• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

I'd like to know why Christians are so quick to label one a nonbeliever.
Simple, for one not to believe in Christ he is considered a "non-believer". Whatever else you "believe" in is irrelevant as Christ is the one way to salvation.

Religions are not absolute in the world!
"Religions' aren't, but Christianity is.

There are things known and unknown. We are free to believe or not, and freedom is more powerful than religion.
Yes, free will was one of God's greatest gifts, but mankind abuses it. Choosing not to believe in God and Christ does not make them "go away". We will all be held accountable for our decisions...remember that.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Since you are the one finding fault with the Bible, could you please present your case? Instead of beating around the bush.

Listen, I've answered your question, if you want me to present my case, I will do so if I see a thread which deals with something I find flawed in the Bible.

I have a question for you though. There are Christian sects that take the Bible literally word for word, and there are other sects that do not. There are even disagreements on how certain events and passages should be interpreted. How could the Bible be credible if its followers cannot agree on one universal way to look at the Bible?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  152

Why don't you believe the Bible?

I don't believe the Bible, because I find that it has many holes in it, it confuses rather then teaches(in my opinion) and events that occur in it really don't make sense to me. Furthermore, alot of my questions I've had regarding the Bible, I have gotten irrelevent answers, faulty interpretations and assumptions.

What, if anything, do you believe about God and origins of the universe?

Let's put it this way..I'm open to the idea that a finite force of some kind was able to give the universe the 'push' it needed in order for it to have come into existence. I don't believe in a personal deity or one that watches over the universe with an all-seeing eye.

If you don't believe in creation and afterlife, then what do you believe in? What evidence do you have to support this?

I believe when I die my body will rot in the Earth, and knowing that bodies do rot when one dies, is evidence enough for me.

Exactly Lypse..The entire bible is

a collection of assumptions and confusion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Exactly Lypse..The entire bible is a collection of assumptions and confusion.

NOT! It is confusion to those whose minds are blinded. If you truly want to understand it, you can.

I'd like to know why Christians are so quick to label one a nonbeliever.
Simple, for one not to believe in Christ he is considered a "non-believer". Whatever else you "believe" in is irrelevant as Christ is the one way to salvation.

Religions are not absolute in the world!
"Religions' aren't, but Christianity is.

There are things known and unknown. We are free to believe or not, and freedom is more powerful than religion.
Yes, free will was one of God's greatest gifts, but mankind abuses it. Choosing not to believe in God and Christ does not make them "go away". We will all be held accountable for our decisions...remember that.

And I could also say that what you believe is irrelevent. There are no absolutes! And as far as I can see it, A devout Christian can convince himself of anything...but that does not mean it is infallable and not subject to flaws! Because all organized religion seems to have failed. If it was meant as a solution to a world in peril..it has failed miserably Christian! And if you feel the need to wait around for Jesus to come down and save you-go ahead. But it seems pretty pointless to me.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I'd like to know why Christians are so quick to label one a nonbeliever. Religions are not absolute in the world! There are things known and unknown. We are free to believe or not, and freedom is more powerful than religion.

You're labeled a nonbeliever in Christ here for the purposes of being in this forum. Actually you labeled yourself admitting to not being a Christian.

Jesus said,"I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life." That's absolute, whether you believe it or not.

Just the other day I saw that old bumper sticker that reads: Jesus said it-I believe it-and that settles it! This certainly shows just how brainwashed an individual can be if they do'nt use their head and do some thinking on their own! How could you want a sticker like that on your car?

wait around for Jesus to come down and save you

Jesus already came down and paid the ultimate price to save you, John, and me. If you don't want His free gift of life eternal, He won't force it on you. The offer always stands, though.

Just the other day I saw that old bumper sticker that reads: Jesus said it-I believe it-and that settles it! This certainly shows just how brainwashed an individual can be if they do'nt use their head and do some thinking on their own! How could you want a sticker like that on your car?

When you trust someone, you believe what they say. I hope you find someone you can trust like that one day, John.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

John L.;

There are no absolutes!

Tell that to a mathematician. :emot-pray::24:

Sincerely, you are buying into some Morallly Relativistic teachings.

It's a lie my friend.

What you and I personally think are moral has no bearing on Gods Justice. Neither will the impact be the same on society.

You may think that each man sets his own moral agenda and follows his own guidelines. That's fine I then have to ask, "Who's to Judge between you and I when there is a dispute"?

You might in particular feel that beastiality is Ok and that as long as the animal is for it and consents that it's morally responsible. However when you lay charge to my Cow and harm it and my property in trespass. Who decides where the line is? :21:

Sincerely, I know that's an absurd notion. However when man is left to the devices of his own wicked heart. Robbery becomes virtue and not vice.

God told Cain that murdering his brother due to the result of his own anger was a bad choice which would lead to further death. God told Cain to rule over his anger and the individual choice he was about to make.

Cain ignored God and killed his brother. He was subsequently cursed. :24:

Should we choose the morally equivalent curse or the Blessings and favor of God?

Is it really all relative?

Peace,

Dave