• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

WRONG...

you check the thread to find out who post that... i just quoted that one... my reply to that comment is "Your judgement is poor and I hope you'll be forgiven."

as a Christian i would never say such words to people here...

If you are trying to work for your salvation, you are NOT a Christian.

Hey.. why you are still at me in this post.. it is ronald who said your statement is ridiculous... why not comment on that...

and about your comment just now... read my post...

And you are a liar as I said nothing of the sort.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

Actually there is scripture to support "I have been saved, I am saved, and I will be saved". These are the verses and My interpretation of them. I know the majority here will disagree, and I am not going to argue. I will post the verses, you can read them and then read the responses and come to your own conclusions. I have found debating on this forum not to be fruitful.

God Bless,

K.D.

. I Have Been Saved (past event)

Rom. 8:24 - for in this hope we were saved (but, again, why "hope" if salvation is a certainty?)

Eph. 2:5,8 - for by grace you have been saved through faith.

2 Tim. 1:9 - He saved us and called us through grace and not by virtue of our own works outside of His grace.

Titus 3:5 - He saved us in virtue of His own mercy, and not by our deeds.

. I Am Being Saved (present event)

1 Cor. 1:18 - for the word of the cross is folly to those perishing, but for to us who are being saved, it is the power of God. Salvation is not a one-time event. It is a process of perseverance through faith, hope and love.

2 Cor. 2:15 - for we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved. Salvation is a continual process.

Phil. 2:12 - we are working out our salvation through fear and trembling. Salvation is an ongoing process.

1 Peter 1:9 - you obtain the salvation of your souls as the outcome of your faith. Working out our salvation in fear and trembling is a lifelong process.

I Will Be Saved (future event)

Matt. 10:22, 24:13; Mark 13:13 - again, Jesus taught that we must endure to the very end to be saved. Salvation is a past, present and future event (not a one-time event at an altar call).

Mark 16:16

Guest shiloh357
Actually there is scripture to support "I have been saved, I am saved, and I will be saved". These are the verses and My interpretation of them. I know the majority here will disagree, and I am not going to argue. I will post the verses, you can read them and then read the responses and come to your own conclusions. I have found debating on this forum not to be fruitful.

God Bless,

K.D.

. I Have Been Saved (past event)

Rom. 8:24 - for in this hope we were saved (but, again, why "hope" if salvation is a certainty?)

Eph. 2:5,8 - for by grace you have been saved through faith.

2 Tim. 1:9 - He saved us and called us through grace and not by virtue of our own works outside of His grace.

Titus 3:5 - He saved us in virtue of His own mercy, and not by our deeds.

. I Am Being Saved (present event)

1 Cor. 1:18 - for the word of the cross is folly to those perishing, but for to us who are being saved, it is the power of God. Salvation is not a one-time event. It is a process of perseverance through faith, hope and love.

2 Cor. 2:15 - for we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved. Salvation is a continual process.

Phil. 2:12 - we are working out our salvation through fear and trembling. Salvation is an ongoing process.

1 Peter 1:9 - you obtain the salvation of your souls as the outcome of your faith. Working out our salvation in fear and trembling is a lifelong process.

I Will Be Saved (future event)

Matt. 10:22, 24:13; Mark 13:13 - again, Jesus taught that we must endure to the very end to be saved. Salvation is a past, present and future event (not a one-time event at an altar call).

Mark 16:16

• Group:  Royal Member

Salvation is a process.
:24: to Shiloh on that one!!!! :wub::24::24:

We, hopefully at least, are ever growing in the Lord. I totally committed my life to Him 5 years ago and I am nowhere near where I was 5 years ago, PTL!!! Was I saved 5 years ago? Of course!!!! But I have grown in Him by leaps and bounds.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You read that??? some of the members of the Church of God were once that bad...NOW... my question is... AFTER YOU WERE SANCTIFIED, CLEANSED, JUSTIFIED, you decided to TOTALLY STOP obeying God, what will happen???

I have a feeling we have a misunderstanding here. :wub:

There is a difference between willfully chosing to disobey God - which is out-and-out rebellion,

and willful actions which are results of weaknesses, insecurities, 'ignornace', etc.

There's a difference in motive between the two, but we are still held accountable for our actions no matter what the motive.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Salvation is a process.
:24: to Shiloh on that one!!!! :wub::24::24:

We, hopefully at least, are ever growing in the Lord. I totally committed my life to Him 5 years ago and I am nowhere near where I was 5 years ago, PTL!!! Was I saved 5 years ago? Of course!!!! But I have grown in Him by leaps and bounds.

AMEN to that. I have grown leaps for now just in the last few months, I hope for bounds soon though!! :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

[

Yes, but you must understand that "saved" is used in different ways depending on context. "Saved" does not always refer to spiritual salvation, in Scripture. Sometimes it is used in the sense of preservation, sometimes it is used to denote salvation from physcial danger. Each of the verses you provide have to be examined in the context they appear in Scripture. It is not good enough to just pepper people with verses.

Furthermore Salvation occurs in three stagges, Justification, Sanctification and Glorification. We are justified the moment we received Christ as savior, and we are both sanctified in the spirit and undergo the daily process of sanctification in form of deliverance from old habits, thoughts, etc. We are still awaiting the final fullness of our salvation, and that is our glorified bodies. There is a past, present and future tense to salvation, but not three separate experiences. It is three stages of the same salvation. Salvation is a process. The Holy Spirit in us, Paul says, is the earnest or downpayment of our inheritance.

Justification...lets take a further look.

Faith Justifies Initially, but Works Perfect and Complete Justification

James 2:24 - the phrase "faith alone" (the Greek "pisteos monon") only occurs once in the Bible. "Man is justified by works and NOT faith alone." , No where in Scripture does it say that man is justified or saved by "faith alone." To the contrary, man is not justified by faith alone. A person is justified by faith and works acting together, which comes solely from God

You read that??? some of the members of the Church of God were once that bad...NOW... my question is... AFTER YOU WERE SANCTIFIED, CLEANSED, JUSTIFIED, you decided to TOTALLY STOP obeying God, what will happen???

I have a feeling we have a misunderstanding here. :wub:

There is a difference between willfully chosing to disobey God - which is out-and-out rebellion,

and willful actions which are results of weaknesses, insecurities, 'ignornace', etc.

There's a difference in motive between the two, but we are still held accountable for our actions no matter what the motive.

:24: :24: :24: :24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Kansas,

You post it well...

I hope we meet at the end of the road :wub:

Godbless!

Antz

Guest shiloh357
Justification...lets take a further look.

Faith Justifies Initially, but Works Perfect and Complete Justification

James 2:24 - the phrase "faith alone" (the Greek "pisteos monon") only occurs once in the Bible. "Man is justified by works and NOT faith alone." , No where in Scripture does it say that man is justified or saved by "faith alone." To the contrary, man is not justified by faith alone. A person is justified by faith and works acting together, which comes solely from God