Christian

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I have seen healing and the like take place as normal church function, not as special evangelical events. God still pours out His blessing upon individual bodies of believers who are following after Him with all their hearts, and minds and bodies! He loves the obedient church and He does not neglect or withhold from her!

He inhabits the praises of His people. Where He is worshiped in spirit and in Truth, He shows up.

Wonderful. Prove that this is a good thing using scripture. I don't consider experience valid unless there is scriptural backing.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

AK, are you saying that you don't think healing is a good thing at church? :whistling:

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I do not think it is fair to say that those who do not believe we are bound by scriptural law to attend a church are "anti-church".

I thought we were not bound by the law anymore.

I thought Jesus fulfilled the law and we live by grace now.

Before you put me in a box of being anti-church, please realize that I attend a baptist church 3 times a week and enjoy it.

We do not HAVE to attend a church to be saved. That would be works salvation.

We attend a church fellowship to encourage others in the faith, to organize good works amongst believers and to learn meanings of scripture.

We go to a church because we want to not because we have to.

If we are saved, we belong to the Body of Christ which is the true Church.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well, I have seen healing and the like take place as normal church function, not as special evangelical events. God still pours out His blessing upon individual bodies of believers who are following after Him with all their hearts, and minds and bodies! He loves the obedient church and He does not neglect or withhold from her!

He inhabits the praises of His people. Where He is worshiped in spirit and in Truth, He shows up.

Wonderful. Prove that this is a good thing using scripture. I don't consider experience valid unless there is scriptural backing.

I would think that you wouldn't need proof of the truth of this, being the born again scholar that you are!

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

AK, are you saying that you don't think healing is a good thing at church? :whistling:

Not at all. I'm challenging the idea that, "Well I don't need scripture, I have experience."

I do this with things I agree with as well, to challenge believers to have a Biblical backing....if someone says, "There must be a rational basis to our faith" (which I agree with) and they leave it at that, I'll often challenge him to provide a scriptural backing for such a statement.

THus, when someone comes up and goes, "My experience is this" I look at the Bible and ask, "Okay, now prove it from here."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

AMAZING !!!,

Not only does my thread get hijacked rudely, but a few of you go off on your own little ego quests pontificating to me like I'm some kind of heretic. You have no right to judge me or my reasons for requesting the information that I did. You have NO idea of what I am researching or studying lately. How dare you.

I did not want debate, views or opinions, just specific help on a subject...as I asked. But those who love to hear themselves talk showed themselves and their self importance under the guise of "instruction" yet again.

Don't preach to me about leading young Christians astray as I would NEVER, but instead worry how your heavy hand, and high and mighty opinions might make them feel talked down to. You probably do quite a good job of driving them away yourselves

Thank you to those who humbly offered some of the Scriptures I asked for :whistling:

As far as I am concerned the moderators can close this thread as I can see it going in a direction I did not intend !!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

You know what really bothers me is the fact that "WE" are the church and "WE" are to assemble together and the Word does not say we must come together every Sunday or Saturday but just to come together to edify and to encourage one another. We are to read the word and follow the example we were given by our Lord and also the disciples. Also when you mentioned the "churches" in the bible. That was speaking of territory not names of churches, they all believed the same and that is where Jesus wants us all in the same BODY as ONE. Not baptist or catholic or protestant or any other denomination. In the book of Acts they were in the upper room in ONE ACCORD and that is when the action started happening when they were in one accord not bickering about who was wrong or right in one accord waiting on their promise of the Holy Spirit!!

Now we are suppose to be discussing about how we can come together as one not who is right or wrong if we are brothers and sisters then let's grow up and act like we are suppose to, and love one another and let's see what God has been doing in our lives and edify one another!! Amen?

In love

Rom 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

Rom 16:5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.

1Co 16:19 The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.

Col 4:15 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.

Phm 1:2 And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the church in thy house:

Sounds to me like more than just territories, but rather groups of Christians assembling together to do the work of the Lord as He commanded.....

1Ti 3:14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:

1Ti 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Amen!!

Thanks!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

AMAZING !!!,

Not only does my thread get hijacked rudely, but a few of you go off on your own little ego quests pontificating to me like I'm some kind of heretic. You have no right to judge me or my reasons for requesting the information that I did. You have NO idea of what I am researching or studying lately. How dare you.

I did not want debate, views or opinions, just specific help on a subject...as I asked. But those who love to hear themselves talk showed themselves and their self importance under the guise of "instruction" yet again.

Don't preach to me about leading young Christians astray as I would NEVER, but instead worry how your heavy hand, and high and mighty opinions might make them feel talked down to. You probably do quite a good job of driving them away yourselves

Thank you to those who humbly offered some of the Scriptures I asked for :emot-hug:

As far as I am concerned the moderators can close this thread as I can see it going in a direction I did not intend !!!

Christian,

If you are going to ask a question you are going to get a discussion out of it. That is what this forum is all about. You got scripture here and you got alot more so why are you upset at that? I thought it very good cause it causes people to search the word and get truth for themselves.

Good question and alot of digging hallelujah!! We need to keep searching the word, Amen?

With Love

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey -

When you need Moderator help, the recommended thing to do is contact them directly. You can PM them directly, or hit the Report button and present your request with regard to any posts or threads.

Blessings!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I do not think it is fair to say that those who do not believe we are bound by scriptural law to attend a church are "anti-church".

I thought we were not bound by the law anymore.

I thought Jesus fulfilled the law and we live by grace now.

Before you put me in a box of being anti-church, please realize that I attend a baptist church 3 times a week and enjoy it.

We do not HAVE to attend a church to be saved. That would be works salvation.

We attend a church fellowship to encourage others in the faith, to organize good works amongst believers and to learn meanings of scripture.

We go to a church because we want to not because we have to.

If we are saved, we belong to the Body of Christ which is the true Church.

While good works do not save us, James clearly tells us that true faith results in good works in some fashion. In the same vein, a Christian who reject's Christ's church (and the true church you speak of clearly includes the physical church, buildings and all) most likely is not a genuine believer. If one is a believer, then it would be painful for them not to hear the preaching of God's Word, not to partake of Christ's sacraments and not to fellowship with other believers.

For those who demand "miracles" at church, I can turn on TBN any day and watch plenty of miracles. Of course they are all phony and you will never hear the real gospel at all. What seems clear by watching these snake oil salesmen is that churches that demand and focus on the miracles never preach God's law and gospel and are not true churches anyway.

sw