IGNORED

Recovering from being hurt by the Church

Guest truepurpose
If God's telling you to stay, it must be for a reason. Maybe He wants you to be the one to bring in that loving attitude that's missing? :noidea:

That may be. You know it is hard when the leader that you want to embrace you -- just beats you. It's hard. It's hard to see a purpose there and true deliverance from God when others ostracize you for your issues and then they become "cliquish". One person whispered and said to me one day "I'm with you". They see the way I am treated...I guess they feel the same way, I dont know...but they smile over their issues maybe.

I see that God may be desiring that I become more like Him in this. That makes me feel good and in a way seems to be a privilege. But all of those who claimed they loved me, even the man i was going to marry there....seemed to have turned away from me.

It hurts bad....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest truepurpose

truepurpose,

Are you an intercessor (I know we are all called to interceed for one another) but does God call you into intense time of prayer for issues or people. Sometimes you may be sent to pray over the situation.

Yes Candi, I am an intercessor. I have failed to intercede properly for this situation due to

1. I didn't want to pray the wrong thing

2. Not wanting to manipulate the situation spiritually

3. Not wanting the situation to change (for me, just because I'M going through)

4. Just unsure

Several of the problems I have encountered have been sheer misunderstandings...due to jealousy and personality conflicts. So I said to myself, why pray for that to change when it's someone's personality, jealous feelings or insecurity that causes the problems?

So in all this uncertainty...I did not pray for this situation but for other situations.

I want to be in a place where I can be properly fathered and mentored spiritually and serve leaders in a proper way, with Love.

There are many times I did not feel love for them, due to the intense rejections, criticisms, looks, ostracizing, favoritisms, words that seemed out of turn spoken in sermons, people that thought I was "more than them".......when all I wanted was God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Truepurpose,

The Holy Spirit can properly mentor you and lead you on your course in life. It sounds like you are going through-just continue to go through-don't stop in it. Let the people watch what the Lord does in your life. With his strength you can weather anything. Stand firm.

Sometimes in intercession the Lord will reveal what the big picture or what a problem may be in the church-He will lead you how to pray. Ask Him.

But, truly those christians who are in sin-need to be lifted in prayer. Not for our benefit and not only for their benefit but for the Kingdom. It only takes one spoiled apple to mess up the bunch-see the clicks that form-yuckkkkkk!! A whole lot of nasty apples.

I pray the Lord reveal to you what to do and how to proceed-whatever happens-keep the faith and stand firm!!

blessings

candi