• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

JL you said in your first post that we can save ourselves ...well in a way that is very true, only we can decide to accept Christ and therefore "save ourselves " cos if we reject Him we are very surely condemming ourselves.

I would much rather ( as has been said by others ) live my life believing there is a God and then die to find out there is not than to live my life as if there is no God and die to find out He is real.....

:emot-handshake: Amen to that sister!!

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  152
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Also, it's words being exchanged-not violence! And by the way..if the majority of members here wish that I change the username, I will. Some of the Christian usernames are kind of odd..but it's their thing! I joined a CHRISTIAN discussion forum and I will abide by it's rules. This outer-court forum is an excellent idea, whoever thought of it has really got something started here. Respectfully-JL.

If you want to use that name as your username - then I would keep it.

The only problem I can see with it - is the fact that you seem to idolize and hero-worship John Lennon. Having the username 'John Lennon' doesn't help you. I'm sure you're aware of one of God's ten commandments which states - "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3). I'm not going to judge you on that - God will though.

John Lennon was no angel and had faults just like all of us. I don't 'worship'..I may draw inspiration from a song, But I do not worship idols. A Christian 'worships' Jesus. So Jesus is the idol YOU worship.Sounds good to me. Edited by John Lennon

JL you said in your first post that we can save ourselves ...well in a way that is very true, only we can decide to accept Christ and therefore "save ourselves " cos if we reject Him we are very surely condemming ourselves.

I would much rather ( as has been said by others ) live my life believing there is a God and then die to find out there is not than to live my life as if there is no God and die to find out He is real.....

:emot-hug: Amen to that sister!!

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Only the dead really "know".

Hey John :emot-hug:

Group: Nonbeliever

Member No.: 49923

QUOTE(Rebekah David @ Sep 9 2006, 04:00 AM)

I really hope that you do read it ( Tortured For Christ) John i am very interested to know what you think after you have read it.

"Well, alright. Would I find that book at a Christian book store?"

Sorry did not see this i was busy yesterday working on a house for habitat for humanity. :emot-hug: what a blessing that was (off topic i know sorry lol) Not sure about Christian book stores maybe.

But you can find the book "Tortured for Christ" at the site that has the organization he founded called "The Voice of the Martyrs" listed as www.persecution.com on the web . They used to give this free but they may charge now because the need is becoming greater to help those who are imprisoned etc>

Reading his book John will show an example of true Christainity one that is based and filled with God's love even for those persecute and torture. It will also show you how a godless system does not equal people loving people. I am eager to hear what you think after you have read it. Thank you ! :wub:

You read 'The Power Of Myth'/Joseph Campbell, and I'll read 'Tortured For Christ'. Deal? Edited by John Lennon

Further if you are willing to see the truth instead of imagination then i challenge you to read "Tortured For Christ" by Richard Wurmbrand. An autobiography that shows this non religious man made system challenging the love of Christ of a true believer.

With all due respect and I speak from the heart, I think John has been misinterpreted. As Christians we need to speak our of understanding and love. Christians are challenged all the time and have been for centuries and will be in time to come. If we want to get the truth to John it isn't through an antagonists point of view but through scripture and our own testimony. Please do not take offense Rebekah for I am not speaking to you alone.

This thread has turned in to posting on one person because of the lyrics of a song writen a long time ago. Can we focus on what this forum is about and attempt to show compassion and love in the face of insults and off the origional topic? These things can get out of hand and I for one don't want to belong to a forum where there is behavior towards non believers (as obnoxious as they may be :emot-hug: ) Are we to not love them as Jesus loved? Some of these posts come across as very combative and there is no reason for it. This is the world and everyone has their own opinions. It's great that we can give them narratives and websites and articles, etc... but do those things really plant seeds? No, we do.

:emot-hug: spreading the love...

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace

Just remember Cjrose, if there is a God-He loved John Lennon too! Open your heart just a little. okay?

Actually..I myself never dreamed this thread would still be running! Imagine.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

;):) Lennon honestly I think you like to hear yourself.....You've already posted three times together.....GBY and your soul.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Further if you are willing to see the truth instead of imagination then i challenge you to read "Tortured For Christ" by Richard Wurmbrand. An autobiography that shows this non religious man made system challenging the love of Christ of a true believer.

With all due respect and I speak from the heart, I think John has been misinterpreted. As Christians we need to speak our of understanding and love. Christians are challenged all the time and have been for centuries and will be in time to come. If we want to get the truth to John it isn't through an antagonists point of view but through scripture and our own testimony. Please do not take offense Rebekah for I am not speaking to you alone.

This thread has turned in to posting on one person because of the lyrics of a song writen a long time ago. Can we focus on what this forum is about and attempt to show compassion and love in the face of insults and off the origional topic? These things can get out of hand and I for one don't want to belong to a forum where there is behavior towards non believers (as obnoxious as they may be :) ) Are we to not love them as Jesus loved? Some of these posts come across as very combative and there is no reason for it. This is the world and everyone has their own opinions. It's great that we can give them narratives and websites and articles, etc... but do those things really plant seeds? No, we do.

;) spreading the love...

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace

Just remember Cjrose, if there is a God-He loved John Lennon too! Open your heart just a little. okay?

The love of God is revealed in Jesus Christ. All who are outside of Christ find nothing but the wrath of God.

sw

God loves everyone He created. I don't know where you got the impression that He didn't. I loved John Lennon ;) And my heart is open more than you know which is why I think the use of his name is disrespectful. But hey, your choice. You said it started as a joke. Where in your heart is the joke in using a legend's name in humor?

With all due respect and I speak from the heart, I think John has been misinterpreted. As Christians we need to speak our of understanding and love. Christians are challenged all the time and have been for centuries and will be in time to come. If we want to get the truth to John it isn't through an antagonists point of view but through scripture and our own testimony.

And furthermore, I was just defending you and you come back at me with this? When I mentioned John I was speaking of you, Sam, not Lennon.

Are you so blind you can't see that I am open hearted and open minded by now?