IGNORED

Cutting...what would you do?

Guest tickle_me_blue

Guest tickle_me_blue

What would you do, if a young person you knew was cutting themselves? What would you do it they raised their arm one day and you saw the cuts because their sleeve went down a bit? What would you do if they confided in you that they were cutting themselves?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tickle_me_blue

What would you do if a young person you know was cutting themselves? What if you just noticed the cuts one day? What if they confided in you? I'm making this topic, because people seem to really have different ideas on how to deal with this issue.

Edited by tickle_me_blue

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

What would you do if a young person you know was cutting themselves? What if you just noticed the cuts one day? What if they confided in you? I'm making this topic, because people seem to really have different ideas on how to deal with this issue.

That is so very serious because they could get toxic poisioning from whatever it is they are cutting themselves with. I would take it extremely serious because there is definately a problem there. Young people often cut themselves because they are ashamed of something and feel if they hurt themselves they deserve the pain. There is something mixed up in their head that is telling them that they are worthless and have nothing to offer. They are in pain. They need a confidant, more importantly they need to seek out a couselor or psychologist and try to find the meaning for this action. It could be something tragic has happened and this person is trying desperately to repress it. I'd also reccomend that this person get a tetnus shot for saftey reasons. And give this person a lot of love, caring, support and encouragement to find help. She/he may grow out of it but in the meantime it could harm them greatly.

What would you do, if a young person you knew was cutting themselves? What would you do it they raised their arm one day and you saw the cuts because their sleeve went down a bit? What would you do if they confided in you that they were cutting themselves?

where did my post disappear too?

I had written to you tickle that it is a serious problem. The reason young people cut themselves is because they feel worthless or are desperately trying to repress a tragic experience. She/He needs to seek out professional help and needs the support and encouragement of friends. Also, depending on what they are using to cut themselves, I would suggest seeing a doctor and get a tetnus shot for saftey reasons. There could be poisioning from a dirty blade. Sometimes as they get older they grow out of it. But cutting yourself to want to feel pain is extremely serious and should be handled with care and encouragement and love.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

In agreement with Cjrose, to add to that, sometimes it is also a control matter, ie; other parts of their life are out of control, or beyond their control, and cutting themselves is the only thing that they can solely control.

But how to deal with this, or assist in getting it stopped, i'm not sure, i think it would change with the individual.

In agreement with Cjrose, to add to that, sometimes it is also a control matter, ie; other parts of their life are out of control, or beyond their control, and cutting themselves is the only thing that they can solely control.

But how to deal with this, or assist in getting it stopped, i'm not sure, i think it would change with the individual.

Great point Anne. Control and knowing you can have the power of it causes not only cutting but other disorders such as eating disorders more specically. Key point. Control. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Kudos :whistling:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

My sister started cutting herself when she was at school. The friends she'd had since Primary School for some reason started being horrible to her and didn't want to be her friend anymore.

She found councilling helped, and she found new friends who supported and helped her through it. She had a lot of support from family too.

Support the person in any way you can and gently suggest councilling to them.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

What you do depends on who you are, who they are to you, and how serious the cutting is.

Most likely they have been rejected by one or both parents and want to emotionally get out of the situation. The physical pain helps them not feel emotional pain. They need a pastor who is close to the Lord to help deliver and counsel them from this. A psychiartrist would be needed if they cannot be talked through it with the pastor or yourself. It is a mental condition to hide the emotional pain.

It depends on their age as well... to whom you should go to. If they are a teenager, probably in high school, the school counselor or nurse can help if they trust them. A good teacher may be there.

Either way.... this is not ok to do to themselves.

I wonder if the demoniac who went about the place cutting himself sought the counsel of a psychologist.....

My God people, can you NOT see that cutting is symptomatic of Baal Worship....The demoniac went about the tombs cutting himself with stones.....

When did he stop cutting himself...????? When he SAW Jesus. Just as those who worshipped Baal at Mount Carmel in the time of Elijah sought the attention of their god by cutting themselves....ANYONE who is cutting themselves is seeking to find some attention. YES they are in pain and YES they more than likely have some hidden trauma in their lives, but NO psychologist is going to help....

When are Christians EVER going to look to Jesus....????? For Gods sake people.....Psychologists refer to psychiatrists, and psychiatrists refer to medication...That is NOT help.. It is not dealing with the issues at hand. All medication does is suppress the illness...It in NO way deals with it at all...

There is a demonic spirit behind those who cut themselves, even if THEY dont realise it. It was only Christ who set the demoniac free....and he had so many demons oppressing him, he was given the name "Legion" , for we are many..

I have a question for the church, and it has phased me and bothered me from day one of my salvation.......

Im going to post it here and now because I feel it needs to be asked....

If WE as the body of Christ have been given the authority and the power to cast out demons, lay hands on people and see them healed, trample snakes and scorpions......If WE the Church have the answer to all the evils of the world, then why the hell is it that the WORLD is the only ones looking after them...????

Where is that power and where is that authority when all we do is confine them to institutions because we havent got a damn clue what to do about it...??

Could this have something to do with Pauls scriptures about "having a form of godliness and religion YET denying the POWER....????"

I must ask.....Because quite frankly, I am sick and tired of watching people fade away and die, when WE the church the body of Christ are supposed to be the ones looking after them...

I do NOT doubt the goodness of God. I do NOT doubt the POWER of God....What I DO doubt is how we as Christians do NOT fully live the very lives we profess to believe in.

WE HAVE BECOME JUST LIKE THE WORLD........and it GRIEVES me no end...

This may seem harsh, but it needed to be said. Im sorry if I have stepped on anyones toes...and make NO mistake...I am pointing fingers at myself also.

Regards,

Ben.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/08/1966

What you do depends on who you are, who they are to you, and how serious the cutting is.

Most likely they have been rejected by one or both parents and want to emotionally get out of the situation. The physical pain helps them not feel emotional pain. They need a pastor who is close to the Lord to help deliver and counsel them from this. A psychiartrist would be needed if they cannot be talked through it with the pastor or yourself. It is a mental condition to hide the emotional pain.

It depends on their age as well... to whom you should go to. If they are a teenager, probably in high school, the school counselor or nurse can help if they trust them. A good teacher may be there.

Either way.... this is not ok to do to themselves.

I wonder if the demoniac who went about the place cutting himself sought the counsel of a psychologist.....

My God people, can you NOT see that cutting is symptomatic of Baal Worship....The demoniac went about the tombs cutting himself with stones.....

When did he stop cutting himself...????? When he SAW Jesus. Just as those who worshipped Baal at Mount Carmel in the time of Elijah sought the attention of their god by cutting themselves....ANYONE who is cutting themselves is seeking to find some attention. YES they are in pain and YES they more than likely have some hidden trauma in their lives, but NO psychologist is going to help....

When are Christians EVER going to look to Jesus....????? For Gods sake people.....Psychologists refer to psychiatrists, and psychiatrists refer to medication...That is NOT help.. It is not dealing with the issues at hand. All medication does is suppress the illness...It in NO way deals with it at all...

There is a demonic spirit behind those who cut themselves, even if THEY dont realise it. It was only Christ who set the demoniac free....and he had so many demons oppressing him, he was given the name "Legion" , for we are many..

I have a question for the church, and it has phased me and bothered me from day one of my salvation.......

Im going to post it here and now because I feel it needs to be asked....

If WE as the body of Christ have been given the authority and the power to cast out demons, lay hands on people and see them healed, trample snakes and scorpions......If WE the Church have the answer to all the evils of the world, then why the hell is it that the WORLD is the only ones looking after them...????

Where is that power and where is that authority when all we do is confine them to institutions because we havent got a damn clue what to do about it...??

Could this have something to do with Pauls scriptures about "having a form of godliness and religion YET denying the POWER....????"

I must ask.....Because quite frankly, I am sick and tired of watching people fade away and die, when WE the church the body of Christ are supposed to be the ones looking after them...

I do NOT doubt the goodness of God. I do NOT doubt the POWER of God....What I DO doubt is how we as Christians do NOT fully live the very lives we profess to believe in.

This may seem harsh, but it needed to be said. Im sorry if I have stepped on anyones toes...and make NO mistake...I am pointing fingers at myself also.

Regards,

Ben.

Ben, even if your words are harsh, they are only harsh because of the righteous anger that must boil in God's own veins..for we were left in charge of the people..yet so few step out of their comfort zones to do it. No your words are accurate.

I am right there with you brother.. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

where did my post disappear too?

I had written to you tickle that it is a serious problem. The reason young people cut themselves is because they feel worthless or are desperately trying to repress a tragic experience. She/He needs to seek out professional help and needs the support and encouragement of friends. Also, depending on what they are using to cut themselves, I would suggest seeing a doctor and get a tetnus shot for saftey reasons. There could be poisioning from a dirty blade. Sometimes as they get older they grow out of it. But cutting yourself to want to feel pain is extremely serious and should be handled with care and encouragement and love.

cjrose....If you havent worked it out yet, there are two threads with the same title..Your post has not disappeared...This simply is not the thread you posted it on.

Regards,

Ben.