD

It's pretty simple really

Praise the Lord

He will be able to deceive the whole world because he has been given the power to do so.

We have corruption in the translations of the scriptures that are appalling and yet people trust them. The NIV has 64,576 words missing and 17 complete verses taken out and still they read it.

They will turn from the truth.

Lord have mercy,

Huw.

Ah Yes, the KJV only crowd can't resist rearing their ugly head and spreading their lies and inaccuracies. Don't believe any of it. To listen to them no one can be saved that doesn't read the 1611 KJV, which would include German, French, Spanish, Latin, etc versions AND ANY person born before the 1611 version was released. It's ALL BUNK. YES, by all means, DO some REAL research into how the different translations came about and why there seem to be differences and let the KJV Only crowd continue to decieve themselves, but don't let them mislead you. None of their arguments are valid, NOT ONE!!!

In fact, it's in Satan's best interest to keep people from reading newer versions that they can actually understand and get involved in reading, since the King James (especially the older variations, like the 1611) confuse people and keep them from reading and discovering God's Truth.

And yes, my friends, there are valid reasons for the supposed 'missing verses' and 'missing words', it's because they don't show up the the manuscripts that the NIV translators used, because the OLDER manuscripts didn't have them at all. There are many passages (Mark 16:9-20 and 1 John 5:7, & 8, for instance, which don't show up in ANY manuscripts before the 16th Century, so are excluded from the NIV -BUT ARE NOTED and included as reference notes).

THIS argument is old and worn out, leave it at home. If you must deceive yourself that only King James could make a true translation, then believe it all you want, but leave your hate and divisiveness at home and quit clouding the issue. Yes, there are indeed some bad translations out there (as far as I'm concerned and by the rules the the KJV only crowd uses to judge other translations, the KJV is one of them, it can't pass the tests the KJV Only crowd applies to other translations either) We are to Worship GOD, not a leather bound-paper and ink IDOL!!!

Give it a rest, or better yet, give it a proper burial, it's way past time for it to die and way past time to stop the lies, deceit and inaccurate claims

GOD IS MORE POWERFUL THAN SATAN and wants ALL PEOPLE to get to know him, It's much more logical that He would inspire New Translations that Speak to people in language the is live to them than some confusing dead archaic dialect that they cannot understand or get involved in reading.

Greetings redeemed,

No your not!

What is true is that you shall be led into all truth; this implies you shall be led away from error.

For two years after my conversion I read the NIV, but began to notice that something

Greetings redeemed,

No your not!