Christian

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to ask Godslove26 where you heard Ozzy accepted Christ? Ozzy has publicly shown antagonism towards Christianity since then so I am wondering what your source is. Mine is the Henry Rollins show.

Mark

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

People get off your high pulpits....and don't forget to be human.

DONT FORGET TO BE HUMAN

Dont forget to be human

Dont forget your humanity

dont forget to be yourself...

;) Huh? Humanity has failed us. I'd rather my focus be on Jesus Christ and HIS ways.

Now... if you said, "don't forget that you are human", I'd agree with you, BUT I have no desire to be anything but a follower of Jesus Christ and HIS ways.

Regarding "judging", too many of us err on the side of NOT judging, which is much of our problem today. We have a blueprint to follow using God's Word. We should use it. Keep in mind; in His sermon (Matthew 7), Jesus used a metaphorical eye for a reason. Proper judging of our brethren or behaviors of anyone requires a clear conscience AND gentleness. The goal is restoration; not condemnation. If we love others, we will prepare ourselves with prayer and gently share with them God's TRUTH. Anything else is akin to standing on the wayside as they fall into further despair.

To be clear, I am not speaking of judging a person's eternal position but rather behavior.

Wouldn't it be great if the Judges sitting on the bench today used the Biblical guideline before they sent a person to prison? The goal should always be restoration. People make mistakes, some of them very serious with consequence. Maybe if the Justice system focused on restoration, we would see a lower recidivism rate in our jails & prisons.

My point: always call a spade a spade. Evil is evil, sin is sin. Err on the side of TRUTH. Set your mind and heart on the Ways of God. Focus on God's perfect love keeping in mind that Jesus set the example for us; HE washed His betrayer's feet knowing full well that he was going to betray him before the night was over. That's perfect love.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Amen Jamie, the word holy means to be "set-apart", since Yahweh God is a holy, set-apart from evil God, we must strive to be holy as He is holy.

We cannot serve two masters as scripture points out.

And salvation is available to all men, but not ALL will accept it.

And it is not Yahweh God's will that any should perish, because all was perishing, So He sent His Son into the World, not to condemn the world, for it was condemned already, but to save all who would call upon His name.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

micen2, I like the 'realness' in your personality. But do a study on the holiness of God. Ozzie's not there brother, not at all. Holiness is something we know so little about these days.

You're right....mmmm....didn't think of that. You and i were selected by God because we were holy...................sorry bro...I forgot. My bad. ;)

salvation is available to all men.............................. all.

It is not God's will that any should perish.....any.

You completely missed the point. Holiness is what we, meaning (all) of us strive for or we are only kidding ourselves.

"Holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."

- Hebrews 12:14

nah ;) .....i see "the" point.........................but do you see mine.

Poor Ozzy....................like a dog in a cage.....getting poked with sticks.....constantly....by the same hypocrites who hung thier own messiah on a tree. i'd strive to avoid them too.

Well while you're striving just make sure you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We've all dealt with hypocrisy, we've all been turned off by self righteousness. We will all stand before God and every motive of our heart will be laid bare.

How we lived our life for Him and kept His word will be the only thing that matters, and we won't be able to blame a soul except ourselves.

Guest jckduboise

micen2, I like the 'realness' in your personality. But do a study on the holiness of God. Ozzie's not there brother, not at all. Holiness is something we know so little about these days.

You're right....mmmm....didn't think of that. You and i were selected by God because we were holy...................sorry bro...I forgot. My bad. :)

salvation is available to all men.............................. all.

It is not God's will that any should perish.....any.

You completely missed the point. Holiness is what we, meaning (all) of us strive for or we are only kidding ourselves.

"Holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."

- Hebrews 12:14

nah :) .....i see "the" point.........................but do you see mine.

Poor Ozzy....................like a dog in a cage.....getting poked with sticks.....constantly....by the same hypocrites who hung thier own messiah on a tree. i'd strive to avoid them too.

Well while you're striving just make sure you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We've all dealt with hypocrisy, we've all been turned off by self righteousness. We will all stand before God and every motive of our heart will be laid bare.

How we lived our life for Him and kept His word will be the only thing that matters, and we won't be able to blame a soul except ourselves.

Kudos....amen.

This is what I'm talkin' about..amen Jamie and micen2 :wub:

Guest jckduboise

Well it depends on what and how we judge and why.

So it is not simple. I agree we are not to judge the state of someone's eternal soul, we also are not to judge those on the outside of the faith according to Paul. But we are indeed to judge those on the inside according to Paul. I think Lady Raven was simply saying that Osborne is not a Christian and I agree with her, which is an important thing to say if he or anybody else is claiming he is a Christian. Not for the sake of judgement of ozzy, but for the sake of those who are not yet believers.

We live in a crude, hedonistic culture, if we take away the veneer of some outward shows of Christian belief, our culture is essentially pagan in its actions. Ozzy is a part of that, and I have no problem criticizing ANYTHING on t.v. particularly MTV or the type of reality show which is the Osbornes. Are these people we should point out are the models? Should our kids be watching this guy and say what a success!!! Although from what I have seen of the show Ozzy is a walking anti-drug ad, the guys sounds half brain dead, his brain is half gone.

So I think it is okay to criticize that, but where does it cross the line into judgementalism? It is a hard line. I guess I would error on the side of not judging. What I mean is given two choices, to judge when judgement may be called for, or to judge when it is not called for, which is the most dangerous mistake to make for our souls? I think it is safer for our souls to remain silent when judgement may be called for, than it is to judge others when we should not be. It is one reason I am glad I am not a pastor or a deacon who are charged with instituting church discipline.

Talk about coming full circle in one post.

in agreement with you..

Actually, to be more accurate, I was saying that based on the evidence presented on the show, I saw nothing which led me to believe he was...at the time the show was taped. I allowed for the possibility that he was in some sort of latent stage, and I do allow for things which might have happened since the taping of that show. I still do periodically pray for him also.

Ozzy did this.....I saw him do that...I heard he was this....and I'm not sure if he.....but i'll find out...

It's a good thang yall are keeping your eyes peeled for any sinners..... (strain out a gnat.....swallow a howitzer)

you kill me, micen2 :wub::)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Micen

Micen

Micen,

Thanks for the kind words but if you don't leave me alone I will write everything THREE times!! -For the Father.

Thanks for the kind words but if you don't leave me alone I will write everything THREE times!! - For the Son.

Thanks for the kind words but if you don't leave me alone I will write everything THREE times!! - For the Holy Spirit.

:wub::):)

No really, you are welcome to bother me anytime, Micen.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Guest jckduboise

..just for the record and tenderly spoken..I am a sister..smiles

:) For some reason, I thought your name was Jack. :wub: I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. :)

its okay Wayne..my nickname has been jack for many years now..besides my hair is so short some might even mistake me for a man.. :)

Blessings

• Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

..just for the record and tenderly spoken..I am a sister..smiles

:) For some reason, I thought your name was Jack. :wub: I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. :)

its okay Wayne..my nickname has been jack for many years now..besides my hair is so short some might even mistake me for a man.. :)

Blessings

LOL...I get called 'brother' all the time, yet i'm a sister. :)

Sometimes I let it go, but sometimes I let people know differently if I think it will keep my head from getting cut off and served on a platter. :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Focus on God's perfect love keeping in mind that Jesus set the example for us; HE washed His betrayer's feet knowing full well that he was going to betray him before the night was over. That's perfect love.

Yep..............................

didnt forget his "Hum-an-i-ty" :noidea:

HE never forgot His divinity. :hmmm: That was the source of HIS perfect love. See the point I'm trying to get across? There is NOTHING "righteous" in our humanity. Our source of righteousness is Jesus Christ. It is so very important I think to grasp this because it shows humility on our part; to know that we cannot please God apart from Christ. :cool:

Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven. Psalm 85:11