• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Fovezer:

You didn't ask for it, because I guess you didn't want to see it, but here it goes anyway.

Not that this would phase you at all, but a reasonable, open person might be peaked by interest in the following.

Did you know that all of Noah's 16 grandsons, as named in Genesis) can be traced to modern day places?

Example: Javan is the Hebrew word for Greece

Mesheck is the Hebrew word for Moscow

Cush is the Hebrew word for Ethiopia

Mizram is the Hebrew word for Egypt.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v...v20/i4/noah.asp

More info on above link.

Now, before you even bother, the book of Genesis WAS written long before these places became established.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHiloh:

This debate will continue ad nauseam and nothing will be accomplished.

Yes, I agree fully. He won't even blink an eye at the evidence for Noah's son.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

That's funny.  You still didn't ask for it.

If you want to show it so bad, show it. You don't need my permission. I will respond to it. Start a new thread if you want.

Well what is the best word?

Need

Not likely, when we can't, when manipulating all conditions, create life.

False. Its been done by Dr. Sidney Fox.

http://www.siu.edu/~protocell/

http://www.theharbinger.org/articles/rel_sci/fox.html

You want more? I got more.

Would you venture to say that Moses might have lived?  Joshua?  King David?

They very well could have.

Are you certain it's not that you have a particular grudge against the Christian church?

Nope, no grudges.

I thought you were here because you were open and wanting to dispel myths about athiesm. (even though no one was talking about athiesm)

And science.

That we humans are SPIRITUAL creatures.

No, it proves we are inquizitive, and when we don't understand something, we attribute it to a higher power.

I disagree completely.  I believe they are fighting God and I'm sure they or you will not see it that way, so on this one, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Fine, I don't want to strike up another arguement.

That's because you're an athiest.  You're not OPEN minded enough to see the obvious fact that there are huge differences between animals and humans. 

Have a banana monkey boy!!  :blink:

Or maybe you are too arrogant to see that we are animals?

Gee, maybe God gave us intellect, so that we could not only survive, but rule over the earth.  Ya think?

Maybe. But why would he also make us so ill-equipped to live in our enviroment?

Fovezer:

You didn't ask for it, because I guess you didn't want to see it, but here it goes anyway.

Not that this would phase you at all, but a reasonable, open person might be peaked by interest in the following.

Did you know that all of Noah's 16 grandsons, as named in Genesis) can be traced to modern day places?

Example: Javan is the Hebrew word for Greece

Mesheck is the Hebrew word for Moscow

Cush is the Hebrew word for Ethiopia

Mizram is the Hebrew word for Egypt.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v...v20/i4/noah.asp

More info on above link.

Now, before you even bother, the book of Genesis WAS written long before these places became established.

What exactly does that prove? That the names correspond with countries? So what? This does not prove that they lived.

I would hope you have more compelling evidence than this.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/...cs/v16n2_aw.asp

You believe life was created. I do not. Comes down to a matter of faith.

What exactly does that prove? That the names correspond with countries? So what? This does not prove that they lived.

I would hope you have more compelling evidence than this.

LOL. What a surprise!!!!!! Hurry up! Dismiss it! Don't even consider what this might mean!!!

Hey, I'm probably the only one left here.

I'm a die hard, but will only fight with someone who is being honest. You're not being honest with yourself.

You've developed a hardened heart toward God and simply do not wish to belief in Him. Therefore no amount of evidence to support the Bible or anything will convince you of ANYTHING.

I'm outa here too. Feel free to have the last word. Maybe when you get to heaven, God will also let you have the last word.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

my friend,

LOL.  What a surprise!!!!!!  Hurry up!  Dismiss it!  Don't even consider what this might mean!!!

I thought you would provide real evidence, not "Oh, look, the names match here and there, so they must be real people" nonsense.

Hey, I'm probably the only one left here.

I'm a die hard, but will only fight with someone who is being honest. You're not being honest with yourself.

You've developed a hardened heart toward God and simply do not wish to belief in Him. Therefore no amount of evidence to support the Bible or anything will convince you of ANYTHING.

I'm outa here too. Feel free to have the last word. Maybe when you get to heaven, God will also let you have the last word.

Yeah, and you know if I am being honest with myself or not. Are you god? I think not. I was right about you before. You are a cold-heart, arrogant, and very insultive person.

THEORY OF GRAVITY ..... YOU MEAN I DROP A ROCK FROM A ROOF QAND IT FALLS AND HITS YOU ON THE HEAD ..... THAT IS THEORY...... I THINK NOT.

WHAT MAKES THE LAWS OF NATURE.....

LOOK AT YOUR HAND ..... THINK ABOUT ALLTHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE IT WORK............. LIKE A COMPUTER KINDA OF DONT YOU THINK.....

AND LIKE A COMPUTER..... IT TAKES A DESIGNER TO DESIGN IT...

BUT UNLIKE THE DOMPUTER IT IS ALIVING THING THAT GROWS WHEN WE ARE CHILDREN IN TO MAN HOOD..... IT FEELS PAIN..... IT CAN BE HARD OR SOFT ACCORDING TO THE MOOD OR OCCASION

WHO MADE THAT MOST WONDERFUL HAND..... WHO DESIGNED IT

YOU NEED NOT TO ANSWER JUST THINK ABOUT IT ALL

First, turn OFF caps lock, it is very annoying to read.

Second, it I were standing on a roof, and dropped a rock, and it hit my head, I would think that I was dreaming. But, I know what mean. How do you know that the force is actually pushing, not pulling you down? (Don't get me wrong, I think gravity is right, I am being sarcastic.) Nice strawman, AGAIN, with the whole designer thing. It does not apply to the beginning of life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Fovezer, I'm not a regular poster on this board or any board but I have been following this thread just to see how folks witness and share their beliefs. It looks like it is coming to an end so I will share my 2 cents with you for what it is worth.

I can't prove anything. For me, it is all about faith. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certian of what we do not see." Once I opened my mind and heart in an ernest search for the Truth, it just became harder for me not to believe than it did for me to believe. I can only testify of my experience. My life was radically changed when, after many years of searching, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Do I understand all of God's plan and His workings? No, but I can honestly say that my life has value now and I am inspired to share my faith with anyone who will listen.

Don't be too hard on these folks. I can't speak for all of them but I believe they argued with you out of a sincere concern for you and others that are still searching. None of us would stand by and watch someone walk off into a deep hole to their physical death. That's what they see you doing spiritually and they are just trying to wave you off.

Once again, I suggest you read "The Question of God: C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and the Meaning of Life"

by Armand M. Nicholi Jr.

God bless and protect you.