• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

regardless of what we do judgment IS inevitable..

I agree! I believe we are beyond the point of stopping the judgment of God, so our repentance should not be to defer judgment on the world but rather to insure our own eternal relationship with the Father and to be in a right relationship with him.

Guest jckduboise

I agree! I believe we are beyond the point of stopping the judgment of God, so our repentance should not be to defer judgment on the world but rather to insure our own eternal relationship with the Father and to be in a right relationship with him.

well said and seem to be absolutly right..it is coming and there is no stopping or slowing it down!

Guest jckduboise

All of what you say Butero is right. And if we were in a different time I would even be hopefull of what you say. We have time left, of this I am sure..but I do not feel that there will be any holding off when God is ready to pour out judgement..also there are the fulfillments of the prophecies of Revelation that must come to pass. Of which we are right in the middle of. The signs of the times are too obvious and the world is in the worst chaotic mess it has ever been in.

No, judgement of the nations is on the way. The best we can do at this point is to repent within ourselves so that when the days of destruction hit God is merciful on those of us who do.

well said and seem to be absolutly right..it is coming and there is no stopping or slowing it down!

You may be right about this, but remember that God is a merciful God. He had Jonah pronounce judgement on Ninevah and God had every intention of destroying the city within 40 days, but when the people repented, the city was spared. Also, there are instances where judgement couldn't be stopped, but was delayed, such as when the righteous King Josiah sought the Lord on behalf of Judah. You never know how God would respond if the people in this nation would humble themselves and truly repent. When Ahab walked softly before the Lord and humbled himself, as bad as he was, it got God's attention and he decided not to judge him as harshly as he had intended. Just something to consider.

I think the problem with that is that back in the OT they understood the judgment of God, and they still do in other countries, but not in America. We have been fed this 'grace only' theology for such a long time that honestly we have lost the fear of God. God is grace, certainly, but he is not 'all grace.' He is the same yesterday, today and forever, and he is still a God of justice and mercy.

He's not a doting grandfather who gives us everything we want but requires nothing of us and keeps looking the other way when we continue to keep going our own way. The Bible says that those God loves he rebukes. The letters to the churches in Revelation are great examples of how God is merciful, but he does have a point when he says "enough." I believe he's at that point. But, even his discipline; his judgment is showing his mercy, because he longs to have us in a right relationship with him prior to his return, and he wants to save as many as possible before he returns. So, he has to discipline us to get us to return, because we are not listening.

It's kind of like parents and children. Parents give the rules to the kids, sometimes they give the kids warnings, like 1, 2, 3, etc., but when it is obvious the kids have no intention of obeying, the discipline must come next. There are good rewards if we obey and punishment if we do not obey. What loving parent do you know who would not discipline his child? The problem is that God's children have not been obeying him for a very long time, and they are not listening to the warnings of his messengers, because they just don't think God will do it. So, I just don't see revival happening without God shaking things.

All of what you say Butero is right. And if we were in a different time I would even be hopefull of what you say. We have time left, of this I am sure..but I do not feel that there will be any holding off when God is ready to pour out judgement..also there are the fulfillments of the prophecies of Revelation that must come to pass. Of which we are right in the middle of. The signs of the times are too obvious and the world is in the worst chaotic mess it has ever been in.

No, judgement of the nations is on the way. The best we can do at this point is to repent within ourselves so that when the days of destruction hit God is merciful on those of us who do.

:blink:

Guest jckduboise
I believe you are right about this Sue. Even under my best case scenerio, this nation would have to come to a place of repentance, and I don't see that happening. For that reason, I agree that judgement is likely innevitable. Also, I agree with you Jackie that the judgements mentioned in Revelation will occur as scripture says they will and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I am not really in dissagreement with either of you on these points. I just wish the church in this nation would wake up to the fact that God will not continue to tolerate our sinful lifestyles and turn. I am amazed at how people, even posting here at Worthy, believe it is ok to have practicing homosexuals as members in good standing in their church, get divorced and re-married for non-Biblical reasons, fornicate, get abortions, and more recently even promote things like cloning. As time goes on, the condition of the church continues to deteriorate, and so from that standpoint, judgement cannot be far away.

It would be very nice to see these things occur Butero, I too wish that they would. It is unfortunate that people do not see that tollerance of the things you mentioned is just as sinful as practicing the sin. We are NOT to tollerate nor are we to justify what we do by saying foolish things like "I am covered by the blood of the Lamb and His salvation" in order to get away with these things..great wrath will be poured out on the believer who practices, tollerates or justifies these actions.

I believe you are right about this Sue. Even under my best case scenerio, this nation would have to come to a place of repentance, and I don't see that happening. For that reason, I agree that judgement is likely innevitable. Also, I agree with you Jackie that the judgements mentioned in Revelation will occur as scripture says they will and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I am not really in dissagreement with either of you on these points. I just wish the church in this nation would wake up to the fact that God will not continue to tolerate our sinful lifestyles and turn. I am amazed at how people, even posting here at Worthy, believe it is ok to have practicing homosexuals as members in good standing in their church, get divorced and re-married for non-Biblical reasons, fornicate, get abortions, and more recently even promote things like cloning. As time goes on, the condition of the church continues to deteriorate, and so from that standpoint, judgement cannot be far away.

Butero,

I think you have a good picture of the condition of the Church, and of Israel, for that matter, and the world, too. The world has gotten into the church so much, just like idolatry crept into the camp of the children of God, and it will take a purging of God to bring people to their knees in repentance. The biggest thing I see, and it may be even worse than the great sins, is apathy. I'm seeing a trend in churches towards people getting their "show" for an hour, kind of like going to the movies, and then going home with no personal involvement whatsoever. We are attending a local church that our grandchildren and one of our sons attends. It is a fairly large church (2000, maybe) and the preaching is right on the money, but they have a struggling Sunday school and are having difficulty getting teachers. The classes are dying out. Church is becoming too much like going to the movies, I'm afraid. And, judgment is not far away, you can count on it!