• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

So the other day I was in Church...it was really awesome...the music was so great and I was just singing my heart out and praying to the Lord....asking for forgiveness for a variety of things and just thanking him for the wonderful life he's given me and the amazing family and friends he's given me and suddenly I felt really overwhelmed...my heart felt really full and I just about started to cry (I did have tears in my eyes, but I didnt sob or anything like that). now I think I just had a really amazing experience with God...but what does this mean for me?

sierra

Guest roxi22
So the other day I was in Church...it was really awesome...the music was so great and I was just singing my heart out and praying to the Lord....asking for forgiveness for a variety of things and just thanking him for the wonderful life he's given me and the amazing family and friends he's given me and suddenly I felt really overwhelmed...my heart felt really full and I just about started to cry (I did have tears in my eyes, but I didnt sob or anything like that). now I think I just had a really amazing experience with God...but what does this mean for me?

sierra

Hi sierra,

Thats awesome that you had that experience!! I don't know everything and I don't claim too, but I would say that you were just feeling the power of God's love. You were really connecting with Him and showing Him how much you love Him and giving Him your thanks. I think that God was reassuring you that you are forgiven and that you are loved. Its so amazing when that happens, nothing is more wonderful than feeling God's presence. :thumbsup: God bless you!!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Amen!!! The presance of the Lord!!!! I am a 45 year old man, I have lived a rough life all dew to my own decisions, I did not cry or even smile for many years as I was going through the prisons, jail houses and treament centers in my life, God reached down and touched me made me whole took a violent heart out of me and installed a brand new one full of His love and His glory. (hang in there im about to get to it lol) every time I feel His presance for the past two and a half years I weep!! as we worship Him He inhabits our praises ( He shows up ) oh my what an awesome and wonderful feeling it is for me to weep in His presance I pray now that He never takes that away I love it !I am not ashamed to weep at the feet of my Lord!! anywhere He shows up!! Hallelujah!! to the Lamb of God!!! glory glory glory to the King of all Kings!!! bask in His presance and let go my friend theres nothing on earth that can ever touch that feeling Love Markinprayer!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

dont know your whole story, but hopefully this helps:

romans 8:26

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express

i think sometimes(most of the time) there are no words, no action, nothing we as humans can do to explain our feelings and emotions regarding spiritual matters. some people just react differently.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

...but what does this mean for me?

It means God loves you. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

now I think I just had a really amazing experience with God...but what does this mean for me?

sierra

If it truly was an experience with Him, then it must of necessity have changed you in some way. It sounds like it has and will in the future. I think sometimes G-d gives us these "high water marks" in this life to show us what life with Him will be like in the next life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I have had similar experiances, I guess it's just Gods way of letting you know he's there :rolleyes: