• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Survival mode? Can't experience bad without good, or good without bad?

Dood, are you talking to the dense one? :21:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

It grieves me dood to think for a single second that you think all that I said was "humourous".

It grieves me more than you could possibly ever know...

Go and work in the industry and have a look with your own eyes at what statistics DONT tell you....!!!

Try and find the records of patients who died in ICU because of imbalance in medication quantities or mixing medications that should never have been mixed..

Many of these people dood are John or Jane Does who have no family or friends and gently and quitetly slip through the system. They leave unnanounced with no one to claim them. You wont hear about those people in your statistics because no one cares...Not the govt, nor the mental health system...Sure theyre doing the best they can with what theyve got.....Unfortunately however they are not Jesus.

I dont find humourous at all the words Ive shared with you dood.....Believe me, I wish they were NOT true, but unlike you, Im not prepared close my eyes to the Truth and hope it all works out some other way. I dont laugh at the deaths of thousands who have been mistreated, mis diagnosed and subjected to some of the most painful and horriffic medications there are out there for what is ultimately an Experimental drug industry....Did you know dood that there is not one current medication being served up that has long term study results before it is administered......These people are merely experiments for the multi billion dollar drug industry...The winners here dood as always are the pharmaceutical companies.. I tend to look a little deeper into issues than you dood...You may have your snorkel and flippers on, but I've been to the ocean floor with my scuba gear....What you SEE from the surfacel, is a whole lot different from what you see on the ocean floor....And as I have already stated....I speak from experience....NOT statistics you will never find anywhere...

You want to see for yourself...?? Go and work in the industry...Ill hit you with another interesting UNstated fact.....Most psychiatrists end up in the very institutions they have been serving in. You see..Everyone has a breaking point....Its just a matter of where you look when you are BROKEN..

Look to Jesus.

Regards,

Ben.

Well put Ben you hit the nail with the head. I compeletely Agree. I know that GlaxoSmithKline has been and is being sued over the hidden information inregards to paxil. I'm not ignorant of the facts. Many do die. But not at the hands of the counsellors whom are trying to help people. These people are baising their information for mixing up cocktails on what is suppose to be regulated but has flaws which is what is creating the problems.

These meds are pretty much made in this order

Scientist makes it ---> manufactor -----> mass marketing ----> doctor's

and the mass market's are representatives employed by the manufactor who employ's the scientist which creates the trust relationship between the 4. one slips up people suffer and that's usually the commision workers err mass marketers with cheap degrees. :21:

This is where i asked for statistics and clearification on your part. I don't listen to strong claims without proof behind it.

Anything in regards to spiritual claims I generally always ask for proof. Same goes for amazing medical claims. I am sorry I have heard so many demon stories over the years that were nearly always proven false that I automatically throw that information out the window. I can't help it. Heard the false story to many times. The ones that couldn't be proven false, couldn't be proven true either.

Anyhow this is where I get lost in conversation with you

"Psychology and Phsychiatry is responsible for KILLING "thousands and thousands more people that it has ever laid claim to saving..Do you know WHY..?"

These deaths are not directly responsible to the Doctors who are trying to help them. The blood is on the hands of bad information given to the doctors. This is the same problem with some cases of paxil. The paper trail is leading to GlaxoSmithCline for lying to the doctors. The Psyschologist and Phsyshiatrics can't be blamed they had nothing todo with these deaths.

dood, Im not apportioning blame to anyone...Im simply showing or demonstrating how phsychologists and psychiatrists are NOT the solution to the problem because ultimately the cure must target the cause if it is to be of any effect at all..That is why the only cure for sin is repentance.

If the cure doesnt target the real cause then it ceases to be a cure at all...

Im merely pointing out that what needs to be made is a CORRECT DIAGNOSIS.....I do not in any way trivialise the effects of medication or the effects of illness.

I am not doubting a persons sincerity or desire to be healed and Im not doubting that there are many who are living what appears to be a good quality of life thanks to some forms of medication. Not all illnesses seem to be spiritual, but some ARE...A Lot of them ARE...I live with a paranoid schitzophrenic and I have seen his highs and his Lows...He is a God fearing man and yet I have seen him in one of his phychotic episodes do and say some of the most ungodly things I have ever witnessed from a person. He is really quite big and scary and the illness enhances his anger to a point where it can get quite frightening. Even HE however acknowledges that there is something spiritual behind it as he can never remember those bad things he did...

I dont believe in exorcism as the movies or Roman Catholic religion portray it, but I do believe in deliverance as Jesus delivered many people from spiritual bondage. Many of those people had a spiritual issue with the physical manifestation of that illness being the catalyst for deliverance in the first place. A spiritual issue will always have a physical outworking otherwise you will never recognize it as an illness. Jesus cast a demon out of the boy who it is written "had a spirit that would cast him to the ground and try to throw him into the fire and cause him to convulse and have uncontrollable spasms...You see it is self destruction that is the evidence of something UNclean in a person. This boy sounds like he had epilepsy....The doctors will prescribe a pill, and this might suppress the epilepsy, but he cannot cure it.....A right diagnosis might require spiritual deliverance...To deny deliverance is to deny the teachings of Christ himself..

I dont understand it, nor do I know how it works, but I do know that it is biblically correct...

It is something we must not ignore. If we DO, then we are only going to succeed in ignoring what is ultimately the teachings of Christ on this subject of possession. Who needs deliverance and who doesnt remains my question..I am not closed to the teachings of Christ of which I do not understand..

On the contrary...I WANT to understand....Who wouldnt...????

From my own experience dood there are two types of spiritual bondage and ONLY two......

There are those who have sinned and are bound by the curse of that sin. (cursed be any man who does not keep all of these commandments which I am giving you this day--anyone who doesnt have Christ is still bound by the curse of the Law.)

and secondly there are those who have been SINNED AGAINST and hang on to or harbour UNforgiveness or bitterness toward those who have sinned against them.

Ultimately the illnesses that manifest as a result of these two circumstances will be called "mental illness" because no one is able to cure a spiritual bondage circumstance.

They will always feed it with a pill. Unless Jesus intervenes..

Regards,

Ben.

cjrose,

My apologies if I have hurt your feelings...I did not mean to do so..

Please forgive me. I do not trivialise your illness OR your medication that gives you quality of life.

I simply want US as Christians NOT to ignore the very real issue of spiritual bondage.

Regards,

Ben.

Then, Ben, you must be asking yourself why God doesn't heal those poor people on kidney dialysis or those suffering people with cancer or the little child who catches AIDS through a blood transfusion, because those things are the same as the conditions that CJ and I have-MEDICAL, PHYSICAL. I guess you didn't read all the way through my earlier post. Some people's brains don't produce the right chemicals. It's physical. Jesus CAN heal everything. He doesn't heal everything. He heals who He wants, when He wants, how He wants. He doesn't heal everyone who asks Him. Sometimes He has plans to work on our spiritual condition through our physical ailments. Just ask Paul why God never removed that pesky thorn in his side. There are some things like those I listed above that have no cure, only treatment. For me, it's as good as a cure. It's the way God's chosen to make me whole. Who am I to quarrel with God? Yes, I've asked Him for healing, and this is the answer He gave me. I'm Not dissatisfied. I'm grateful He's given me a way to live free from fear and anger and pain. I'm definetely not a zombie, if you've read any of my posts. I am free indeed. You might not think so but that's between me and God, isn't it? I seek God everyday, Ben. I love my Lord so very much and thank Him for the miracles he's worked in my life.

Blessings...

Billie....Yes indeed, very much so...As I stated previously, it is not God or his word that I doubt..It just concerns me when I read his word and dont see the fulfillment of some of his promises..I'll give you an example...

In Exodus, it is written that "If we worship and bown down to God alone, his blessing will be on our food, on our water, there shall be NO SICKNESS OR ILLNESS among you and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a FULL life span..."

Do you see billie....??? This is one of Gods many promises to HIS people who are called by HIS name...As I said I do NOT doubt one iota of Gods word and I most certainly do not doubt his perfect judgement, mercy and goodness...But I do not see this promise being fulfilled in HIS people today..

This can only mean ONE thing...We still have a LOT to learn about what it is to TRULY BE HIS PEOPLE.

I simply want to see us LIVE the life that would see this promise fulfilled.. According to this promise billie, it is medication FREE....

I hope that one day YOU will be medication free and see the fulfilment of this promise in YOUR life, though I know that you love The Lord regardless..

Seeing this promise fulfilled will give me a greater hope that we are walking the RIGHT path...YES..!!! I do doubt sometimes..Ill be honest with you. I find things most challenging and I am always desiring to be a man who walks upright and blameless before God. Not in my own strength of course..But in the leading of the Holy Spirit.

"Those that are led by the Spirit of God shall be called Sons of God."

Regards,

Ben.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

Ben,

You really don't understand the full story....When I was diagnosed with depression and before I came to God it made impossible. I don't take medicine anymore for it but it is very difficult on some days not to feel worthless. Compaines such as the one you suggested are at least trying to help people. Yes if there is misleading information the blood of the spilled person will be on them. Paxil the drug you suggested is the one my mom took along with many others to help with her mental problems. She then had a stroke I was 16. Your telling me God will just fix everything. I love my mom the way she was before, during and after. You don't see how badly it can mess up a person on the inside. God has helped some with the depression but there is still damage within me from the years of tormenting from my family when I was younger and my friends at school. Please don't sit here and try and tell me that you know better. Unless you have walked a mile in my shoes and life. Unfortunately i don't think you can understand. I have good days where I think I am worth something and other days where I'd rather kill myself than live another second longer. Until you fully understand what's it like living with something such as billy suggests you won't understand in the slightest.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

i have known several cutters over the years.....

one young lady i know that was cutting was off into drugs and the witchcraft, rejecting Christ,

another was demonicaly troubled (possibly possessed)

both young ladies, turning their lives over to Christ resolved this issue, an issue where shrinks have no power to do anything about, where institutions have no effect on this ordeal.

they both have scars that will be their their entire life, physical scars, the mental scars have healed and they have all but forgotten the ordeals they were going through they remember but do not dwell on the issues that are in the past....

thnk about the man in the tombs, how bad off he was.... breaking chains that were to bind him...

think about the boy that would have fits that would even cause him to fall in the fire....

some say that cutting is mental illness..... others say that it is demon originated.....

if mental, then the elders are to be called out and the person should be annointed, and hands laid upon them, and prayed over and their sins will be forgiven and they will be healed.....

if demon possessed, then i would have to say it would require prayer and fasting and againg, the elders called out and the person annointed by those that have sanctivied themselves, set themselves apart in prayer and fasting, to lay hands upon this person, and call out the demon(s)

some believe that the cutting will release the demons, and that is why they are trying to do, is to get rid of the pain and discomfort of the demon in them....

some that have demons trying to steal away the soul/body, will be seen clawing themselves trying to get their own bodies back from control of another....

in this day and age, everone i have seen that is or was a cutter, was doing this while they were not with Christ, but away from Christ, and those that are not doing it anymore are now following Christ very closely...

mike

Please provide proof of this. Demon Possession? Doctors have a track record of curing 1000's and 1000's of cases of cutters. Please don't confuse some believe its demon pocession with Only a minority who have no proven track record that is within only certain branches of the church that believe this.

Has anyone ever witness someone EVER successfully removing a demon through prayer? I heard of temporary doing so. This ultimately is a failure. Goto a doctor.

This reminds me of exorcisms. No one has ever seen a real one. It's always done behind closed doors. I feel bad for those victems at the ruthlessness of others mental illness's.

actually, I have witnessed it.... several times.... it does not come from just speaking it, it comes through prayer and fasting.... as far as no one ever seeing one, i have seen it on the streets of Joplin Mo.... not always done behind closed doors...

now days everything has to be either a mental thing or a physical thing, this is not always true... doctors are mostly in it for the money... most really do not have a persons total well being in mind....

if a doctor truely wants to help people, they tend to get canned from their afiliation with the hospitals.

one doc i knew, was canned because he did not put enough people in the hospital... did you know that hospitals run on a quota system? if you dig, you will find that most have a quota system, and when the number of people that are being admitted are down, the doctors of the clinics are presured to supply more people to the hospital... pressured to admit more.... this is a honest to goodness true practice.

i know one young lady that was physically picked up and thrown down the stairs when no one else was at the top of the stairs, she was not touching the floor for several seconds and then thrown down and another time picked up and thrown up against the wall from across the room...

this peticular girl was suppose to be raised up as a priestest for satan, but refused when she got close to the age this was suppose to happen, her biological father has tryed everything to get her back, but she will not release Christ.....

demon activity is serious.... nothing to scoff at, nothing to play with.... playing with demons can get a person in trouble, once the demons have been removed, forced out, there is a void... it must be filled with something, and if the person chooses Christ, then the void in them will be filled with the Holy Spirit, if they do not choose Christ, then the demon can come back and take over the person again, only this time he plans on having a party, so he invites several of his friends with him.

why is this not seen on a regular bassis? probably because of lack of faith, and scoffers and those that do not believe that this sort of thing happens. IT DOES... why is it not always documented? well, it is for God's Glory, not for mine... if some one writes about it, they turn it into mans glory, not God's, man gets the credit not God so those that are involved in this area do not go looking for a headline.....

it is not the people that are doing the casting out, but it is God..... being that even the demons tremble at just the Name of the Lord God....

they do not care who I am, but they know who God is and they tremble at the mention of His Holy Name, as we should.

part of the healing comes from the faith we carry, some comes fromthe part of the faith that the person needing the healing carries, and most comes from God.... we can stop a healing just as fast as some one else can speak the words....

I heard of temporary doing so. This ultimately is a failure. Goto a doctor.

by speaking words of doubt, you can keep from allowing God to work through people, why do you think even Christ could do very few healings and miricles in His home town???? was it because of His lack of faith?

NO!

it was due to the lack of faith of all those around him speaking such things that would bring doubt to the hearing of others, thus, very few were healed.....

Who Is He, Isn't He just (JUST) the carpenters son?

words of doubt, words speaking of their lack of faith.....

I reject your words of doubt, I will accept and cling to the Words of Christ in this matter. just as Paul did, just as Peter did, just asJohn did and just as many in modern days are doing, as Smith Wigglesworth did (also noted forthe Spirit of God working through him to raise 20 plus people back from the dead ).. I stand on God's Word, He said it will be done, Christ said that we will be doing the same things He has done, and even greater things with the Holy Spirit through us.

you can scoff all you want, but by doing so, you will see nothing such as this happen...

The Word of God says it.......... THAT SETTLES IT...... dont matter what i think, it is already said and done.

mike

Ben,

You really don't understand the full story....When I was diagnosed with depression and before I came to God it made impossible. I don't take medicine anymore for it but it is very difficult on some days not to feel worthless. Compaines such as the one you suggested are at least trying to help people. Yes if there is misleading information the blood of the spilled person will be on them. Paxil the drug you suggested is the one my mom took along with many others to help with her mental problems. She then had a stroke I was 16. Your telling me God will just fix everything. I love my mom the way she was before, during and after. You don't see how badly it can mess up a person on the inside. God has helped some with the depression but there is still damage within me from the years of tormenting from my family when I was younger and my friends at school. Please don't sit here and try and tell me that you know better. Unless you have walked a mile in my shoes and life. Unfortunately i don't think you can understand. I have good days where I think I am worth something and other days where I'd rather kill myself than live another second longer. Until you fully understand what's it like living with something such as billy suggests you won't understand in the slightest.

Lady, I have no desire to trivialise anyones pain and torment. I have only worked with people with illnesses. I have NOT endured one myself, though I have had a breakdown in my life and suicidal thoughts are not foreign to me either. God taught me many things in the mere two and a half years I spent with these people. I was both a personal carer and their cleaner and Laundry man.....Of all the bondage I witnessed a lot of it was spiritual. But still all God asked me to do was to Love them. Wash their clothes, feed them and clean their rooms...I had to hand out their medication for every meal time and was absolutlely stunned at the vast amounts of pills that these people were shoving down their throats. I saw some horrible things in that time and yes I was only viewing from the outside in..I have never walked a mile in any of their shoes and would never judge them or YOU...I was able to feel however some of the grief that God felt for these people because he wanted me to know how much he loves them. I had opportunity to hear many of their testimonies and life stories and a great deal of them were quite traumatic and tormenting. I learned that the two kinds of people in bondage were either people who had sinned and were bound by the curse of that sin and there were those who were sinned against and harboured unforgiveness and bitterness.

In the time I spent with these people Lady, God taught me more about MYSELF than any of the people I was working with. He demonstrated to me the effects of spiritual bondage and torment and opened my eyes to a world that I never knew existed...The Lord showed me many things in my time there. He gave me an awareness that there IS a spiritual realm and there really is a Spiritual bondage....He opened my eyes...to a world I had never seen before. Im certain he has a purpose for these lessons.

God has a purpose for everything...I may not be able to speak from the experience of one who has walked a mile in your shoes. But I CAN speak from the experience of a man who has WATCHED you walk and learned from it. I have seen things from a different perspective than YOU...Just as I can learn from YOU lady, you also can learn from ME...

Regards,

Ben.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

What would you do, if a young person you knew was cutting themselves? What would you do it they raised their arm one day and you saw the cuts because their sleeve went down a bit? What would you do if they confided in you that they were cutting themselves?

one young lady i know that was cutting was off into drugs and the witchcraft, rejecting Christ,

both young ladies, turning their lives over to Christ resolved this issue, an issue where shrinks have no power to do anything about, where institutions have no effect on this ordeal.

they both have scars that will be their their entire life, physical scars, the mental scars have healed and they have all but forgotten the ordeals they were going through they remember but do not dwell on the issues that are in the past....

thnk about the man in the tombs, how bad off he was.... breaking chains that were to bind him...

think about the boy that would have fits that would even cause him to fall in the fire....

some say that cutting is mental illness..... others say that it is demon originated.....

if mental, then the elders are to be called out and the person should be annointed, and hands laid upon them, and prayed over and their sins will be forgiven and they will be healed.....

if demon possessed, then i would have to say it would require prayer and fasting and againg, the elders called out and the person annointed by those that have sanctivied themselves, set themselves apart in prayer and fasting, to lay hands upon this person, and call out the demon(s)

some believe that the cutting will release the demons, and that is why they are trying to do, is to get rid of the pain and discomfort of the demon in them....

some that have demons trying to steal away the soul/body, will be seen clawing themselves trying to get their own bodies back from control of another....

in this day and age, everone i have seen that is or was a cutter, was doing this while they were not with Christ, but away from Christ, and those that are not doing it anymore are now following Christ very closely...

mike

This is 2006 not 17 bc... I know from PERSONAL experience as I was a cutter that I was most definately NOT poossed by any demon nor demon antagonized. I was severly depressed. I guess there are several of us who belive one way and others another way but if you have never experienced the pain that leads to cutting, please don't try and tell me there were demons involved. Because there just weren't, period! satan comes to us to lead us astray, demons come to possess, who knows if this youth was possessed or was being whispered to by satan to cut herself. But illness require doctors and yes therapists. God wants us to help ourselves and He dosen't want us to sit around and wait for supernatural healing.

sorry to say, but depression is not of God.....

if it is not of God then there is only one other place it can come from....

drugs only numb the mind and body, they cause a person to have no emotions, to feel no pain..... God gave us pain for a reason, not to ignore or try to numb out, but to take notice of and stop doing that which hurts.

satan and his demons are all fallen angels, there is no differance between them for they all will reside through out all eternity in the lake of fire.

he (satan) and his demons comes to Kill Steal and Destroy...... and if they can destroy, that is better then just killing, and if they can kill that is better then just stealing..... and if they can steal, they have you in the palms of their hands..... stealing ones joy is one of their favorites.... look around at people and see just how many really have joy in their life.... i am not talking about being happy, giggling, laughing all the time, but how many do you know that are really at peace when things are going wrong? how many really have a lasting Joy in their life that does not bend when soemthing goes weird on them??? most people do not... most people have had their joy stolen.... with it gone, it is easy to trip them up, and satan knows this...

whooow is me..... why is everybody always pickin' on me?????? why can't i do anything right????

just a couple common things i hear.... why do we allow the devil to come into our lives and mess with us?

why are we allowing him to live rent free in our minds????? yes, that is right, EVICT THE DEVIL NOW... take control of God's Property, do not allow the enemy to reside in your mind with out paying rent......

why not do as the Bible instructs us to do in matters such as these?

Christ tells us how to handle things such as this, in James we are told that if we have problems seek the Lord in prayer, hit our knees....... no, we must first seek a doctor to see what formula he can conjer up.... we are first suppose to seek the Lord in matters such as these..... God will guide us..... Yes, there are times that we are suppose to go to a Doctor, for God has granted them the knoweldge and wisdome (some of them) to know what to do when to do it. we are also told that if we are sick, ill, we are to call upon the elders (not just those with the title of elder, but those that are mature in Christ) of the church to come, annoint us, lay on hands, pray, our sins will be forgiven and we will be healed..... of course, we must repent of our sins ( condition)

people are in for the things of this world....

why does a person cut?

some may cut, trying to relieve the pain in side them, why is there pain? focus on the reason for the pain, the cause, not a symptom, but the root cause.... chances are there is something in their life that is not right with God. is the pain caused from guilt? is satan or his demons trying to beat them up? to try and steal kill and destroy them? ( stealing their joy, stealing their peace, stealing their bodies or mind)

some may cut, trying to get attention, why are they trying to get attention? is it because they are focused on themselves? when they should be focused on God, and ministering to other children of God?

some may cut, because of depression, what caused the depression? the theft of their Joy? the spirit of selfishness? of selfcenteredness?

look, i have been there, i know what depression can do, i know what the drugs can do, and the drugs did nothing.... i was on max dosages of the anti-depressant drugs, and i was still anguishing over things, no joy... it was not until I took my life back from satan and his demons ( hey, i was living a good life, i was going to church, reading the Bible, wearing Chritian tee shirts, singing, working for the Lord, but I had not taken control of my life from satan, he was beating me up.... i took it as the Bible says and gave it to Christ. the next day, i stopped the meds, did not take anymore, and Christ lead me through..... stopping meds (cold turkey) is not a good idea, according to the "doctors"..... why not turn it over to the Great Physician?

He is alot better then a thousand doctors.

most people do not know how to take control of their own mind, body and soul.... they allow satan free access.....

read, study, study, pray, pray, pray, and even some fasting would help, rephrase..... WILL HELP..... seeking God.... focusing on God and Gods Children will take the focus off of self, and self pitty.....

mike

by the way, MAN CAN NOT HEAL..... ONLY GOD CAN HEAL

Guest tickle_me_blue

I think that cutting can be a demonic thing and no, we shouldn't scoff at demonic things, but I also think that it can just be a way of coping. I also think that cutting is usually rooted in a past issue. So, I believe that it is possible to break the habit of cutting without God, but habits are always replaced by another habit... those habits can be benficial, like praying and talking about it, or by another form of self-mutilation. I believe that people do need to deal with that root issue though, or they're always going to have a habit in their lives. I believe that God gives all believers His joy, and somethimes people need medications for a period of time, but I think that eventually God will root out all that depression (if that's the issue) or the past problems, so that these things would become an awesome testimony, and a period of time in which we grew and matured in, but not something in the past that is still controlling us, or is still something on our mind to the point that it affects how we think or act.

I'm still not sure how exactly I feel about this issue, but I do know that the above is true for me. and even though I've never been on medication I do believe its necessary in some cases but I don't think that it should be a permanent thing.

Edited by tickle_me_blue

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

What would you do, if a young person you knew was cutting themselves? What would you do it they raised their arm one day and you saw the cuts because their sleeve went down a bit? What would you do if they confided in you that they were cutting themselves?

mike

This is 2006 not 17 bc... I know from PERSONAL experience as I was a cutter that I was most definately NOT poossed by any demon nor demon antagonized. I was severly depressed. I guess there are several of us who belive one way and others another way but if you have never experienced the pain that leads to cutting, please don't try and tell me there were demons involved. Because there just weren't, period! satan comes to us to lead us astray, demons come to possess, who knows if this youth was possessed or was being whispered to by satan to cut herself. But illness require doctors and yes therapists. God wants us to help ourselves and He dosen't want us to sit around and wait for supernatural healing.

sorry to say, but depression is not of God.....

if it is not of God then there is only one other place it can come from....

drugs only numb the mind and body, they cause a person to have no emotions, to feel no pain..... God gave us pain for a reason, not to ignore or try to numb out, but to take notice of and stop doing that which hurts.

satan and his demons are all fallen angels, there is no differance between them for they all will reside through out all eternity in the lake of fire.

he (satan) and his demons comes to Kill Steal and Destroy...... and if they can destroy, that is better then just killing, and if they can kill that is better then just stealing..... and if they can steal, they have you in the palms of their hands..... stealing ones joy is one of their favorites.... look around at people and see just how many really have joy in their life.... i am not talking about being happy, giggling, laughing all the time, but how many do you know that are really at peace when things are going wrong? how many really have a lasting Joy in their life that does not bend when soemthing goes weird on them??? most people do not... most people have had their joy stolen.... with it gone, it is easy to trip them up, and satan knows this...

whooow is me..... why is everybody always pickin' on me?????? why can't i do anything right????

just a couple common things i hear.... why do we allow the devil to come into our lives and mess with us?

why are we allowing him to live rent free in our minds????? yes, that is right, EVICT THE DEVIL NOW... take control of God's Property, do not allow the enemy to reside in your mind with out paying rent......

why not do as the Bible instructs us to do in matters such as these?

Christ tells us how to handle things such as this, in James we are told that if we have problems seek the Lord in prayer, hit our knees....... no, we must first seek a doctor to see what formula he can conjer up.... we are first suppose to seek the Lord in matters such as these..... God will guide us..... Yes, there are times that we are suppose to go to a Doctor, for God has granted them the knoweldge and wisdome (some of them) to know what to do when to do it. we are also told that if we are sick, ill, we are to call upon the elders (not just those with the title of elder, but those that are mature in Christ) of the church to come, annoint us, lay on hands, pray, our sins will be forgiven and we will be healed..... of course, we must repent of our sins ( condition)

people are in for the things of this world....

why does a person cut?

some may cut, trying to relieve the pain in side them, why is there pain? focus on the reason for the pain, the cause, not a symptom, but the root cause.... chances are there is something in their life that is not right with God. is the pain caused from guilt? is satan or his demons trying to beat them up? to try and steal kill and destroy them? ( stealing their joy, stealing their peace, stealing their bodies or mind)

some may cut, trying to get attention, why are they trying to get attention? is it because they are focused on themselves? when they should be focused on God, and ministering to other children of God?

some may cut, because of depression, what caused the depression? the theft of their Joy? the spirit of selfishness? of selfcenteredness?

look, i have been there, i know what depression can do, i know what the drugs can do, and the drugs did nothing.... i was on max dosages of the anti-depressant drugs, and i was still anguishing over things, no joy... it was not until I took my life back from satan and his demons ( hey, i was living a good life, i was going to church, reading the Bible, wearing Chritian tee shirts, singing, working for the Lord, but I had not taken control of my life from satan, he was beating me up.... i took it as the Bible says and gave it to Christ. the next day, i stopped the meds, did not take anymore, and Christ lead me through..... stopping meds (cold turkey) is not a good idea, according to the "doctors"..... why not turn it over to the Great Physician?

He is alot better then a thousand doctors.

most people do not know how to take control of their own mind, body and soul.... they allow satan free access.....

read, study, study, pray, pray, pray, and even some fasting would help, rephrase..... WILL HELP..... seeking God.... focusing on God and Gods Children will take the focus off of self, and self pitty.....

mike

by the way, MAN CAN NOT HEAL..... ONLY GOD CAN HEAL

Mike You Don't listen or you choose not to hear. You are narrow minded. Depression is not of God but does that mean I am evil? It certainly seems what you are implying and as a you claim to be a Christian yourself your replies are confusing and one sided. Man can heal Because of God. And you are yelling again with your capital letters. I take medicine to make me feel normal. If you claim it only numbs then why do I cry still from the compassion I feel over certain issues in the world. Sorry to say this but if I were not a Christian and read your posts, I would be frightened and turn away. We are human beings, with human nature and sometimes need human intervention. And please stop yelling. It doesn't make your point more valid.