• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Hey everyone,

Please let me say upfront, that this is merely something that has been on my mind for a while and I mean no strife... but it been bothering me, and especially lately for a reason stil unknown to me... here it is...

I come here to Worthy boards, and it truly is wonderful to be able to fellowship with believers and not have to deal with the stuff that I have to deal with say at school or what have you, becuase of cursing, sick minds, etc. Yet, at the same time, there is something just doesn't seem quite right anymore. We are not to have fellowship with unbelievers(doenst' mean desert them), and we are not to seek council from the ungodly. The forum is great, yet time and time again, it seems that while talking to someone about different siuations, I am given "advice" that doesn't quite link up with the bible. It it wonderful that they disagree with the world's form of tolerance and stick to what is cleary biblical.. or do they?... It seems more or less, ecumenical... accepting of the different "denominations" of Christianity (not cults of course) and accepting of their beliefs. It is aboslutely wonderful to be there adn talk with people who have like thoughts and desires... or do they?

Have I been so caught up in having a great time that I have overlooked some of the most simple truths of the bible? That I would not only see these people and talk to them... but weep when something is wrong in their live(we've had two people die in the past month or so) and maybe even pray with them?? That I have come to accept(futher conformed by a program based on tolerance) the beliefs of others by the line of "just being respectful of what they believe"? How so many of them have become my dear and loving family... only to find out that really, they are not always saved and that they have beliefs so different than my own? So different from what the bible says?

Many are saved, many are great to have fellowship with, and there are many that share the same beliefs... but this has been bothering me for a while now, and it seems that even as I'm writing.. I am afraid to say the wrong thing and offend somebody because I know there are certain things I can't say without being bashed for it....

*sigh* thought for a day

(lol.. needs to stop unposting and reposting :taped: )

Edited by kittylover0991

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

only to find out that really, they are not always saved and that they have beliefs so different than my own? So different from what the bible says?

Many are saved, many are great to have fellowship with, and there are many that share the same beliefs... but this has been bothering me for a while now, and it seems that even as I'm writing.. I am afraid to say the wrong thing and offend somebody because I know there are certain things I can't say without being bashed for it....

Hi kitty,

I would like to ask a couple of questions if that is okay?

What beliefs have you encountered that are so different than your own, how do you know that they are not saved only from an internet board, and what are you afraid to say because you might get bashed?

I was mainly curious?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It's OK, Kitty! :taped:

You're assessment is correct, and it it good that you see this. It shows wisdom, maturity, and care. You care about your faith, and you care about the Gospel. Bravo!

The question is, what do you do about it? (A question I have often asked msyelf.)

Just remember that there will always be tares amidst the wheat (remember that parable?), no matter which wheat field you are in. (A wise brother pointed that out to me when I was struggling.)

There's more I could say on that matter, but considering that alone is plenty of pondering material, so I will let you ponder this.

It's OK, Kitty! :taped:

You're assessment is correct, and it it good that you see this. It shows wisdom, maturity, and care. You care about your faith, and you care about the Gospel. Bravo!

The question is, what do you do about it? (A question I have often asked msyelf.)

Just remember that there will always be tares amidst the wheat (remember that parable?), no matter which wheat field you are in. (A wise brother pointed that out to me when I was struggling.)

There's more I could say on that matter, but considering that alone is plenty of pondering material, so I will let you ponder this.

That's the problem... it is "plenty of pondering material" and that is leaving here wondering... what can I do about this? either nothing and keep going, nothing and leave... something and get everyone upset, or get everyone upset enough to get banned.... I don't know...

I love this place so much... and .. yeah.. okay...

*shutting up*

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

That is okay Kitty.

One thing that has intrigued and bothered me over the years is the way two people; two believers of true faith can come to different conclusions about the same bible. I used to think it was simply the fact that those who disagreed with me, intentionally were not seeing things, that somehow it was sin in their heart that kept them from seeing the truth of how I read the bible. I don't believe that anymore in that way.

For now, I will let God sort these divisions out and do try to understand why believers have different beliefs about the same passages even when I disagree with them. I am not open however to believers who simply believe the bible has error or that it is fallible. But I am talking about two people or two groups who both believe that the bible is without error, who take their beliefs only from this bible, yet they come to very different conclusions about some things (not the main things), but some important things. I don't understand that to me it is a spiritual mystery that I am not going to solve. But I still like talking to them.

Please dont' get me wrong.. I love talking to everybody too.. I've been coming here somewhere between two and three years.. but lately, this has just recently been bothering me... it really has been... *sigh*

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Hey Kitty,

I understand too... :24:

I am grieved so many times by the mind set of some who post here and I pray much for the light of God to shine in their hearts and bring them to truth..

Only God can bring us light and then we have to receive it as truth when it does come...

We are all ignorant of God in areas of our life and I have to keep remembering that as I read through these boards....

I am most disturbed that I do not have the gift of words and putting them together to show them the truth God has given me... :24:

I just pray and pray with a very burdened heart...

I pray even more for the "purple people" that God show them what to say and when to say it to stop those who come here to lead people astray.....christian and non....

I consider that a grave responsibility of theirs.....

Much on my heart lately...much... :24::taped:

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Hey Kitty,

I understand too... :P

I am grieved so many times by the mind set of some who post here and I pray much for the light of God to shine in their hearts and bring them to truth..

Only God can bring us light and then we have to receive it as truth when it does come...

We are all ignorant of God in areas of our life and I have to keep remembering that as I read through these boards....

I am most disturbed that I do not have the gift of words and putting them together to show them the truth God has given me... :P

I just pray and pray with a very burdened heart...

I pray even more for the "purple people" that God show them what to say and when to say it to stop those who come here to lead people astray.....christian and non....

I consider that a grave responsibility of theirs.....

Much on my heart lately...much... :P:thumbsup:

I have to agree with you kitty and tah. For so long it was so great to be here and then it seem an influx of disaggreements, insults, disrespect and so on. But I think it comes in phases and whatever the case may be, pick and choose your posts, you have enough to deal with on the outside, you can still have great fellowship here by just not reading those posts that could bring you down. Now don't everyone jump all over me for that because I do the same thing at home. I have to pick and choose my battles with either the husband or the kids. It does infuriate me that those who intrepret the bible one way, are so narrow minded they won't even try to see things in a different way. So it's a waste of time and energy to try. I just pray that the boards get back to where they were when I first joined also kitty because it's been through Worthy I have come back to the Lord's will even stronger than before. So do not be discouraged and know you are loved. :blink:

hey everyone,

Thank you for your posts. CJ, I must say however, that I am not complaining about Worthy.. or maybe I am.. or... *going through so many different thoughts, sorry*

I don't mean to say that worthy has changed at all.. I think we change so much in our spiritual lives backwards or forwards... I mean, I've noticed it talking to a friend of mine that's not on here.. .we'll talk all the time and it'll be great :noidea: But when the Lord blesses me with a spiritual victory... he seem so dull and boring all of sudden, as though he can't quite understand what's going on and is stuck in his own world of "just getting through this life".... I dont' know.. that probably has no relevance...

It's in the way you say something that shows maturity.. or at least.. that is what I was told when talking to a tolerance fanatic....

I am saying this becuase I dot'n want to start this whole argument or whatever against these boards because they are just so wonderful and I can't ever see giving them up...

Honestly, I think where this is stemming from is that fact that I am against ecumenism.... or new evangelicalsm... or whatever is the word :thumbsup: lol it's one of thsoe two... lol

That is where I honestly think that this is coming from... not that I have seen things in Worthy that irritate me... only trolls... but I think it is just that.. I don't know... *sigh*

The more I think about it, the more the thought crosses my mind that I shouldn't be here... but that thought doesn't seem right nor wrong.... sorry... *sigh*