• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

But its either one or the other, fact or allegory

Just so as to make a nice easy target for atheists? :24:

Absolutely not. Because it either is one thing or its another, it can't be both. In the Christian sense, it's either a story that embellishes truth to get across a point that God wrote, or its a factual doctrine that God wrote, it can't be both because of simple reason, not any agenda by people who aren't theists.

Edited by Arjuous

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  636
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Absolutely not. Because it either is one thing or its another, it can't be both.

Because Arjuous says so.

'Bye.

• Group:  Nonbeliever

Absolutely not. Because it either is one thing or its another, it can't be both.

Because Arjuous says so.

'Bye.

Why do you keep attributing the problem I'm addressing to me? I'm trying to discuss whether the bible is allegory or fiction. You can disagree with that, THATS FINE! Just tell me why, I want to know. Tell me why it's both, or tell me why its one or the other. But either way, don't be pious and insult me, just explain it, and I'll explain my position, thats how you have a debate...

Why do you keep attributing the problem I'm addressing to me? I'm trying to discuss whether the bible is allegory or fiction.

That's the problem. There is a certain minimum level that I operate on, and you don't reach it.

• Group:  Nonbeliever

Why do you keep attributing the problem I'm addressing to me? I'm trying to discuss whether the bible is allegory or fiction.

That's the problem. There is a certain minimum level that I operate on, and you don't reach it.

What? That doesn't make sense nor does it address the issue.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What about the "gap" theory? this is the great period of time between Genesis 1:1... "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." and verse 2: "The earth was empty, a formless mass cloaked in darkness. And the Spirit of God was hovering over its surface."

It is entirely possible that God did create the heavens and the earth, and then after some stretch of time, we see it suddenly without form and void! Void? What was on it before that needed to be voided? Hmmm! Interesting?

I have been open to the "gap" theory since childhood, and have not heard or read anything to dispute it yet.

Blessings! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

What are dinosaurs and when did they exist?

Arjuous,

Check this link out regarding the "Gap theory", it opens up possibilities.Christian geology

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Ok ok ok, first of, to some atheist, stop assuming that all of us believe in a 6,000 year old earth, not all of us think of it in that way.

I personally still have mixed thoughs about the years old of the earth, but I don't find it relevant, guess what, I won't balance or decide my belief on how old this earth is.

While I believe that Dinousars did walk with Humans, remember God gave man authority over every animal in this world. Which may have changed after Man sinned. It still may have being the Lapse between Gen 1.1 and Gen 1.2

God knows, I trust Him, He has putten in The Bible what I need to know, enought that I can blame the guilt on myself if I didn't chose Him, I know I would only have myself to blame, He gaved us what we need to know, get over it.

Whatever you come up saying man walked with dinosours or that was impossible or whatever, you have no point since God knew this was not as important for us to know.

I'd like to remember, it's not just a discussion with you, you are gamblign your eternity, when you know somebody responded correctly to your point of view, accept it, we lose nothing by having you deny it, you are the one losing everything. We do this of love that Jesus gave us , not to win an argument.

Blessings.

Cell.

P.S: This is probably full of typo's, but I am a bit tired right now. Sorry.

What about the "gap" theory?

Genesis speaks of justification by faith, not justification by works.

'By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.' Gen 2:2 NIV

'While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death.' Num 15:32, 36 NIV

'When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.' John 19:30 NIV

'His work has been finished since the creation of the world. For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "And on the seventh day God rested from all his work."' Heb 4:3-4 NIV

'There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.' Heb 4:9-10 NIV

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Personally, I think dinosaurs & fossils & the whole nine yards, is all man made up fables. There were no such things as giant lizards roaming the earth. How rediculas is that.

Be Blessed

in Him;

-c-