• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1972

:thumbsup:

I have been told by members of my family that I should not be concerned about enviromental issues that affect the generations of the future because Christ is coming back soon so whats the point...eat drink and be merry and live life to the fullest

But what they don't see is that when christ comes again it could be 200 or so years from now as we dont know the day or the hour of his 2nd coming. Jesus instructed us to continue living and not be anxious about his coming again and it seems to me alot of christians are not concerned about doing what is scientifcly possible to clean the air,water and ozone layer around us not to mention finding alternitaive power sources besides crude oil and coal.

I'd like to ask all of you your input on what we should be doing as good stewards of the planet that God made for us to live on? :cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

:whistling:

I have been told by members of my family that I should not be concerned about enviromental issues that affect the generations of the future because Christ is coming back soon so whats the point...eat drink and be merry and live life to the fullest

But what they don't see is that when christ comes again it could be 200 or so years from now as we dont know the day or the hour of his 2nd coming. Jesus instructed us to continue living and not be anxious about his coming again and it seems to me alot of christians are not concerned about doing what is scientifcly possible to clean the air,water and ozone layer around us not to mention finding alternitaive power sources besides crude oil and coal.

I'd like to ask all of you your input on what we should be doing as good stewards of the planet that God made for us to live on? :whistling:

Unfortunately these issues have been so politicized that its hard to tell truth from fiction. However, while I do not follow radical environmentalists who would destroy our economy and well being with their agenda, there is a place for prudent conservation of important resources by Christians. The idea that we should eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die is something Paul proposed should it be proven that there is no God.

Unnecessary waste and trashing of the beautiful world God has provided is certainly an indication of bad stewardship. Obviously there is a tension between proper use of the resources and conservation of them. Unfortunately the radicals have made it a political issue with a large dose of sensationalism designed to scare people. I tend to think your relatives' position is an unfortunate reaction to this and should also be rejected.

sw

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

st. worm, excellent post, so I'll just say ditto!

:whistling:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The short answer is that we are called to be stewards of the Earth. While although not our eternal home, it is our temporary one, and the one we will pass on to our descendants. Would you trash your home, the building you dwell in and pay for? We need to regard this our land, our waters, this planet the same.

Consider this verse:

Rev 11:18 - The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth."

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'd like to ask all of you your input on what we should be doing as good stewards of the planet that God made for us to live on? :P

;)

I'd like to ask all of you your input on what we should be doing as good stewards of the planet that God made for us to live on? :thumbsup:

Short and sweet....we are to be good stewards. LNJ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

;)

I'd like to ask all of you your input on what we should be doing as good stewards of the planet that God made for us to live on? :thumbsup:

"Christ is coming back soon so whats the point...eat drink and be merry and live life to the fullest"...this is a total contradiction to what we must do. Sorry, this does not have much to do with saving the environment; instead its about what the members of your family have said. Before the flood in Noah's time, people were eating, drinking and being merry. They were caught unaware of the judgement, the flood. It will be the same with Christ's return: people will be eating, drinking and be occupied with life. They will not be ready for Christ's return.

Living life to the fullest should not be living our life to OUR fullest pleasure. It is living the fullest to and for our Lord Jesus.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Stricklator,

I've struggled with this stuff my whole life, down to: Why eat great and exercise when I'm gonna die anyway.

I know my thinking is not God's will for my life. We are called to be good stewards and to do everything to the Glory of God.

Part of it is my upbringing, I was raised in a cult that told me I would be persecuted by the world for my beliefs and my mother was always telling me I'd never make it to high school or get married because Jesus would come first, we were always living in the last days, sigh.

I'm 37 now and I believe we should take care of the earth because it might be here another 1000 years, we honestly do not know when Jesus will return, his view of time is not ours. We will have descendants after us that will have to live here if He tarries and we take care of ourselves because we need to be here to fulfill His will for our lives.

I suspect you have a little bit of a feeling of hopelessness like me.

Praise God He is in control.

Good question. :noidea: