• Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just got this in the e-mail.

Has anyone heard of this?

In a WALL STREET JOURNAL op-ed Tuesday, Princeton's Bernard Lewis writes:

"There is a radical difference between the Islamic Republic of Iran and other governments with nuclear weapons. This difference is expressed in what can only be described as the apocalyptic worldview of Iran's present rulers.

"In Islam as in Judaism and Christianity, there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time -- Gog and Magog, anti-Christ, Armageddon, and for Shiite Muslims, the long awaited return of the Hidden Imam, ending in the final victory of the forces of good over evil, however these may be defined.

"President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his followers clearly believe that this time is now, and that the terminal struggle has already begun and is indeed well advanced. It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the US about nuclear development by Aug. 22," which this year corresponds "to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to 'the farthest mosque,' usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (c.f., Koran XVII.1).

"This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and if necessary of the world. It is far from certain that Mr. Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for Aug. 22. But it would be wise to bear the possibility in mind."

Pray that the strategy of the enemy will continue to be uncovered. Pray for great wisdom, bold courage, and faith (for our leaders and the leaders of Israel) as well as the uncovering of occult forces and plans. Read and declare Psalm 91. As you awaken in the night, pray, pray, pray.

No prophecies were given, they jsut said we need to pray against this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

me neither, i'll see if i can find anything!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823

Never heard of this. Did it have a link?

Nope, came through the e-mail as an "urgent prayer" request.

I don't know, maybe we should pray about Iran whther something is planned for today or not, either way.

I keep hearing that the majority of the citizens are opposed to their gov't, but can't do anything about it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Lots of the News Analyst last night, were saying trouble was expected from Iran because of the date. I haven't heard anything about any thing happening yet this morning, has anybody else???

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823

As of 9pm EDT - nothing.

Midge the crime dog on Fox news was cute, though - even if distracted from her duty by the camera man.

:noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It's a big Shiite holiday, and Ahmedinajad is blustering about. I'm sure he'll be as as successful against Israel as the combined Arab forces were in '48, '56, '67, '73.....