IGNORED

Interracial Marriage

Guest chatrismoy

Guest chatrismoy

I grew up surrounded with people who did not believe in interracial dating. They always said it was wrong and God doesn't accept it. Of course I never believed that. I have always looked at everyone as children of God no matter their color, gender, age, where they are from or what they have done. I ended up in an interracial marriage. Not for any other reason then the fact that the person is a true, genuine, loving person. Our love has NO COLOR. My question is if there is anything in the Bible that states that this is wrong? What could have given people the idea to try and teach racism to other peolpe? And does God talk about race in the BIble at all?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

This has come up before and you can use the search option to find the other threads if you want. There are more than a few people here that are in interracial relationships and wont mind sharing their thoughts on it.

Growing up, prejudice was always summed up for me by God striking Marion with leprosy for speaking out against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman he had married. God struck her with a skin disease..............how very appropriate!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I agree, Silent. :emot-pray:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

No it is not wrong. The Bible does not speak against it in any way. All people are equally valued in the sight of God

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

We are all one in Christ (per Galatians 3:28-29 as it says in my sig line). What matters to Him is whether or not we marry a believer. You will find many on the boards who have interracial marriages, including me.

Guest chatrismoy

So let me ask Ayin by believer can that be someone who has repented their sins and has not been baptized or do you have to be baptized.

there was a period of time in which people twisted and contorted scripture to support their bigotry against races. it's a shame some people still do that. God doesn't command us to be equally yoked with people of the same colour, He warns us against being UNequally yoked with unbelievers. at one point in biblical history, only one race believed in the true God. that's not the case anymore.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

So let me ask Ayin by believer can that be someone who has repented their sins and has not been baptized or do you have to be baptized.

Believers are those who've repented of their sins and asked Jesus to be their Lord and Savior. Baptism isn't necessary for salvation, but we're told to do it, for it's an outward symbol of dying to self and being reborn in Christ. I'm not Jade, but I hope that helps. :emot-pray:

Guest chatrismoy

Believers are those who've repented of their sins and asked Jesus to be their Lord and Savior. Baptism isn't necessary for salvation, but we're told to do it, for it's an outward symbol of dying to self and being reborn in Christ. I'm not Jade, but I hope that helps. :emot-pray:

Yes it does help Billie! As your words have been much help to me in other posts! Thanks!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

I grew up surrounded with people who did not believe in interracial dating. They always said it was wrong and God doesn't accept it. Of course I never believed that. I have always looked at everyone as children of God no matter their color, gender, age, where they are from or what they have done. I ended up in an interracial marriage. Not for any other reason then the fact that the person is a true, genuine, loving person. Our love has NO COLOR. My question is if there is anything in the Bible that states that this is wrong? What could have given people the idea to try and teach racism to other peolpe? And does God talk about race in the BIble at all?

The bible says we are all of ONE blood. That means that there is no such thing as race. If you love a man then marry a man. Ask for Gods blessing on your marriage. There is only 1 race the human race.