IGNORED

How can a God of love allow stoning as a death penalty ?

Guest doug_mmm

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

I think a better question is, how can anyone reconcile a loving God with one who lets infants or non-Christian children burn for eternity in Hell, because they were too young to accept God or because their parents/circumstances had not yet allowed them to know of the Bible?

Infants and unborn children don't go to hell when they die. God's word says so, read what King David says about his child he had with Bathsheba (from the affair, a child that its conception was in sin still went to heaven). David said he would see the child when he went to be with the Lord.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

# 3

If you put no limits on God's ability, do you have any idea why he would not give us more evidence of his existence other than a book that is interpreted in so many different ways? For example, why not proof in the form of answers to prayers in which someone's amputated limb is restored?

Lol - your

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  660
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

I think a better question is, how can anyone reconcile a loving God with one who lets infants or non-Christian children burn for eternity in Hell, because they were too young to accept God or because their parents/circumstances had not yet allowed them to know of the Bible?

For the last time: He doesn't let infants go to Hell! And if there were any reason that someone did not know about the Gospel, I believe God said He would spare them, too.

After Jesus came, stoning was no longer necessary. In the Old Covenant, that was the choice punishment of God for certain sins, however. I think His reasoning was that if ever a culture needed to remain pure, it was Israel. They would be the ones to show His word to the world, and they were His chosen people. Using these kinds of punishments doesn't make sense to us modern civillians, but look where our morallity has gone.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, stoning's just the beginning! Wait till Armageddon rolls around & those 100-pound hailstones start raining down! The MAIN Bout is yet to commence. Read John's Revelation & get used to it! It's time to find eternal shelter in the Rock of Ages, yes? Reign, Master Jesus, Reign!!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I don't recall God ever saying that it was ok to Stone some one as a death Penalty. In fact I don't recall God ever saying it was ok to ever take a human life for any reason. Second if im gone follow any ones example its going to be christ who stopped Mary from being stoned to death because it was wrong. Whatever comes from christ comes from God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

And the U.S. Supreme Court should quickly pull up its britches & let America get on with the justifiable execution of the several hundreds of duly-convicted murderers in U.S. Death Rows lest they all die off via Alzheimers! Why should the United States sign the death warrant for hundreds of innocent citizens by treating the crime of horrendous murder as something fifth-grade elementary understandable in modern society? Like Alexander put it, Gordian is at loose ends. Likewise, at the moment, the U.S. Supreme Court.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  660
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

And the U.S. Supreme Court should quickly pull up its britches & let America get on with the justifiable execution of the several hundreds of duly-convicted murderers in U.S. Death Rows lest they all die off via Alzheimers! Why should the United States sign the death warrant for hundreds of innocent citizens by treating the crime of horrendous murder as something fifth-grade elementary understandable in modern society? Like Alexander put it, Gordian is at loose ends. Likewise, at the moment, the U.S. Supreme Court.

Yeah, but hey, at least they determined the death penalty was not inhumane.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

But, back to the point: The Roman Church believes that unbaptized babies can go to hell, but I know of no other sect of Christianity which believes so; and most Roman Catholics don't believe it either, despite the official teaching of the Roman church on the subject.

Yo. I'm Catholic. And the Church does NOT believe that, nor is it in the Catechism anywhere. FYI, we don't even believe that non-Christians go to Hell automatically - that was clarified after Vatican II.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

You know, they had warnings, they were told what not to do and they did it. It's the same as our justice system, yet his ways are better than ours.

I'm so thankful for my father, He warned me once when I was not being obedient, he told me what would happen if I continued-he always kept his word. I can remember when something happened the first time in our house-because we saw what happened when you crossed the line. I think God does the same thing but much better, they knew what was right and wrong, they were told the consequences and they did it anyway-what would they expect-they saw it happen to others.

this song came to my heart:

blessings

candi

You know, they had warnings, they were told what not to do and they did it. It's the same as our justice system, yet his ways are better than ours.

this was the most severe penalty one could incur...for the most serious crimes of endangering the entire nation. THis is why the entire nation was to be involved with the punishment. To ensure that everyone understood the seriouness of these particular sins and that there would be less chance of it happening again.

One thing you can say with 100% certainty about the death penalty....the offender will never do it again.