Guest jettd1313

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

so, you are saying that unequally yoked marriages are ok????

if you have gotten anything from this thread, that when there is a rift between believers ( catholic / protestant ) there is alot of strife, alot of contention, alot of hurt feelings, just in the words used......

how is it that if both are going to keep their " beliefs" that one is not going to be trying to over power the other, tear down the other trying to "convert " their partner to the other side ( so to speak )..... a divided house can not stand.... it will fall.... even the foundation that is between catholic and protestant ( in this thread and others that have been run ) seem to be of different material, that does not bond......

if catholic and protestant can not get along, what makes you think that a believer and a non believer will?

if the none believer is willing to live in the life of a believer, but, are they just having lip service, or are they really truely willing to live the life of a believer....... most believers dont even want to live the life.... great on sunday morning, but after church is out, back to the old ways.....

my ex-brother in-law, raised southern baptist, married catholic, neither go to church, neither fellowship, neither are walking in the glory..... both claim belief...... until the marriage, until the children came about, they would go to their respective church, after, they could not agree and then stopped.......

how many times have you seen a man and woman that married, had kids, and only one went to church..... the kids will start wanting to stay home with the other parent....

and the stay at home parent will be a better influence on the child then the one that goes to church.... why???

cause is undermining the authority of the parent that wants the kid to be in church, and telling that parent that oh, come on, its ok, only one week.... only one time....

satan is good with that..... Ahhhh Come on now, this stuff isnt addicting, just one time wont hurt..... BULLONEY.... one time can kill you.... drugs, sex, sin of all sorts.... lies, deceit, twisting of the Word, changing the meaning, replacing God with man (or woman)..........

from what I see here on this thread, what i have seen in person, what i have experienced thru-out life, I do not believe this marriage ( catholic / protestant ) would be conducive to proper growth in the Lord..... there would be a missing link in their bond with each other, a major part of their lives together would be missing....

mike

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Mike Irish:

Just what part of "Do not be unequally yoked with UNBELIEVERS" don't you understand?

My 'interfaith' marriage between me (a BELIEVING Protestant) and my wife (a BELIEVING Roman Catholic) has gone just fine for the last 18 years...There has been NONE of the strife and conflict you allege should be present in such relationships.

The only conflict I have seen in this thread is from people who haven't the foggiest clue what they are talking about speaking as if they are authorities...

Or people making up stories about what Catholics supposedly believe and teach when Catholics don't believe or teach such things at all.

Even after provided link after link to official Catholic teaching, some here continue to prove their own ignorance by insisting their myths are the truth...

Not much more that can be done with folks who wish to be willingly ignorant but ignore them... :t:

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

YOU ARE GETTING NASTY HOME BILD REALLY IS THAT OF GOD.......... I H ARDLY THINK SO. IS SEEMS AS U WANT TO AN ARGUEMENT BUT I WILL JUST GIVE U SCRIPTURES ABOUT WHAT U SHOULD DO.

LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Eph 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Eph 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with [his] hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

ONE MORE THING IS JESUS CHRIST YOUR SAAVIOUR .??/

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Hey home...........she was thrown out for marrying a Baptist. The priest told her if she married him she was never to return to the Catholic church. She is not confused and you have no idea what individual churches have done in their past. You were very rude in your last post. I am telling you what she and her parents (who still are members of the Catholic Church the same church as excommunicated my mom in fact) have told me. I don't see that you are in any position to say they are lying or making up stories since you were not there to witness the event.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Homebild,

which church do you attend? and which one does your spouse attend? or do you attend both? how about the kids? who is head of the house? who is the spiritual leader of the house?

if there is a difference in beliefs, how can you say that you are equal? one believes this way, one believes that way....... sorry, I was part of the catholic church, and even thou there have been those that say they want to see me return, they do not realize, i am not welcome in the catholic church..... for I have one peticular mark against me.... we are told that if we have sinned, no matter what the sin is, we have sinned..... no matter if a "white lie" or murder, or adultry, or , or , or , or ,......

but there are some that are excommunicated, bannished from the catholic church for a single thing......

is God such a God that He differenciates between the sins we commit????? does he say that the Blood of Jesus does not cover one sin but covers another?????

does DIVORCE keep a person from being a priest, pastor, minister, elder, deacon, or lets say a bishop or cardnal?????? how about lying???? or even the abominable act of homosexuality ?? ( wouldnt that fall under the catagory of adultry?? the same as most list divorce under........ come now..... My God forgave all my sins, not just some, not certain ones, but all of them....

why can not man accept the fact that God forgave them all.......

you can do what you want, you can think what you want.... but from what i have been thru, what i have seen, what i have been informed of by the Lord God, and well, yes, man too, you can keep the catholic church for your self......

and you can keep it to yourself also.....

very respectfully,

mike

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218

No rudeness on my part.

Just the simple truth.

It's obvious folks here don't want to know what the Catholic Church teaches but are content with their own misconceptions and superstitions and myths and even the misuse of scripture to support their error..

Oh well.

I tried.

You were rude in telling me that my mother did not know what happend to her............no one can know what each individual Priest has said to people

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

I did not mean to upset everyone with this issue. It is obviously very volatile. For those of you who have responded in love with a sincere desire to help I thank you and may God continue to give your revelation knowledge about His purpose. I have not made an ultimate decision about how I will proceed but one thing is certain, I will allow myself to be led by the Holy Spirit in whom all truth resides.

Amen Jett,

The Holy Spirit will guide you in all truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

You shouldn't marry her, and she is obviously not a Believer if she wants you to do all of that(I know its not up to me to judge, but its a good guess). As believers we need to be careful to not even get involved romantically with people who are Not Bible Based born again Believers. It can save alot of hurt and pain. If you two get married, since you are protestant, and she is Catholic, it WILL cause alot of conflict in your marriage.

I agree that you should not be married to her..............my husband and I have enough conflict and we attend the same church.......LOL :x: