artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

"So as it was in the days of Noah,"........amazing how one little verse makes it quite clear :) I can't believe that I missed that one. It's sure starting to make sense now isn't it. As it was is as it will be again.

Keep going...I'm with John on this one...this is a glued to the seat read :P Not scared no more...nope not at all. :hug:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Philippians 4: 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

It is enough to know that this stuff is not Godly. I think there is a danger in focusing too much on aliens and UFOs. I agree they are demonic, but I am not sold on all your scriptural backing on this. I hope new Christians are not being led astray in their walks with the Lord in focusing on this, instead of keeping their eyes on the prize, as scripture states.

Guest LCPGUY
It is enough to know that this stuff is not Godly. I think there is a danger in focusing too much on aliens and UFOs. I agree they are demonic, but I am not sold on all your scriptural backing on this. I hope new Christians are not being led astray in their walks with the Lord in focusing on this, instead of keeping their eyes on the prize, as scripture states.

I would tend to disagree with you Ayin.

I think this is a very important topic that Christians need to be aware of and not deceived by the UFO cults. Many have left the Church to join these UFO clubs/cults.

I agree with you that I also hope Christians are not led astray. That is precisely what this thread is trying to accomplish, i.e., to lead people to the truth so they don

I question whether or not what is being discussed is the truth. So far it merely sounds like speculation accepted as truth.

It is enough to know that UFOs are demonic and intended to decieve. Beyond that, I think there is too much focus on the subject.

Just my opinion, and I know virtually none of you agree with me on this.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I question whether or not what is being discussed is the truth. So far it merely sounds like speculation accepted as truth.

It's not pure speculation by any means. We are, in fact, studying scripture and deriving the theory from what is there. We are looking at the context of the scriptures.

Interpretting scripture within its context can't really be considered speculation, can it? If yes, you can certainly say that the Sethite view is speculation as well. In fact, there actually does seem to be a lot of speculation when it comes to the Sethite view, because there is NOTHING within the context of scripture to suggest that the sons of God were sons of Seth? Unless there's something within that viewpoint that has not been discussed or brought forward yet.

In any case, in mho, I think the Nephilim theory, hands down, is the best interpretation of the scriptures given the information we have - ie - the context of the scripture. I wouldn't stake my life on this theory either, mind you, but it seems to fit far better than the Sethite theory. As stated a few times, this Nephilim theory was the accepted one up until 500 years after Christ. The Sethite view was created because the Nephilim theory was being ridiculed - sure - who wants to believe in angels and fallen angels having relations with humans? Sure, it sounds ridiculous to the human thought process. That doesn't mean it's not true, however. Liberal scholars of many ages have changed their interpretation of the Bible to make it fit with modern thought - evolution is a good example of this. The liberal scholars of today would like to interpret the 'days' of Genesis one to mean a very long time period. But what theory fits best - the original or the one that fits with modern thought? The original, in my opinion.

But of course, you are entitled to your opinion as well. I guess you must hold to the Sethite view then, which has already been discussed. If you want to continue discussing this theory and about how well you think it fits with scripture why not just start another thread? Or is there yet another viewpoint that you would like to share? Maybe there's a third theory out there that is better yet. I'm certainly interested in hearing yet another alternative theory as to what 'sons of God' means, if you have one.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

:blink:

What-chuuu actin' so innocent about, Glad?? bouncyhalo.gif:rofl:

Philippians 4: 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

I do love this verse brother! It's one I use myself often and have suggested to others different times. However, it doesn't necessarily fit with the verses about there being a time to weep and a time to mourn either, or about the many verses that warn us of our adversary and tell us how to combat him. Does the Bible contradict itself? No. The Bible is a spiritual book of help to believers. Those who are depressed would do well to concentrate on the above verse to help them get their mind straightened out and stop dwelling on the negative things. But.... the believer knows that to everything there is a season. Maybe there's a season to learn about deception so that we can expose it. Certainly, this would be that very season, wouldn't you agree??

If you're worried that we're all going to Ref's place to put on matching jogging suits and shoes and wait for the hailbob comet to beam us up wilst taking poison - rest assured brother! lol. We're just learning some Biblical history here and we're learning how it fits with today's times.

We all are Christians. We all know Christ's return is very soon! I think that what motivates most of us here is a genuine, God-given caring and love for the unsaved! The ones who are about to be deceived!!! I'm surprised everyone doesn't want to learn more, so that we can warn others. Why is this so hard?? I don't get it! It's your choice - You can decide not to read your newspaper, watch the evening news or talk to a depressed friend so that you can constantly dwell on the good the noble, the right, etc. but I am perfectly able to maintain a positive outlook and completely trust God my Savior while learning something about the adversary and how he is working in the end times. Why? So that I can help others who will be left behind.

Anyway, I'm not even very knowledgeable in this stuff at all, but wouldn't mind learning more, but it's difficult when we have to continually defend ourselves. What is going on???

I hope new Christians are not being led astray in their walks with the Lord in focusing on this, instead of keeping their eyes on the prize, as scripture states.

Well, maybe this is powerful information to witnessing to those who've been abducted or had sightings! Or to those who are fascinated with the whole phenomenon! There are millions of people like this!! I've had thoughts of learning more and infiltrating their sites with truth - all of those confused scared minds. Think of it! But before I do this, I'd really like to better equip myself with scripture and understanding! And this becomes quite difficult to learn because we're constantly in a state of defending ourselves here.

It's not pure speculation by any means.

So far, I have heard many of you post that this is truth, not speculation or even theory.

Well, it seems that there are two theories and it seems that one fits better. There I go with that "seems like" that another poster didn't like for some reason.

I also wondered if this is an example of forcing scripture to fit viewpoints rather than drawing the meaning from scripture.

No, I really don't beleive that is the case at all. Please express why you think that? Which scripture do you feel is being interpreted incorrectly and why?

(Sorry, Ref. I know you want to get on with bigger and better things here, but I'll stay behind and continue this discussion)

The vehemence of the posts here puzzle me.

That's funny because another poster who completely disagreed with this theory, criticised my use of the words "seems like", which is the exact opposite of vehemence!!!! Darned if you do and darned if you don't. lol.

If you read all that I have ever posted, you would see that I have never said I believe in the Sethite view.

If you read my post, you would have seen that I figured you were coming from the Sethite view, but if not and you had another alternative viewpoint, please post it! lol

It is a view I have not even heard of until this thread. With that, I will leave you to your thread.

And I'm sorry for thinking you were a brother. :blink: But don't feel you have to run away.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

:il: Ayin,

I can understand you view...however...theres always a however/but isn't there? :D

I have to say that the kind of person I am...if I was involved with a UFO cult or some such, and someone told me that it was demons...I would want something to back up their claims...I think that is what artsy and ref are doing...and I might add doing a great job...now I wouldn't reccommend that they write a book and tout it as fact...but it is a great theory, one that may have more merit than anyone is willing to accept...even me :x:

Just my two cents.... :hug:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

And what kind of cult I was thinking of above is the one that uses the bible to teach that aliens are angels and are what is going to pick us up at rapture...there are those out there that believe that. I hope that one of them reads this thread and starts to rethink their belief. Whats the verse that was used...the wheel in the sky? Gee I can't remember it.