• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Looking...

First source

Six Moroccan soldiers serving as UN peacekeepers in the Democratic Republic of Congo have been arrested over sex abuse claims, Moroccan officials say.

Hmm . . . I am guessing that UN Soldiers are military with other countries who work for the UN as well? :emot-highfive:

The other articles linked are not clear on this.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10

Do you honestly believe that the families, wives and children of those UN soldiers who do wrong deserve to be killed also?

So now my second question is where the "wives and children" came into this debate?

This thread is supposed to be about what happened in Lebanon. Are the wives and children of the UN soldiers/peacekeepers/observers - whatever they are - over there as well? Why aren't they evacuating?

Now, if we want to debate about the UN's role/success/non-success over there. . .

The Failure of the United Nations

Gold gave background on how Israel was finally forced between a rock and a hard place

Guest shiloh357

you know what. I am so sick of the UN. What are their fruits? They are given millions upon millions for what? To make policies that do absoultly nothing? Its pathetic. Not once have these UN or Eu things ever worked. They are always corrupt by the greed of power and money. I dont know why people are even giving there tiem to listen to the UN.

While true, does that give anyone the right to bomb them?

Well it appears that Hizbollah was drawing fire in order to put UN peacekeepers in danger.

There is some thing that people need to understand. Have you ever seen a "Katyusha rocket launcher?" It is a launcher that sits in the bed of a truck. It is Russian WW2 technology that has been upgraded. A Katyusha rocket launcher can launch up to 30 rockets at a single time.

You can drive your truck to your position fire your rockets and you are on your way. These are not static launcher that are bolted to a launch pad somewhere. They are completely mobile.

To make matters worse for the Israelis, Hizbollah and Co. have been building hundreds of tunnels since 1980. A friend from Israel tells me that there is even an underground tunnel built for Russian submarines to dock with. The sub can dock with the tunnel without having to surface. That in part explains why israel has set up naval blockades in the area. Israel has anti-sub weaponry.

At any rate, these tunnels are big enough hide trucks and munitions.

So it is completely conceivable that israel was firing at one of these moving katyusha rocket launchers and hit the UN observers and it is also possible that the truck deliberately fired from near the "observers" in order to bring international condemnation upon Israel. They are not above using children for this purpose and if they can draw fire in the direction of UN soldiers, then they get propaganda points.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

you know what. I am so sick of the UN. What are their fruits? They are given millions upon millions for what? To make policies that do absoultly nothing? Its pathetic. Not once have these UN or Eu things ever worked. They are always corrupt by the greed of power and money. I dont know why people are even giving there tiem to listen to the UN.

While true, does that give anyone the right to bomb them?

Well it appears that Hizbollah was drawing fire in order to put UN peacekeepers in danger.

There is some thing that people need to understand. Have you ever seen a "Katyusha rocket launcher?" It is a launcher that sits in the bed of a truck. It is Russian WW2 technology that has been upgraded. A Katyusha rocket launcher can launch up to 30 rockets at a single time.

You can drive your truck to your position fire your rockets and you are on your way. These are not static launcher that are bolted to a launch pad somewhere. They are completely mobile.

To make matters worse for the Israelis, Hizbollah and Co. have been building hundreds of tunnels since 1980. A friend from Israel tells me that there is even an underground tunnel built for Russian submarines to dock with. The sub can dock with the tunnel without having to surface. That in part explains why israel has set up naval blockades in the area. Israel has anti-sub weaponry.

At any rate, these tunnels are big enough hide trucks and munitions.

So it is completely conceivable that israel was firing at one of these moving katyusha rocket launchers and hit the UN observers and it is also possible that the truck deliberately fired from near the "observers" in order to bring international condemnation upon Israel. They are not above using children for this purpose and if they can draw fire in the direction of UN soldiers, then they get propaganda points.

I think this sums up kind of what you're saying

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I pray that justice will come to the middle east before peace, because without justice there can be no peace.

Amen! :wub::wub::41::41::41::41::41::41::41::41:

Guest shiloh357

Please show me a post where I have said what I believed about the Israeli conflict. I have said I am researching and don't know what to believe.

I find it ironic that I am the one you attack when someone else on this thread believes that the Lord's Justice is served by killing the family of a man who has committed a crime....very stalinesk.

$1,000 if you can quote me on this where I specifically said that we should kill his family.

In post #9 you said

"If you're going to rely on the Lord's justice, then you should kill off their families as well"

Sorry, but that doesn't work, KatyAnn. AK was not calling for the deaths of the UN familes, and you know it. From the context of the exchange, he was simply noting that if this were Bible days, their families would have been killed as well. Israel's enemeis were annihilated in Canaan. God himself called for that. AK's remark begins with "if." He is saying that if YOU are going to be consistent in using the concept of the Lord's "justice," then you would have to kill off the families of the UN observers. There is nothing in AK's posts that calls for the death anyone's family or children.

Try using an HONEST debate approach instead of this tasteless, tacky, and transparent approach.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Please show me a post where I have said what I believed about the Israeli conflict. I have said I am researching and don't know what to believe.

I find it ironic that I am the one you attack when someone else on this thread believes that the Lord's Justice is served by killing the family of a man who has committed a crime....very stalinesk.

$1,000 if you can quote me on this where I specifically said that we should kill his family.

In post #9 you said

"If you're going to rely on the Lord's justice, then you should kill off their families as well"

Sorry, but that doesn't work, KatyAnn. AK was not calling for the deaths of the UN familes, and you know it. From the context of the exchange, he was simply noting that if this were Bible days, their families would have been killed as well. Israel's enemeis were annihilated in Canaan. God himself called for that. AK's remark begins with "if." He is saying that if YOU are going to be consistent in using the concept of the Lord's "justice," then you would have to kill off the families of the UN observers. There is nothing in AK's posts that calls for the death anyone's family or children.

Try using an HONEST debate approach instead of this tasteless, tacky, and transparent approach.

:whistling:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Hmm . . . I am guessing that UN Soldiers are military with other countries who work for the UN as well? :rolleyes:

The other articles linked are not clear on this.

Just to clear up this side bar; you are correct.

The UN does not have it's own troops. They have troops from nations which are placed under UN command to enforce it's resolutions.

However, since they continually fail to allow these troops to enforce their own resolutions, I don't see the point in sending troops to be under UN control in the first place. :thumbsup:

t.

Thanks, Ted. :emot-hug: