Openly Curious

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

In Joel 2:18-27 you can read of all the blessings of repentance and turning back to God with our whole hearts will bring in our lives as God said that he'd give them both the "former" rain and also the "latter" rain and their floors would be full of wheat instead of empty because of the curses of disobedience.

God said their vats would overflow with wine and oil and he'd restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten the cankerworm the caterpillar and the palmer worm which God sent these among them because of their disobedience back in Joel chapter one as the prophet was looking back into Israel's past to show them these things trying to get them to reflect back.

If they would repent then all the blessings of obedience would come back into their lives and they'd eat in plenty and be satisfied and give praise to God because he would deal wonderfully with them and they wouldn't be ashamed. But if not then worse destruction was up ahead but Judah didn't repent and you should know by now they were carried off into Babylonian captivity.

Now in between the past and future to come God has sent his son into the world as salvation has come to the Gentiles nations and God has poured out His Spirit it talks about in Joel 2:28-29 on the day of pentecost as this prophesy was fulfilled at that time.

There's "not" going to be a future outpouring of God's Spirit as some teach there will be. The reason why not is because it has already happened on the day of pentecost this prophesy was fulfilled. all one has to do now is lift up their cup and let Him fill it up as this promise of the Spirit (John 14) is for whoever is in need of it........

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is between the past and the distant near future that God is restoring lives of all those who will come to repentance as the blessings of God will come into their lives as God will restore the years the locusts the cankerworm the caterpillar and palmer worm hath eaten and destroyed in our lives because of sins.

Now the next event that is to happen is the coming day of the Lord in Joel 2:30-31 and everyone who is going to be saved has to do it now before the coming day of the Lord when time will be up and no restoration given and it's only those who call on the name of the Lord that will be delivered. whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

In Joel chapter 3 which I will only briefly comment on you can read how all the nations as I've already talked about in Revelation are going to be gathered together and be caught in the great wine press of God as the end times angels will thrust in there sickle for the harvest of the earth is come as it says in Joel 3:13

And I want to close my study out here with this scripture that says,

Joel 3:14-15

"Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. The sun and moon shall be darkened and the stars shall withdraw their shinning."

Right now we are all in this valley of decision whether we are a Christian or a non believer everyone alive on this earth right now in in this valley of decision. We are literally in between the past and the distant and very near future when the Lord will soon return and this world will enter into the terrible tribulation period where we saw that the sun and moon would be darkened and the stars will withdraw their shinning.

the day of the Lord is near and in this hour in which we live so many myself included as Joel the prophet has said "multitudes multitudes in this valley of decision and they are unprepared they are not making the right decisions in their lives as many are choosing the eat drink and be merry lifestyle instead of choosing God. Many are choosing mammon (money, materialism) over God.

There are many many many decisions that are being made within this valley of decision we are all in. But they are not decisions that will prepare one's life for eternity and for the day of the Lord when the sun and moon will be darkened as I've tried to show us through the pages of God's word into the future that is up ahead.

There are those in church and out of church who are making bad decisions in this late hour in which we are living in, Even our nations leaders are making bad decisions within this valley of decision. and every one that is living both saved and unsaved have serious choices to make in this valley as we are in between the past and the future..........

And their is still a cry going forth in this valley that the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. We are told in the word that we are to herald this message of His coming in our day to warn and sound the trumpet so those that will prepare can prepare against the coming day of destruction that is recorded in and throughout God's word.

I have to remind myself to shock my soul into this reality sometimes as I know preparation time is just about almost over in this valley of decision. And just because one is in church doesn't mean you are prepared as those that are without don't be fooled in this regards. You don't want to meet up with that hideous looking army of locust that will come up out of the bottomless pit as they march across the whole earth and nothing shall escape them. I know I sure don't so please pray for me as I only want to make good choices while i'm dwelling in this valley of decision making preparation for my eternal home.

Blessings to all

OC

thoughts or comments welcome

OC

My commentary in my NIV Study Bible says this of Amos 5:18: "day of the LORD. The time when God will show himself the victor over the world, vindicating his claims to be the Lord over all the earth. Israel expected to be exalted as his people and longed for that day to come. Amos warned that the day would come, but not as Israel expected - it would be a day of "darkness, not light" for her, because she had not been faithful to God. Amos speaks primarily of an imminent and decisive judgment on Israel, not exclusively of the last day."

Much of Joel's prophecy deals with the "Day of the Lord," which will be a day of judgment upon the earth. The day of judgment will be Daniel's 70th Week or the Tribulation.

I, personally, believe this can apply to America, of whom so many believers are longing for the "rapture" of the Church. Perhaps what they are expecting to come will not come as they expected. Perhaps there is an "imminent and decisive judgment" coming to America that is not exclusive to the last day, but will preceed the last day of the final judgment of God and will preceed the second coming of Christ.

I don't think so for a number of reasons. This is the Age or Dispensation of Grace. G-d is not meting out judgment at this time, beyond the reaping and sowing for the consequences of sin. While believers of good faith can discuss the "when" of the rapture, it seems clear to me the Church has no place on earth during a time of judgment for the simple reason she has already been judged in Christ Jesus; there is no need for believers to be judged (in that way). This does not mean we are perfect, but we are made righteous in Christ. The only judgment a believer will face will be a judgment for rewards.

So, in longing for the "day of the Lord," we must be warned that it is not going to come to us as we expect - raptured to heaven to be with our Lord, but rather it is going to come as a day of "darkness, not light," as an "imminent and decisive judgment." We are going to get this judgment of God, because of our unfaithfulness to God, i.e. we are "lukewarm" or have "lost our first love." Basically, the Church is apostate - it is living in adultery and is following after other gods - the gods of our stomachs; the gods we have made with our own hands, etc.

I dont know what church you belong to, but if you belong to an apostate church, my advice to get out of it. As for me, I am part of the Church of G-d, that, while is far from perfect, it is called and redeemed and re-created and bought by the Blood of Jesus. The Laodician church was the lukewarm church, if I read my Revelation correctly. I know the Church is not a shining example of exactly what G-d has in mind for it, but we have been saved, sanctified and set free by the finished Work of Christ on the Cross. Again I say, believers have no fear of judgment and the "rapture" is the blessed hope of the Church; we have been found worthy to escape the wrath to come, not because we are so good, but because Christ is.

Thanks big sister

:24:

OC

Guest jckduboise

OC, I have to say this is the best I have yet to read about the coming of the Lord, here at Worthy. I have tried so hard not to pound my fists at people at what I know to be just around the corner and yet it is all I can do to contain the urgency that the Lord has prompted through my blood.

I see hundreds daily who are simply not prepared to deal with the truth and it saddens me to no extent. All I can do is continue on the path that the Lord has taken me and keep myself as prepared as possible. It is a difficult road but it is one I am not willing to forsake.

He spoke to me..people do not want to believe it but He did. He said "prepare yourself" there was no mistaking His meaning.

The days ahead are not full of brightness for many and as I watch the world go about their business not even considering what is in store, I can only imagine the shock and terror that many will experience as this world begins to literally unfold.

I want to thank you for taking your entire day in obedience to the Lord and putting everything you had into making sure that there was no stone unturned in the message He asked you to convey.

The church is in trouble, "Christians" are in trouble. This idea that once saved always saved is the ticket to damnation if there is no effort of repentance and humility. God hates pride and He hates hypocricy. He hates that which has turned people to others "gods" and those who do not turn from this WILL perish..it is written in Revelation. All through Revelation.

The world is turning inside out and I can almost here on that final day when God says as Jesus did right before He died on the cross "it is Done"

The doors ARE closing and once they are closed there will be no more opening.

God Bless you OC for stepping out and writing this and puting aside your shyness to be obedient to the Lord God Almighty.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

He said "prepare yourself" there was no mistaking His meaning.

Jackie, in all fairness, we are told in the Bible to be prepared, so that's nothing new. Not being nasty, but saying that He said "prepare yourself" is not exactly prophecy, IMO, but would better be said, if this is what He has said to you, a word from Him or something of that nature.

Guest jckduboise

Ronald, I know that it is said in the bible and I wasn't reading the bible when He said it to me. I was driving to work 9/11 and that is when He spoke it to me. I didn't say it was prophesy. I said I heard from Him and with those words I knew that we were nearing the end.

What is the problem with stating this and sharing in what has been revealed to me since then? There was no claim to prophesy..there is however that bit of a hint that you don't believe that God speaks to people. No, I'm not going to change how I word what the Lord SAYS to me.

Does He not speak to you?

Thank you jckduboise and Ronald for your comments and especially your kindness of spirit jckduboise.

For God does still speak to His people today and it is always through His Word. I would just like to say that the Word of God is the more "Sure" word of "Prophecy" and when anyone studies it and then "Speaks" of what the word has to say of things up ahead that is still yet to happen on this earth.

let it be known that they are foretelling of the future events to come in those times of sharing with others, they are conveying the more "Sure" word of "Prophecy" that is yet to be fulfilled from the pages of God's Word in this earth for all has not been fulfilled as of yet but it is for sure not one jot or title shall fail not one. all will come to pass and be fulfilled.

For God has said in His Word that what i "show" you in darkness that "speak" ye upon the housetops. We must faithfully speak forth the "Word of God" boldly to our generation. And those "words" that are "spoken forth" must always be matched with the word of God. for the spirits of the prophets are "subject" unto the prophets.

Meaning one cannot convey things other that what God has revealed already to them in His Holy Word we must study to show ourselves approved of God and get proper interpretation.

For God revealeth His secrets unto the prophets. That is why the spirits of the prophets are subject unto the prophets for others judge what is being said to the Word and they have to match each other.

Jesus said that you have many teachers but only one Master and we know that Master Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. The daystar that shines in our dark world. Stick to the Word and speak that which God gives unto you.

blessings

OC