• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Yesterday morning I caught a glimpse of the news on TV in the morning while I was trying to wake my brain up in order to have my quiet time with God. Evidently a very large, stately tree near the White House toppled over during a storm. The tree had evidently been planted during Teddy Roosevelt's term of office (100 years ago). Fox news reported that they did not understand what caused the tree to just topple over. I sensed God telling me that this was a sign of what was going to happen to our nation; our government. I also saw on the news during that short period of time yesterday morning how vast the wildfires are out west, killing over 100,000 acres of greenery. Then, I turned the news off, prayed and read the word (I read where I had last left off in my reading):

Zechariah 11:1-3:

"Open your doors, O Lebanon,

so that fire may devour your cedars!

Wail, O pine tree, for the cedar has fallen;

the stately trees are ruined!

Wail, oaks of Bashan;

the dense forest has been cut down!

Listen to the wail of the shepherds;

their rich pastures are destroyed!

Listen to the roar of the lions;

the lush thicket of the Jordan is ruined!"

I wanted to understand the meaning of these verses, so I researched it in two different commentaries:

1) "The pride of these two, the cedars of Lebanon and the oaks of Bashan, is to be destroyed... The two means of destruction of trees, fire and axe, are irresistible as God prepares the way for the return of his people... Even the lush thicket of the Jordan does not escape the terrifying arrival of the Lord in delivering judgment."

2) "Some interpret this brief poem as a taunt song anticipating the lament that will be sung over the destruction of the nations' power and arrogance, represented by the cedar, the pine and the oak. Their kings are represented by the shepherds and the lions... Now the scene is one of desolation for the land, followed by the threat of judgment and disaster for both land and people."

It appeared to me as though what the Lord was showing me, represented by the huge tree that was toppled at the White House and the fires destroying thousands of acres of land out west, is the destruction of the pride and arrogance of our nation, soon to come.

Later on I read a news article on-line about Teddy Roosevelt. It was called:

Roosevelt's legacy shapes U.S. of today

26th president's activism changed role of government

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/25/roosevelt.tm/

"He was the first president to urge wholeheartedly that the U.S. accept its role as a global power. The "imperial presidencies" that followed his, from Franklin Roosevelt to Lyndon Johnson to George W. Bush, all owe something to his example."

The tree that fell was planted during Teddy's presidency, so I wondered if perhaps God was saying that this "global power" is what is going to topple and this "imperial presidency." I also found an article that included a blib about the tree on FoxNews on-line today:

"The tree that fell near President Bush's front door was also historic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Well, if this incident reminded you of that fact, good. :b:

However, it is certainly not something requiring a special sign or revelation, if that is what you mean.

On the basis purely of the Word of God (such as the fact that America does not seem to be prominent in Bible prophecy and that "sin is a reproach to any nation") it is almost a foregone conclusion that God will bring judgement to America in a big way.

We continue to exist as a nation solely because of God's mercy in the midst of our increasing sinfulness... Personally, I think this blessing of God has had much to do with our support of Israel.

Ezekiel states that, when Israel is attacked by Gog-Magog, no ally will come to her aid. I think we are seeing a clear and rapid set-up for this even now, as America in our official policy is methodically stabbing Israel in the back.

God has pronounced His dispeasure on those who seek to divide His land.

Could this be part of the death-knell of America? I think there's a very good chance.

Pray for revival! :whistling:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I do wish somebody would have a vision about another country other than America.

I must say that I hope you are wrong about this, but believe it may be true. I still believe their may be a small ray of hope for America, and that is if the church will put sin away and seek God with their whole heart. There does come a point of no return, and I don't know if we are there yet, but Biblically, the only action I have ever seen that caused God to change his mind about bring destruction upon a nation was wide spread repentance.

Butero,

The Lord has been speaking to me about this judgment on America since November of 2004. What I have heard him say is that the people will not listen. God has spoken over and over and over again, and he has given America plenty of time to repent, but their hearts are hardened. What is going to bring about revival in America is this judgment of God, for it will bring America to its knees. People are too self-sufficient. They are following after other gods. God is jealous. He wants them to return to him, so he is going to bring this judgment so that we will repent, so we will bow the knee in true worship of him and so that his name will be lifted up and he will be glorified. And, I have no doubt but that this is very soon. I sensed urgency in what he said to me this morning in my quiet time.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

christ free servant,

i hope you don't have any trees in your yard that topples over during a storm it could be a sign towards you. i think you are misrepresenting the scriptures and the tree falling.

OC

Well, if this incident reminded you of that fact, good. :24:

However, it is certainly not something requiring a special sign or revelation, if that is what you mean.

On the basis purely of the Word of God (such as the fact that America does not seem to be prominent in Bible prophecy and that "sin is a reproach to any nation") it is almost a foregone conclusion that God will bring judgement to America in a big way.

We continue to exist as a nation solely because of God's mercy in the midst of our increasing sinfulness... Personally, I think this blessing of God has had much to do with our support of Israel.

Ezekiel states that, when Israel is attacked by Gog-Magog, no ally will come to her aid. I think we are seeing a clear and rapid set-up for this even now, as America in our official policy is methodically stabbing Israel in the back.

God has pronounced His dispeasure on those who seek to divide His land.

Could this be part of the death-knell of America? I think there's a very good chance.

Pray for revival! :noidea:

God often leads his servants to state the obvious (to some), because it is not obvious to all. Walk in my world awhile. The people I live near and talk with and hear speaking do not believe that God is soon going to topple America as he did this tree yesterday. Most people on Worthy do not believe we are in imminent danger of this judgment of God. I believe that is why God is speaking to so many of his servants about this, because this is urgent and it is imminent. God is calling people to repentance. He is saying "This is real guys!" Well, maybe not those words, but you get the idea. So many even watch what is going on in the world with a yawn and a so-so attitude. Most people really do believe their lives are going to continue on just like they have been for generations. God is trying to say "Wake Up America," but few are really heeding the warning.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I must say that I hope you are wrong about this, but believe it may be true. I still believe their may be a small ray of hope for America, and that is if the church will put sin away and seek God with their whole heart. There does come a point of no return, and I don't know if we are there yet, but Biblically, the only action I have ever seen that caused God to change his mind about bring destruction upon a nation was wide spread repentance.

Butero,

The Lord has been speaking to me about this judgment on America since November of 2004. What I have heard him say is that the people will not listen. God has spoken over and over and over again, and he has given America plenty of time to repent, but their hearts are hardened. What is going to bring about revival in America is this judgment of God, for it will bring America to its knees. People are too self-sufficient. They are following after other gods. God is jealous. He wants them to return to him, so he is going to bring this judgment so that we will repent, so we will bow the knee in true worship of him and so that his name will be lifted up and he will be glorified. And, I have no doubt but that this is very soon. I sensed urgency in what he said to me this morning in my quiet time.

Sue, I see your heart. know that there are many who are hearing the same things that you are.

You are a watchman on the wall, keep seeking His face. :noidea:

christ free servant,

i hope you don't have any trees in your yard that topples over during a storm it could be a sign towards you. i think you are misrepresenting the scriptures and the tree falling.

OC

In addition to this christ free servant

if you want to warn America to wake then hearld this gospel message from the pages of God's word

I notice you only say it was "ONE" tree that fell but the scriptures you use to back up what you are thinking does not fit what you saw. The scripture in Zechariah chapter 11 talks about the PRIDE of TWO trees. So how do you rectify all of this you have said thus far when it was only ONE tree that fell.

OC

christ free servant,

OC

OC,

I appreciate your comments. God can speak to us in many ways, you know. The Bible talks about how he will speak through signs and wonders. I believe this was a sign from God. I don't believe that every tree that falls is a sign from God, but God spoke to me through this. Remember in the Bible he even spoke through a donkey.

christ free servant,

OC

OC,

I appreciate your comments. God can speak to us in many ways, you know. The Bible talks about how he will speak through signs and wonders. I believe this was a sign from God. I don't believe that every tree that falls is a sign from God, but God spoke to me through this. Remember in the Bible he even spoke through a donkey.

yes CFS God can speak to us in many different ways but it will always be backed up in his word. The word speaks to us in how that he is not speaking to us in signs anymore in this way for the prophet Jonah was the last sign that was given. And you did not answer the question that I ask of you. Instead you took it out so I will ask you again in hopes you will answer for my own concerns.

The scriptures in Zechariah chapter 11 you used speaks of "TWO" trees that fell in pride. How do you rectify this with the "ONE" tree that you said was a sign? Referring back to post #10 they do not match and we have to judge prophesy with the word.

And I believe God can use anybody to speak if he can use a donkey surely he can use you and I.