IGNORED

Rapture

wordsower

It is my belief that if you miss the rapture, you pretty much miss everything.

I've heard a few preachers, even some well known Pastor's teach that if you have ever heard the gospel before the rapture and rejected it, and then the rapture actually happens, then you have no hope of ever being saved.

There is not one verse of scripture to support this belief. For this to be true, you would have to assume that everyone will take the mark of the beast, but as we see in Rev. 20:4 many will willingly give their lives.

By the way, that verse also proves that the entire church will not be raptured as many teach.

Cheers

It is my belief that everyone goes through the tribulation. I see that it is not your belief and that's ok with me. Everyone's gotta believe in something and that's mine.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1962

My pastor did a series of weeks where we went over the entire revelation. It was absolutely astounding!! All christians will go in the rapture. There is actually going to be more than rapture. If I remember right Its either 7 or 3 yrs later that another one will happen after the first, so the unbelivers will have a chance to come to Christ in then there will be another. (3 total?) What makes this even more astounding is that 2 belivers get killed 3 days before the final rapture and they lay in the streets for the 3 days and right before the rapture God breathes the breath of life in them and then thats when the final rapture happens. I find it amazing. Every time I learn new things I become more and more amazed.

If I am misleading in anything I said I apologize. I dont mean for any confusion. It was at least 2yrs ago that I heard this message. So feel free to correct me. (However I do believe strongly in all 3 raptures.) I can always back it up by scripture.

Love in Christ!!

allihave

To preach that we get a second chance on earth I think is poor understanding of Scripture and spreads a false doctrine.

Jesus only comes back once, and man only has one life to lead, then the judgement.

The 2 believers you talk about are the two witnesses. The two witnesses are the same as those on the Mount of Transfiguration. Moses and Elijah.

They represent the law and the prophecy.

Here is a study that I hope you'll find informative:

www.danielrevelation.com/documents/witnesses.pdf

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

RND

Everyone has a chance to be saved as long as they are still breathing. Missing the rapture does not negate a persons chance to be saved.

I suspect you are SDA as I am an EX-SDA. Right?

RND

Everyone has a chance to be saved as long as they are still breathing. Missing the rapture does not negate a persons chance to be saved.

I suspect you are SDA as I am an EX-SDA. Right?

What is SDA?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Seventh day Adventist, or Sad Dogmatic Arguers, either way.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Rapture being the marriage supper of the Lamb

Actually, Revelation pegs the marriage supper of the Lamb as being after the seven year tribulation, when Christ returns to earth. The marriage of the Lamb takes place before that time.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/08/1962

Rapture being the marriage supper of the Lamb

Actually, Revelation pegs the marriage supper of the Lamb as being after the seven year tribulation, when Christ returns to earth. The marriage of the Lamb takes place before that time.

Why am I not sursprised that you've provided zero Scriptural referrence for this assertion? Revelation mentions a 7 year reign of anti-christ or tribulation a total of 'zero' times.

I agree Jesus will soon return to earth, however he does so only once.

Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

That seems evident to me that it will be an event that all will see.

Revelation 1:7

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

To teach Jesus' second coming is for the church only, and that he comes seven years later for 'everyone' is a flase teaching.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Why am I not sursprised that you've provided zero Scriptural referrence for this assertion? Revelation mentions a 7 year reign of anti-christ or tribulation a total of 'zero' times.

My point was simply that Revelation 19:9 announces the marriage supper of the Lamb just after the destruction of Babylon the Great and before the return to earth of Christ.

It was written in reponse to a post of someone who clearly believed in a rapture previous to that return, in order to sort out a question of chronology.

It was not meant to argue the tribulation, the timing of the rapture, or the validity of the viewpoint that accepts prophectic Scripture as more than allegorical.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

where does it say "pray that you be made worthy to escape the tribulation"?