Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I certainly agree that the "whole world lies in the wicked one." We fell, of course, in the first instance in our first parents. But we ourselves also came across as popinjays, conceited, self-righteous and quite able to make it without the guiding & redeeming hand of God. Man today NATURALLY turns to evil, to sin and to self-righteousness. Uninterrupted by conscience, rectitude or spiritual logic, we stagger all over the place. The human motto today appears to be: One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, Floor! For unregenerate humanity - unless it turns to Jesus Christ - it's just about game, set, match, yes?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1949

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Satan disguised himself as an angel of light and so does his ministers. Much if not most of the church which should be well versed in Satan's tactics are falling hook line and sinker for every heresey the comes down the pike.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Things will get so bad that Jesus asked this question.

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

No man should be above rebuke or correction but I am amazed at how many people are shocked when their favorite televangelist or a person with a popular ministry is even questioned.

If Peter was not above rebuke or critisism where does that leave the rest of us?

Matthew 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Matthew 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Today there are men that are "untouchable" by many in the church.

If there name is even associated with error the one pointing it out is called "unloving, judgemental, or holier than thou".

No wonder Satan has free reign in this world. Where are the watchmen?

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Jam 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Jam 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jam 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

The way I see it...if there is something in my heart that desires something God does not want for me I am susceptible to being deceived because that which I want most is what I will go for...

That is why I have to Love the Lord first and foremost.... :wub:

Phi 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Phi 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Phi 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Let he who exhalts himself be humbled and he who humbles himself be exhalted. Just as light shows brighter in the darkness, so too does Gods' strength show through our own weaknesses. It is by our submission to God and our receiving of his His son Jesus as our savior that our salvation is assured. I am reminded of the movie "never ending story" where the boy stood infront of the mirror. He was told that when most men are confronted with their true selves most run away screaming. Brave men find that they are cowards, good men find that they are evil. There are those among us that favor what is viewed as Chrisitian "pride" which for any believer is an oxymoron. You cannot be humble and proud at the same time. When we aproach non-believers with pride in our hearts we devalue the very gift we come to proclaim. Imagine the results if we were to present this gift as though we were but mere servants.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

I find it terribly interesting how many unbelievers like to point to what the serpent said to Eve in regards to God not wanting them to see as he sees.

They also like to point out how God Lied because they were supposed to die and yet did not. The unbeliever likes to take satans side on the issues in the garden of Eden. Yet not ONCE did the serpent deny that God Exists. Not ONCE did the serpent say, "There IS no God."

How is the world so easily deceived by satan...???

It is quite easy to see. Exactly the same way as Adam and Eve were deceived. They did not know that the serpent was satan. Satans greatest deception is his ploy to convince the whole world that he never existed. That is why God gets the blame for everything.....Please note that whenever there is a natural disaster, the insurance companies will call it an act of God so they dont have to pay the repair bill. The world will call it "Mother Nature", but no one calls it an act of satan.

Of course NOT, it cant be satan, satan doesnt exist.....Funny isnt it.....?? The one thing satan never denies ever is that there is a God.

Ask yourself seriously now....Why dont you use satans name in vain..? Yet you have no issue with using the Lords name in vain. You are more eager to defend satan even when you claim that you DONT believe. WHY...???? Satan doesnt tell you that youre a sinner who needs to repent...He will tell you that its OK to do what you like, just so long as youre not hurting anyone. He will leave you deceived into thinking that you are too "good" to be damned.

If only that were true...!!! To call God a Liar, is to call satan a teller of Truth. What you havent yet grasped is that satans Lie is completely and totally dependent on Gods Truth for his power to deceive to be successful. The Lie is a corruption of Truth to begin with. There simply HAS to BE a Truth for the Lie to work.

"Has God REALLY said..??" YES....You better believe he HAS...Why else would satan ask the question to begin with....???? Because he absolutely KNOWS what God has said..

God has absolutely said these words too...."Unless a man repents, he shall perish.." Why ??, you may ask.."The wages of sin is death." Thats why.

If you are a sinner, you can be saved.....If you are NOT a sinner then you can't.

Jesus own words, "I came NOT for those who are righteous, but for the sinner. It is the sick who need a doctor, not those who are well."

If you dont think that you've got a problem, then youve got the biggest problem of them all. You have been fooled by the devil into believing that you are too good to be damned.

Regards,

Ben.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Ben, what an awesome word, brother...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I trust God that He is able to preserve His Word as He always has. Yes, people try to change it, but its changed form has no power, life.

We need to counteract this by knowing what the true Word says, as our priority. WE, then, are armed and dangerous to Satan's kingdom.

Memory work, folks!

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Teh weird thing is, Adam wasn't even deceived, he knew what he was doing was wrong, and he did it anyway...

I absolutely agree that Adam knew he was disobedient ..

I had never considered that Adam who walked with God from the beginning would have had such and evil evil heart he would choose to plunge all mankind after him into such deprivation....knowing the whole of the consequences ....

I don't feel so good......I never thought of this before...oh my gosh... :b:

Is this true...

I know that I am capable of such but for some reason I never considered Adam to be as evil as man is now...

Huummmmm :noidea:

I have had to learn by experience that there were consequences and in learning found out the fullness of the consequences..

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

{these are a few of the Scriptures that I have been taught about - one way to think about this is that the TRUE GOD will/may not only allow the Deception but force the Deception on some}

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Dan/Dan007.html#1

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/2Th/2Th002.html#1

2Th 2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Rev/Rev013.html#1

Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months.

Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.