Electric Angel

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I've been a magician for a little over 20 years. Over the course of my career, I'ver performed for literally thousands of Christians. Almost all of them don't have a problem with the magic I do - they recognize it as entertainment (sleight of hand and misdirection) rather than communion with the Occult.

Now and then, however, I run into some Christians who have a big problem with it. Once, while performing in a hotel during a Sunday brunch, I was approached by an angry-looking young man who warned me to stay very far away from his table, as he didn't want his children to be corrupted by the colourful sponge balls I had in my hands. This was a very rare occasion.

I don't take it personally when Christians are uncomfortable with magic (the whole meat offered to idols thing) but I'm wondering what the rest of the posters here feel. Do you have problems with magic per se?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Nope. N oproblem here.

Sad to say, but there are a lot of "kooky" people out there in general. It's a small minority, but they're still there. Christians aren't any exception to the rule either. Keep on doing what you're doing. There's nothing wrong with it at all.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I've been a magician for a little over 20 years. Over the course of my career, I'ver performed for literally thousands of Christians. Almost all of them don't have a problem with the magic I do - they recognize it as entertainment (sleight of hand and misdirection) rather than communion with the Occult.

Now and then, however, I run into some Christians who have a big problem with it. Once, while performing in a hotel during a Sunday brunch, I was approached by an angry-looking young man who warned me to stay very far away from his table, as he didn't want his children to be corrupted by the colourful sponge balls I had in my hands. This was a very rare occasion.

I don't take it personally when Christians are uncomfortable with magic (the whole meat offered to idols thing) but I'm wondering what the rest of the posters here feel. Do you have problems with magic per se?

You shoudl check out Mark Matlock. He's a youth speaker and a very cool guy...he also does magic tricks.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

You shoudl check out Mark Matlock. He's a youth speaker and a very cool guy...he also does magic tricks.

People get bent out of shape cause of the scripture's prohibition against magic. But modern magic tricks are illusions performed for entertainment, they are not spells or anything.

I even appreciate the work of a good magician even if I know how the trick is done because it's an art form IMO.

I still want to know how Kris Angel makes all those buildings disappear. He says it's all an illusion, but I can't figure it out to save my life. Which is totally cool...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

There are stange people everywhere, perhaps he thought you were really doing "magic", I ran into some of the same issues with hypnosis many years ago, I used it sometimes in theropy to help people find the sourse of some of thier fears. but to some it was like I was doing some form of Black magic, not an accepted medical practice.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

No problem here with Magicians. Are you going to be the next David Copperfield? Man, I could watch him all day long. As one poster already put it, it's not casting spells on people, but illusions.

However, I do have a problem with hypnosis.

in Him;

-c-

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/05/1992

The only magic that is bad is witchcraft and stuff like that so in your case no.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I have always like magic shows. I am kind of an amateur magician myself. You should see how fast I can make money disappear from my back account!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"Magic" is most often associated with sorcery and witchcraft. What "magicians" these days do is better described as "illusionists". I saw a performance by Christain man doing such who actually called himself an Illusionist rather than a Magician. He also included a little blurb about that, how he doesn't perform magic but illusions, the difference between them, and why he uses the alternate term.

Maybe adopting the same technique would solve the dilemma?

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Many years ago I would have had to say yes to that...

I was of the mind set that it it appeard evil to stay away from it especiall for my children..

but I believe I went to far with my thinking..

and you will always have people who are not going to like what you do with magic...

Since then I have found there is not a problem with the ilusions of pulling a quarter out from behind someones ear in fun...

conjuring up a spirit is another matter ...dealing with the spirit world is evil...

anything that deals with spiritual magic is wrong...

If we are doing everything as unto the Lord then I say have fun with hats and rabbits... ....