IGNORED

Remarrying after a Divorce....is it forbidden?

cherishedfaith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

false

Are you saying Jesus didn't say what's in the Scriptures? :thumbsup:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he/she was referring to the fact that apparantly you believe in the false "Once Saved/Always Saved" doctrine.

I must say I take offense to this. How do you or he know what I believe?

false

Are you saying Jesus didn't say what's in the Scriptures? :thumbsup:

Jesus forbade divorce, and forbade remarrying for people who were divorced. How many times do you have to read it? The only exception Jesus made that was if one partner was unfaithful, then they other could file for divorce.

Leviticus 21:14

A widow, or a divorced woman, or profane, or an harlot, these shall he not take: but he shall take a virgin of his own people to wife.

Matthew 5:32 (Whole Chapter)

But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, Except for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Now Read that! The underlined part is an EXCEPTION, the bolded part is the rule.

Goodness.

That's what I was saying also. You're preaching to the choir. Why are you so anxious for someone to argue with?

people like to talk about divorce as if it's the unforgivable sin. but it's not. like any other sin (except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit), God will forgive if you ask.

my first marriage was fraught with infidelity on both sides. i was eventually the one to file for divorce. nearly ten years later, when i had gotten my life straight with God, i prayed that God would bless me in a marriage and would bring me His very best for my life. i even went so far as to add a footnote to the prayer and ask God to bring me His best for me by may of the following year.

the very last day of may, 1998, i crossed paths with a man i had only seen a handful of times since childhood. (we had known each other growing up.) seven months later God blessed us in marriage. i could go into a longwinded story of all the events that made it clear to me that God's hand had brought us together, but i'm not in the mood to do that much typing this morning.... my carpal tunnel has been flaring for days, and i need to give the keyboard a rest.

Why are you so anxious for someone to argue with?

It's in his nature.

I think exchanging ideas is necessary for our spiritual growth, but when you're trying to argue with someone who's already agreed with you, it kind of starts to look like someone's doing this just for it's own sake. :emot-hug: I do hope I'm wrong and that it was just a misunderstanding.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/28/1961

*sighs deeply*

well i didn't wish for this to become a debate at all and i didn't want to come off as sounding like i promoted remarriage in certain circumstances...all i was looking for was someone to help me maybe...which seem's i'm beyond help at this point. Only cause i'm so very lonely....God know's my heart....He know's what i suffered with through my marriage...and now it seem's because of my choice to do what i did and divorce....i'm forever doomed to live the rest of my life alone...guess that gives me alot of hope for tomorrow huh...not.

anyways..thanks to all for your help and input and may God bless each and every one of you. *hug*

robin

*sighs deeply*

well i didn't wish for this to become a debate at all and i didn't want to come off as sounding like i promoted remarriage in certain circumstances...all i was looking for was someone to help me maybe...which seem's i'm beyond help at this point. Only cause i'm so very lonely....God know's my heart....He know's what i suffered with through my marriage...and now it seem's because of my choice to do what i did and divorce....i'm forever doomed to live the rest of my life alone...guess that gives me alot of hope for tomorrow huh...not.

anyways..thanks to all for your help and input and may God bless each and every one of you. *hug*

robin

no! you're not doomed! please read my last couple of posts. divorce is not unforgivable, and God may very well bring you the husband of your dreams. TRUST HIM!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

But it is the exception (fornication), by implication, that allows the innocent spouse to remarry without committing adultery.

Okay Horizon,

This is where I see we are differing in our interpretations. So...

Why do you think that the clause is NOT there in all of the accounts where this intstance is mentioned?

&

Why do you think he used two different words in that sentence, one being the word for fornication and then the word for adultery? Why not just say except for adultery?