• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  236
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Lypse your contention that the earth was thought to be flat because of the phrase from the ends of the earth is just too lame to even be considered....we say that now and we know that the earth is round

We aslo use the phrase from the four corners of the country /world etc and we do not know of ANY square or rectangular countries.

Scientists that you claim to be infalable were the ones that first told the people that the world was flat

they also said the atom couldnt be split

they also frequently make absolute statements that are disproved almost as soon as they are published

You want "evidence" ...sorry but all "evidence" that has ever been used in these sort of questions have sooner or later all been disproved or shown to be unsafe ...we deal with FAITH far harder to disprove cos we do not need proof that you think of, only the working of God in our lives

I hope that when you have finished serching you come to faith ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Well I find all this very confusing. I believe that the dino's walked the earth with people, eventually died out for some reason I'm not sure of, and now we have fossil fuels. Thats about sums up what I believe, it's got holes in it, but it works.

Lypse, I'll tell you right now you're probably smarter than me, so I'm not arguing what you said, I probably don't agree with it, but you'd talk circles around me. Earlier on you used the term Xians, can I assume that means Christians? I'd kind of appreciate if you didn't do that... it sort of bugged me. But thats kinda petty anyway.

I think we should all just settle on the stinky feet explanation and leave it at that... seems easier and nicer. :emot-poke:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  236
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

wow Keilan juts how old are your feet ??????/ :taped:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

lypse,

If you ever have dug any further about more recent articles....Carbon testing is outdated due to the fact that when tests are conducted everything has Carbon in it....fossils EVERYTHING.....

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. Carbon testing is outdated because everything has carbon in it??? :taped: I'm going to assume you worded it wrong because you were in some haste to try to prove me wrong. BTW there is nothing wrong with carbon testing or any other dating method.

So therefore, when these scientists send the fossils to the lab to get tested. The LAB actually asks for a period of time that the scientists might think that is done...Not FOR SURE 100% positive

This must be your opinion and a terrible one at that. give me a source saying that they guess the age, after all, the burden of proof is on you now :24:

So therefore, all the work you just did with the websites and road maps and everything....Just fell through.

Um, it fell through because of your poor attempt to discredit my argument WHEN I SAID NOTHING ABOUT CARBON DATING. Your own argument fell through the minute you attempted it.

Honestly you don't hear much about the science field as far as fossils and such things like that are anymore on the news....Wonder why??????

No, I don't wonder why, I know why. Fossils and dating methods is not a hot topic anymore, so nobody in the general public cares. The only thing on the news these days are fundies trying to get creation and ID taught in schools and evolution out.

Alot of these palentologists and scientists are having to retract back statements.

Give me a source from a palentologist or scientist that "retracted" their statements. It shouldn't be hard since there is "alot" of them.

If you don't believe me do a search for yourself and look at the last time things were published about today.

I'm not so ignorant not to carry out searches for myself and check the validity. If anyone needs to do searching, it is you. I'll give you a headstart:

http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/benton.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dating.html

http://members.allstream.net/~fnojd/dating.html

and if you can get a hold of it, I recommend Niles Eldredges' book, "The Triumph of Evolution and the Failure of Creationism".

You want hard evidence how bout pictures????? Pictures of a dinosaur footprints and a human's together?

http://www.ancientx.com/nm/anmviewer.asp?a=70&z=1

Ahhh, but of course the famous dinosaurs and human footprints. I don't even need to address this, instead I'll direct you here:

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/paluxy.htm - if you choose not to read this PLEASE do not bring up the dino/human footprints again.

As far as your dating goes next time do more chemistry research!

again, NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT DATING METHODS. You just will jump on any bandwagon argument that creationists present. And more chemistry research?? I'll let you know from now that I'm a physics and chemistry major. How much more research do I need to do. It is you that has to do research.

good day, and sorry for the road map :24:

Lypse your contention that the earth was thought to be flat because of the phrase from the ends of the earth is just too lame to even be considered....we say that now and we know that the earth is round

We aslo use the phrase from the four corners of the country /world etc and we do not know of ANY square or rectangular countries.

Scientists that you claim to be infalable were the ones that first told the people that the world was flat

And who were these scientists?? The Church!! ANYONE who presented arguments that went against the bible (flat earth, earth the centre of the universe, the sun orbiting the earth) was punished for it.

they also said the atom couldnt be split

What does this prove?? :24:

they also frequently make absolute statements that are disproved almost as soon as they are published

You must be talking about a creation scientist :24:

You want "evidence" ...sorry but all "evidence" that has ever been used in these sort of questions have sooner or later all been disproved or shown to be unsafe

disproved by whom?? and what exactly??

...we deal with FAITH far harder to disprove cos we do not need proof that you think of

Where are you going with this

only the working of God in our lives

I hope that when you have finished serching you come to faith :taped:

Stop hoping, it ain't happening

Good day

Well I find all this very confusing. I believe that the dino's walked the earth with people, eventually died out for some reason I'm not sure of, and now we have fossil fuels. Thats about sums up what I believe, it's got holes in it, but it works.

Lypse, I'll tell you right now you're probably smarter than me, so I'm not arguing what you said, I probably don't agree with it, but you'd talk circles around me. Earlier on you used the term Xians, can I assume that means Christians? I'd kind of appreciate if you didn't do that... it sort of bugged me. But thats kinda petty anyway.

I think we should all just settle on the stinky feet explanation and leave it at that... seems easier and nicer. :taped:

no problem, I'll be sure to address you all as Christians without the 'X'

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I think we should all just settle on the stinky feet explanation and leave it at that... seems easier and nicer. :taped:

God Bless you Keilan that did make me laugh. In a good sense brother! :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The bible actually speaks of the earth as circular. Long before "science" realized it was right. There are many scriptures referrring to things that "science" has "discovered" (supposedly for the first time!)...if only so-called scientists had read it!

The bible actually speaks of the earth as circular. Long before "science" realized it was right. There are many scriptures referrring to things that "science" has "discovered" (supposedly for the first time!)...if only so-called scientists had read it!

You do realize there is a big difference between a circle and a sphere. Like I've stated before, a circle is a FLAT 2D object. Give me ONE verse in the bible where it says the bible is a sphere or ball-shaped.

While your at it, please direct me to the "many scriptures" referring to things that was already known.

Good day

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

Wow you choose to mock me.......But whatever your opinion is that......You want to sit here and cut down my views after I clearly explained fine......and the reason for th argon-argon dating and the site that I listed you have to read obviously you didn't. So whatever man.......You ain't converting me to your ways of believing that the world is flat or whatever you said.....