• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Many regard it as a heresy because it has the audacity to simply BELIEVE GOD'S WORD AS IT WAS SPOKEN.

If what is spoken aloud contradicts what is plainly written in scripture then it is not God that is speaking it. period.

The things spoken aloud, such as what was listed in the first few posts on this topic, are heresy. Therefore it was not God speaking it.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Before he died on the cross he was sexually abused by the Roman gaurds.(KC)"

What?!? :thumbsup::) I've heard a good majority of the heritical teachings having grown up in a WoF church and having been dragged to charasmatic revival meetings, but this is one I had not heard. :thumbsup:

I personally did not hear that one, it was posted by someone else and it was not documented so I don't know when he said it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

Unfortunately, because it's taught in Charismatic and Pentecostal type churches and those who criticise it typically are cessationists, many mistake an attack on Word Faith as an attack on our more bouncy brothers and sisters.

This is so true!

Thank you for pointing this out.

And I hope people understand.

Good Morning to all my American Brothers and sisters in Christ.

I read with interest this thread but I woukd like to point something out. I come from the UK, I have been a Christian for 30 years plus and I attend and have always attended a Pentecostal Church where, over the years I have been involved in various capacities such as Youth Leader, Deacon, Church council Member, Sunday school teacher, Preacher, councillor, exorcist and many other things too. Over twenty years ago I set up and ran untill recently a " counter cult" ministrt called Broadsword Ministries this was aimed at rescuing people from cults such as the mormons, J.Ws, moonies etc and also training christians in how to deal with the occult and how to share their faith with people involved in the cults. Much of this revolved around teaching the basics of our faith such as the Trinity, The Deity of Christ, the substitutionary atoning death etc... I have personally debated JW elders on the doctrine of the Trinity and the practices and beliefs of the watchtower bible and tract society on many occasions. To the extent where our local JW's were warned not to speak to me, in fact they used to carry a photograph of my wife Peggy and myself around the doors warning people about me. One of the topics that I was asked to speak on most around churches in the UK was not the JW's as many of you may believe, but the Word Faith Movement and its excesses, along with the Church Growth Movement, the (so called) Toronto blessing and many other abberations within the Church.

I wholeheartedly agree with, and have taught on many occasions the heresies of the word faith doctrines that are exposed in this thread and would add to these also the purpose driven nonsense, and the alpha course.

The reason I am saying all this is to show you that not all pentecostals are taken in by these false teachings, some of the pentecostal churches here in the UK do believe the lie but not all of them by any means.

Just thought that I would point that out.

Love & Grace

Neil

The reason I am saying all this is to show you that not all pentecostals are taken in by these false teachings, some of the pentecostal churches here in the UK do believe the lie but not all of them by any means.

Just thought that I would point that out.

Love & Grace

Neil

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Not all of the pentecostal and charismatic churches here in the US do either. Heresy can show up anywhere the local body does not take the time to study and teach the true definitions of God, Christ, Man, sin and atonement (among other things), no matter what the sign on the door.

Unfortunately though, there are many misunderstandings.

Some assume that because the movement shows up in churches affiliated with certain denominations that are within the bounds of orthodoxy in and of themselves, that the movement must be orthodox as well (Orthodoxy being standard non-heretical Christian doctrine, not a denominational name) when it is not.

Some assume that because the movement shows up in these otherwise good churches that the churches themselves are heretical. Both extremes are wrong.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Many regard it as a heresy because it has the audacity to simply BELIEVE GOD'S WORD AS IT WAS SPOKEN.

If what is spoken aloud contradicts what is plainly written in scripture then it is not God that is speaking it. period.

The things spoken aloud, such as what was listed in the first few posts on this topic, are heresy. Therefore it was not God speaking it.

Methinks thou throwest out the baby with the bathwater

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Leonard, you haven't stated what parts you agree with.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Aren't all heresies dangerous?

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Leonard, you haven't stated what parts you agree with.

Sorry, but we've had this discussion ad infinitum et ad nauseum. I've dropped the last pearl I'm going to in this sort of discussion.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Amen, brother.

Aren't all heresies dangerous?

Of course, however, most heresies are outside of the church or held to by rogue denominations, this particular one gets passed along inside the walls of churches which are normally within the realm of orthodoxy. For example, Assemblies of God are not heretical denominations. I disagree with quite a bit taught there because I'm not charismatic and I am not a pretrib rapture person. However, there is nothing heretical about those things.

My first contact with WOF happened with a guest speaker at an AOG church. He wasn't a head-liner like Capps or Hinn or Copeland, just a local travelling preacher. The man returned at least twice before he taught heresy, and it took the pastor of that church two months of teaching to explain why the sermon was heretical. Even then, the congregation pushed for him to return and at least a third left the church for an independent one who had him there on a regular basis.

This is why this one is particularly dangerous. Some churches do not take the time to investigate the teachings of heretical teachers like Hinn before they invite them to speak at their assemblies.