• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Giaour

haven't given up but seems I'm always having to catch up as I fall behind but will eventually catch up. Don't be afraid to give yourself a break every now and then if need be. This thread has had 2870 views their are those reading.

blessings

OC

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Leviticus 20

1. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2. Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

3. And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.

4. And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:

5. Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.

6. And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

7. Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the Lord your God.

8. And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the Lord which sanctify you.

9. For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

10. And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

11. And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

12. And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.

13. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

14. And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.

15. And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.

16. And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

17. And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.

18. And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

19. And thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister, nor of thy father's sister: for he uncovereth his near kin: they shall bear their iniquity.

20. And if a man shall lie with his uncle's wife, he hath uncovered his uncle's nakedness: they shall bear their sin; they shall die childless.

21. And if a man shall take his brother's wife, it is an unclean thing: he hath uncovered his brother's nakedness; they shall be childless.

22. Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out.

23. And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

24. But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people.

25. Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean.

26. And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

27. A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 16

The next two chapters are covering laws dealing with national cleansing that was to be adhered unto by the priesthood in order to make atonement for the priests themselves, the people of God and to cleanse the tabernacle through this national day of atonement which is known in the Hebrew as "yom kippur" which was to be done on the 10th day during the 7th month which was called "Tishri"--September/October time of year. Read Leviticus 16; 23:26-32; and Numbers 29:7-11 for more insight as this will come up again so I'll save some information on it till then when I had the information on the Jewish calendars in.

1. And the Lord spake unto Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they offered before the Lord, and died;

The Lord spoke to Moses after the death of Aaron's two sons Nadab and Abihu who if you'll recall back to your rememberance in chapter 10:1-2 they had offered the strange fire on the altar of incense out in the Holy Place and fire came out before the Lord and destroyed them as they died for doing so as it was in the law that a specially made perfume was to only be burnt on that altar of incense in the Holy Place and no one was to make any like unto to trying to copy it and it looks like that is exactly what Aarons two sons did they offered up a strange aroma in God's nostrils that He did not approve off and God said those that did that was to be cut off from the people and that is what happened as Moses had to call for their uncles to come and pull them out of the Holy place and take them outside the camp and bury them. But here the Lord had spoken to Moses after that had happened.

2. And the Lord said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the vail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.

3. Thus shall Aaron come into the holy place: with a young bullock for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering.

4. He shall put on the holy linen coat, and he shall have the linen breeches upon his flesh, and shall be girded with a linen girdle, and with the linen mitre shall he be attired: these are holy garments; therefore shall he wash his flesh in water, and so put them on.

And said for him to speak to Aaron his brother and see to it that Aaron does not come into the Holy place as he has the other times within the vail before the mercy seat on top of the ark because the Holy place had been defiled by Nadab and Abihu offering up the strange fire so it needed to be cleansed and if Aaron went in there then he also would die so Moses had to give him warning from the Lord. The Lord told Moses that He Himself would appear in a cloud over top the mercy seat that sat on top of the ark behing the vail which was the Most Holy Place. As God said when He would appear in a cloud over top of the mercy seat then Aaron at that time could come into the Holy Place with a young bullock for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering. As Aaron was to wash his self in water and then put on the holy priests garments in full attire

Hebrews 9:7; 10:19

5. And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.

6. And Aaron shall offer his bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and make an atonement for himself, and for his house.

7. And he shall take the two goats, and present them before the Lord at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

And after washing and putting on the priest garments Aaron was to take from the children of Israel two kid goats and a ram as the kid goats were to be used to make a sin offering for the people and the ram was to be used for a burnt offering to the Lord. As Aaron would offer a bullock on behalf of himself and for his household for a sin offering to the Lord. As Aaron was to take the two kid goats from the children of Israel and present them to the Lord at the door of the tabernacle where the brasen altar was at.

Hebrews 5:2; 7:27-28: 9:7

8. And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the Lord, and the other lot for the scapegoat.

9. And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the Lord's lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.

10. But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

When Aaron presented the two kid goats to the Lord on behalf of the people's sin he was to then cast lots to see which one of the goats would be sacrificed to the Lord and which one of the two goats would be used for the scapegoat. After this was decided then Aaron would take the goat that was chosen by the casting of lots to offer up for a sin offering on behalf of the people sins as a nation. Then the other kid goat that was to be used for the scapegoat was to then be presented to the Lord to make atonement with it for the people and then after words he was to let the scapegoat go free out into the wilderness as it carried the sins of the children of Israel away as we will see further in a moment.

11. And Aaron shall bring the bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and shall make an atonement for himself, and for his house, and shall kill the bullock of the sin offering which is for himself:

12. And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the Lord, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the vail:

13. And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the Lord, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not:

Then Aaron had to bring the bull for the sin offering for his self and make atonement for his self and his household and kill the bull for a sin offering for his self then was to take a censer full of the burning coals from off the altar that was burning before the Lord and he was also to take a hand full of the sweet incense that was specially made to burn on the altar of incense in the holy place and bring it within the vail. As Aaron was to then put the incense on the fire before the Lord on the altar of incense so that the cloud from the incense burning would cover the mercy seat that was on top of the ark of testimony so that Aaron himself would not die as God had a specific order He wanted followed or the tabernacle would be defiled and the people and it had to be cleansed as a result in which God had a specific order for that also.

14. And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.

15. Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:

But Aaron was to take the blood from the bull and sprinkle that blood using his finger on the mercy seat on the eastside of it and in front of the mercy seat seven times. Then he was to kill the goat for the sin offering for the people and bring the blood of the goat within the vail and sprinkle the blood of the goat on the eastside of the mercy seat and in front of the mercy seat seven times and also on top of the mercy seat seven times for their sins.

Hebrews 2:17: 5:2: 9:7, 25, 28; 10:4; Leviticus 16:2; Hebrews 6:19: 9:3, 7, 12

16. And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.

17. And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.

As Aaron would make atonement for the holy place in the tabernacle because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel and because of their transgressions or sins against the Lord. As Aaron was to do this for the congregation of Israel as a nation as a whole while they was in the midst of their uncleanness to make atonement and cleansing on their behalf as a nation. And whenever Aaron would do this there was given warning from God that no man was to be in the tabernacle at the time when Aaron the priest went into the holy place to sprinkle the blood of the bull and the goat until Aaron came out alive making atonement for his self and his household the priests and for the congregation the entire nation as a whole as this was a national day of atonement and cleansing from all uncleanness and sins.

Hebrews 9:22-23

18. And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the Lord, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about.

19. And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.

After the blood had been sprinkle on the mercy seat and Aaron came out of the Holy place alive he was to go the altar before the Lord being the brasen altar which was located at the door of the tabernacle gate and he was to make atonement for the altar and sanctify it as he was to take the blood of the bull and the blood of the goat and put it on the four horns of the altar round about it and was to sprinkle the blood with his finger seven times and cleanse it with that blood as the altar of burnt offerings would be made holy from any uncleanness of the children of Israel as a nation.

Hebrews 9:22, 23

20. And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:

21. And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

22. And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

Then once Aaron done all that was commanded of him in the law according to the words of Moses and the holy place was then reconciled back to God set apart and made holy in other words and also the congregation and the altar then Aaron was to bring forth the other goat. As Aaron was to lay both of his hands on the head of that live goat and confess over the head of that goat all the iniquities and sins of the children of Israel as nation and all their uncleanness and once Aaron confessed the sins of the people over the head of that goat then that goat that was used for the scapegoat was to be sent away by the hand of a trustworthy man out into the wilderness as that man would not keep the goat for himself but would go out into the wilderness faithfully on behalf of the nation of Israel on this day of national atonement leading that goat along with him as that goat bore on it's head all of the iniquitites on it's head of the children of Israel and that man was to lead that goat into a land that no body lived in out in the wilderness area and he was to then let that goat go free in the wilderness as that goat would literally carry the sins of the priests and the people away baring them on his head. And that one time a year the people of Israel as a nation knew they was forgiven as they only had the knowledge of being forgiven as their conscious was never purged or cleansed as they had a guilty conscious always before God but this one time a year they as a nation had rest from their sins as that scapegoat carried their sins away.

Hebrews 9:28; 1 Peter 2:24

23. And Aaron shall come into the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall put off the linen garments, which he put on when he went into the holy place, and shall leave them there:

24. And he shall wash his flesh with water in the holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering, and the burnt offering of the people, and make an atonement for himself, and for the people.

25. And the fat of the sin offering shall he burn upon the altar.

After Aaron confessed the sins of the people on the head of the scapegoat and it had been released in the wilderness then Aaron was to come into the tabernacle the holy place and take off his linen garments his priests garment and leave them there and go and wash his self in water in the holy place then put his garments back on and come out of the tabernacle and offer up the whole burnt offering for his own self and the burnt sacrifice for the people making atonement for himself and the people which was showing the complete dedication to God as a nation. As Aaron was to burn the fat of the sin offering on the altar.

26. And he that let go the goat for the scapegoat shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward come into the camp.

The person who took the scapegoat out into the wilderness to let it go when he got back into camp he had to wash his clothes and bath himself in water and then afterwards he could come back into the camp.

27. And the bullock for the sin offering, and the goat for the sin offering, whose blood was brought in to make atonement in the holy place, shall one carry forth without the camp; and they shall burn in the fire their skins, and their flesh, and their dung.

28. And he that burneth them shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward he shall come into the camp.

Then the bull used for the sin offering and the goat that was used for the sin offering in which their blood was used to make atonement in the holy place a person was to come forth and carry outside of the camp and was to burn the skins of the bull and the goat and their flesh and their dung they was to completely burn it up in the fire. And the person who carried the bull and the goat offerings outside of the camp and burned them had to wash his clothes and bathe in water when he was done then they could come back into the camp

Hebrews 13:11

29. And this shall be a statute for ever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you:

30. For on that day shall the priest make an atonement for you, to cleanse you, that ye may be clean from all your sins before the Lord.

31. It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.

And this was a statue a law in which they had to follow and practice once a year at it was called in the Hebrew "yom kippur" and was know as the national day of atonement and was to be done on the tenth day of the seventh month which was the month of Tishri as I mentioned at the beginning being around September and October time of year. As they was to afflict their souls on this sabbath of rest as they ceased from their labors of sins as God granted them release in knowing they had been forgiven of their sins this one time of year as they was to afflict their souls on this day in other words endure the observance of this day as a nation. No one was to do any work or labor on this day of atonement none of the Israelites and none of the strangers that lived among them as they were given rest from sin as the priest made atonement for them and they was cleansed in the eyes of God as they scapegoat carried their sins away. And this once again was a law in which they was to follow once every single year as God granted them peace in knowing they had been forgiven of uncleannesses and sins. As they had peace of mind and heart on this day once a year as it was a sabbath of rest and holy day unto them indeed.

Hebrews 9:13, 14; 10:1-2

32. And the priest, whom he shall anoint, and whom he shall consecrate to minister in the priest's office in his father's stead, shall make the atonement, and shall put on the linen clothes, even the holy garments:

33. And he shall make an atonement for the holy sanctuary, and he shall make an atonement for the tabernacle of the congregation, and for the altar, and he shall make an atonement for the priests, and for all the people of the congregation.

34. And this shall be an everlasting statute unto you, to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year. And he did as the Lord commanded Moses.

Then the priest that was to be annointed to take the place of Aaron in his stead was to also be consecrated or seperated on this day also as atonement would be made for them and then afterwards they could put on the priests garments and minister in the priests office as atonement would be made in the holy place in the sanctuary and atonement made for the tabernacle and the altar and the priests and all the people of Israel. As this once again was to be an everlasting law for the priesthood to follow every year in order to make atonement on behalf of the children of Israel as a nation for all their sins they commited against the Lord. As the levitical priesthood being the sons of Aaron was instructed to do this once a year for national cleansing of the priests the tabernacle the altar and the people as a nation. And Aaron obeyed the things that Moses had instructed him concerning this national day of atonement as the Lord had spoken these things to Moses.

Hebrews 9:7, 25

This chapter was such a blessings especially in light of the scriptures recorded in the book of Hebrews. I am glad that we can have a clean conscious all the time now not just one time a year thank God what the blood of the bulls and goats couldn't do Christ blood could do as He sprinkled our conscious from dead works to serve the living God we can have peace every day not just once a year. What a blessing

OC

Leviticus 17

2. Speak unto Aaron, and unto his sons, and unto all the children of Israel, and say unto them; This is the thing which the Lord hath commanded, saying,

3. What man soever there be of the house of Israel, that killeth an ox, or lamb, or goat, in the camp, or that killeth it out of the camp,

4. And bringeth it not unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer an offering unto the Lord before the tabernacle of the Lord; blood shall be imputed unto that man; he hath shed blood; and that man shall be cut off from among his people:

The Lord had specific laws that he gave unto Moses for the places in which a sacrificial offering could be offered up to the Lord at as the Lord here spoke to Moses and told him to speak unto Aaron and his sons and also to the children of Israel as a whole and to tell them or teach them these laws that God gave him concerning the locations that the sacrificial offerings could and could not be made at. If a man killed an ox, lamb, or goat these being the sacrificial offerings outside of the camp then brought the sacrifice to the door of the tabernacle to offer it to the Lord then blood would be imputed unto that person in other words blood would be on his hands for taking the life of the sacrificial animal and the person was to be cut off as a result. For God had set up the levitical priesthood in order to do this service for the people according to the laws they were given in how to handle the animals brought forth in order to atone for their sins so the person did not have respect unto the sacrificial animal that had to die in order to atone for their sins and God took it serious so much so that God imputed the blood onto the man and he was then to be cut off from among God's people.

5. To the end that the children of Israel may bring their sacrifices, which they offer in the open field, even that they may bring them unto the Lord, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest, and offer them for peace offerings unto the Lord.

6. And the priest shall sprinkle the blood upon the altar of the Lord at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and burn the fat for a sweet savour unto the Lord.

This was done for the purpose to teach the children of Israel to bring thier sacrifices that were previously being offered out in the fields prior to the tabernacle and the priesthood being set up to bring them to the door of the tabernacle and present them unto the priesthood. As God set the priesthood in place to offer up the animals for the peace offerings to the Lord and so that the priest could sprinkle the blood on the brasen altar at the door of the tabernacle and to burn the fat for a sweet savour unto the Lord. As this foreshadowed to us in the future where Christ himself who is the door to the sheepfold would offer Himself on the cross to make atonement for the sins of mankind. As their is only one way and that is by way of the door being Christ and His shed blood.

7. And they shall no more offer their sacrifices unto devils, after whom they have gone a whoring. This shall be a statute for ever unto them throughout their generations.

They were told and commanded that no more would they offer their sacrifices unto devils in whom they had gone a whoring after other gods in other words. But they was to offer their sacrifices to the one true and living God who had brought them forth out of Egytian bondage. As this was to be a statue a law forever unto the children of Israel throughout all their generations concerning their sacrifices that was offered up. Which brings light to the scriptures in 1 Corinthians 8; 10:14-22

8. And thou shalt say unto them, Whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers which sojourn among you, that offereth a burnt offering or sacrifice,

9. And bringeth it not unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer it unto the Lord; even that man shall be cut off from among his people.

Moses was to instruct and teach that whether it was a man from the house of Israel or a stranger that lived and dwelt among them whenever they offered a burnt offering or sacrifice to the Lord they was to see to it that they brought it to the door of the tabernacle and present it to the priest to offer it up to the Lord and if they did not according to this order of things then those people were to be cut off permantly from among God's people.

10. And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.

11. For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

12. Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.

The blood of the animals was to be drained from flesh of the animals that was slain and Moses was to teach and instruct the people of Israel and the strangers living among them to not eat the blood in the meat and if they did then God would set His face against those who did this and would cut them off from among his people. God took this so serious because the life of the flesh was in the blood as it is the breath and life of God in the blood and God had given the blood of the sacrificial animals on the altar to make atonement for their souls as it was the blood that made atonement for the soul. So they was to have the utmost respect unto the blood and not eat it in any of the meat of animals none of the children of Israel nor the stangers living among them or they would be cut off by the Lord Himself. In 1 Peter 1:19 the apostle Peter said it like this that we were redeemed, "with the "PRECIOUS BLOOD" of Christ as of a lamb without blemish and without spot." As our life in Christ comes from the blood shed on the cross and I with apostle Peter consider it to precious blood unto my soul. Read Matthew 26:28; John 6:54; Romans 3:25; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:20; Hebrews 9:20; 10:19; 1 Peter 1:2; 1 John1:7 and Revelation 1:5 as there are so many others on the blood being our life.

13. And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.

14. For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

Whenever a person from the children of Israel and the strangers that lived among them went hunting and caught any kind of beast or fowl of the air that could be eaten then they was to see to it that they drained the blood from the meat out onto the ground and then was to cover the blood up with the dirt of the ground. As once again the breath of God that was breathed into all living creatures in the beginning was in the blood of all flesh and God had given the animals blood to make atonement for their souls under the old covenant and that is why the Lord told and commanded and had given them laws to adhere unto that they should not eat the blood in any manner of meat at all because the life of all flesh was in the blood and whoever did not have respect unto the life in the blood of all living things and would eat meat with blood in it then God would not have respect unto them and they would be cut off from among His people. And it was the blood of His dear Son that was shed under the new covenant that makes atonement for our souls today and not those temporary sacrifices of animals.

15. And every soul that eateth that which died of itself, or that which was torn with beasts, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger, he shall both wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even: then shall he be clean.

16. But if he wash them not, nor bathe his flesh; then he shall bear his iniquity.

If there was an animal that died on it's on or that had been wounded by another animal whether it was from the children of Israel or the strangers that lived among them and the people actually ate those animals as a result then they was to wash their clothes and bathe themselves afterwards as touching the animals according to the laws of God made them unclean until that evening then they would be clean again. But if those one who touched and ate these animals did not wash them self or thir clothes then they would have to bear their sins of disobeying God's law and would be guilty in God's sight of sin.

OC

Another good chapter on the blood.

We have gotten into the second half of the book of Leviticus now where the rest of the book turns to various laws that pertain to the sanctification of the people, the priesthood, worship, the land of Canaan, and dealing with certain vows that were made. All of these laws taught how to walk a life of faith in the sight of God to where their life would be acceptable to God according to His laws as the laws and commandments even today teach us how to walk upright in the sight of God teaching us right from wrong in the world we live in. But in this chapter it is dealing with the laws of sanctification for the people and is specifically addressing laws of sexual sins that teach what is and is not acceptable behaviors regarding sexual relationships between one another what is right and what is wrong. These things still apply to us even today under the new covenant as sexual immorality is still condemned practice under the new covenant.

Leviticus 18

2. Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the Lord your God.

3. After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.

the Lord had spoken unto Moses and instructed him to speak to the children of Israel and tell them that the Lord was there God. And in the land of Egypt where they previously dwelt and lived in bondage as slaves they was not to practice any of their ways in which they did and that they saw while they was their nor was they to do after the customs and practices of the people in the land of Canaan when they got into the land nor was they to follow any of their practices and ordinances or laws in which they practiced in their lands.

4. Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the Lord your God.

5. Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the Lord.

But instead God said to the children of Israel that He it was that was their God and He only so they was to do after the judgments and customs in which God Himself had laid out for them to follow and had given to Moses for them as they was to remain faithful to the covenant with God and walk in it and obey and follow His commandments and do them by faith and if they would obey the Lord and keep His commandments then they would live by the Lord's laws and customs for them to follow and practice and then God would indeed be their God as they would live out their faith before God this way.

6. None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the Lord.

7. The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

These laws were given here to govern their sexual practices and they was to adhere to them and not do like the Egyptians and the Canaanites who practiced these things in their land but they was to be seperated and none of the children of Israel was to sleep with any of their immediate family members it was forbidden and they was to adhere to God laws now as He it was that was their God and no longer the heathens gods around them. No one was allowed to sleep or be with their fathers or their mothers sexually it was forbidden.

8. The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

9. The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.

No son was to sleep with his own father's wife for she belong only to his father. Neither was a man to sleep with his own sister whether she was born of the children of Israel or born by a wife his father took abroad to be his wife such as the strangers that lived among them. None of them was to sleep with their sisters

10. The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.

Neither was a father to sleep with his own son's daughter being his own grandaughter or the daughter of his own daughter which was still his own grandaughter as it was forbidden for a man to sleep with his own grandaughters.

11. The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

12. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.

13. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.

14. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.

Nor was a son to sleep and lie with one of his father's wife daughter that was born of his father because she was his sister and brother and sisters were forbidden to sleep with one another. The children of Israel was forbidden to sleep with any of their father's sisters for they were their aunts and near kinswoman. They also was forbidden to sleep and lie with their mother's sisters for they also were considered one's aunt's and near kinswomen and it was forbidden to sleep with one's aunt's on either side of the family. As again it was a forbidden practice to sleep with one's aunt and near kinswoman on either side of the family.

15. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

16. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.

The father's were forbidden to sleep and lie sexually with their own son's wife for they was their own daughter-in-law. Neither was a man to sleep and lie sexually with his own brother's wife for she was his sister-in-law. So it was forbidden for one to sleep and lie with their daughters-in-laws and their sister-in-laws.

17. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.

It was forbidden to sleep and lie sexually both with a mother and daughter nor could they take the mother's son's daughter or daughter's daughter being their grandchildren for it was forbidden as they was their own kinswomen and it was wickedness in the sight of God and not accepted.

18. Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.

19. Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.

They was forbidden to marry their sisters as it would vex her or opress her in her life besides all of the other things she would normally contend with. Neither was a man to sleep sexually with a woman when she was set apart for her uncleanness or menustral cycle it was forbidden.

20. Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.

21. And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord.

They were forbidden to sleep with their neighbors wives as they was not to covet the things that belonged to their neighbors even their wives as they would defile themselves for doing so. Neither was they to let any of their own children be sacrificed in the fire to the idol god of Molech in which the heathen nations around them worshipped and sacrificed their own children unto. Neither was they to profane the name of God in other words they were not to use the Lord's name in a vile or bad way that was blasphemous not according to the truth.

22. Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

They were forbidden to lie men with men in the way men would lie sexually with a woman it was an abomination something the Lord hated the practice of and women were not to be with women either. As homosexuality is a forbidden and wrong practice in the eyes of God and a practice of the heathen nations around them.

23. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

The men were not to be sexually with any animal as it would defile them for doing so and no woman was to be sexually with any animal as this is beastiality and it was a forbidden practice and it caused sexual confusion in the animals and in the land and this is true also of the practice of homosexuality in the land it causes sexual confusion and perverts.

24. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:

25. And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

26. Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:

The children of Israel was to stay clear of these types of sexual unions and sexual practices so they would not defile themselves by doing so for God said that all of these things was the wickedness and practices that the nations around were doing in their customs and these things were unclean they why they were being cast out before them and why their land was defiled and unclean and these sins was why God visited the sins of these nations on the lands and why the land vomiteth out the inhabitants of those that do these things. But the children of Israel was not to practice the customs of the other nations but to follow the guidelines in which the Lord layed out for them to follow in what was right and wrong as all of the things and practices in this chapter were all abominations in the eyes of God. And they was not to practice them in their personal lives nor in their own nation neither was the stangers that lived among them was to follow any of the forbidden practices sexually among them.

27. (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)

28. That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

As once again you can see that all these things were abominations that the men of the land had done in Egypt where they were held in bondage at and their land was defiled because of it as they worshipped idol gods and did abominable practices that are mentioned in this chapter. They was to stay away from the customs of the other nations in their sexual practices or else the land would spur them out once they defiled the land by these things as all of these things defiled all the other nations that was before they came into being as a nation themselves.

29. For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

30. Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the Lord your God.

God had instructed that if anyone practiced any of these abominations and caused confusion in the land then their own souls were in jeopardy that commited these things and they was to be cut off from among the people of God. As they was once again warned to keep the ordinances or laws in regards to their sexual practices so that they would know right from wrong and not fall into any of these abombinable customs of the people around them which the other lands were commited before them and engaging in. They were to not defile themselves in these things as the Lord was their God and He alone and they was to follow him and keep themselves clean and seperated unto Him.

OC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Just to say I am still with you and great job (no pun intended) guys :thumbsup::)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Leviticus 21

1. And the Lord said unto Moses, Speak unto the priests the sons of Aaron, and say unto them, There shall none be defiled for the dead among his people:

2. But for his kin, that is near unto him, that is, for his mother, and for his father, and for his son, and for his daughter, and for his brother.

3. And for his sister a virgin, that is nigh unto him, which hath had no husband; for her may he be defiled.

4. But he shall not defile himself, being a chief man among his people, to profane himself.

5. They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.

6. They shall be holy unto their God, and not profane the name of their God: for the offerings of the Lord made by fire, and the bread of their God, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy.

7. They shall not take a wife that is a whore, or profane; neither shall they take a woman put away from her husband: for he is holy unto his God.

8. Thou shalt sanctify him therefore; for he offereth the bread of thy God: he shall be holy unto thee: for I the Lord, which sanctify you, am holy.

9. And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

10. And he that is the high priest among his brethren, upon whose head the anointing oil was poured, and that is consecrated to put on the garments, shall not uncover his head, nor rend his clothes;

11. Neither shall he go in to any dead body, nor defile himself for his father, or for his mother;

12. Neither shall he go out of the sanctuary, nor profane the sanctuary of his God; for the crown of the anointing oil of his God is upon him: I am the Lord.

13. And he shall take a wife in her virginity.

14. A widow, or a divorced woman, or profane, or an harlot, these shall he not take: but he shall take a virgin of his own people to wife.

15. Neither shall he profane his seed among his people: for I the Lord do sanctify him.

16. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

17. Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.

18. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,

19. Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,

20. Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;

21. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.

22. He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy.

23. Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the Lord do sanctify them.

24. And Moses told it unto Aaron, and to his sons, and unto all the children of Israel.

Leviticus 19

2. Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the Lord your God am holy.

3. Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the Lord your God.

4. Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the Lord your God.

This chapter is dealing with laws pertaining to social order among the nation of Israel. As it starts out with the Lord speaking to Moses telling him to instruct the children of Israel and tell them to be ye holy for the Lord thier God was holy for this is what apostle Peter was refering back unto in 1 Peter 1:16 when he said, :Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy" as apostle Peter was giving an appeal for living a holy life in that chapter from verses 13-25. Also it was written to be ye holy for I am holy was in Leviticus 11:44 The Lord instructed that everyone of the children of Israel was to fear both their parents as it also instructs us to do inEphesians 6:1-3as to fear is to obey and honour someone. The children of Israel were also to keep the Lord's sabbaths for He is was that was the Lord their God. As they was to remain faithful to Him and not turn again unto idol worship and make themselves molten gods as they had done before when they made the molten golden calf for and example as they was to fear the Lord remaining faithful and obeidient to His laws.

5. And if ye offer a sacrifice of peace offerings unto the Lord, ye shall offer it at your own will.

6. It shall be eaten the same day ye offer it, and on the morrow: and if ought remain until the third day, it shall be burnt in the fire.

7. And if it be eaten at all on the third day, it is abominable; it shall not be accepted.

8. Therefore every one that eateth it shall bear his iniquity, because he hath profaned the hallowed thing of the Lord: and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

If one was offering up a peace offering to the Lord then it was to be offered voluntarily of one's own free will and it was to be eaten on that same day they offered it up on and eat it on the second day but if any remained of it on the third day they was to take it and burn it with fire. And if any did eat of the peace offering sacrifice passed the second day then the Lord would look on that peace offering as an abominable offering and would not accept it because they did not have respect unto the holy offering to the Lord and profaned it in the Lord's sight and those that did not hallow the holy things of God was to be cut off from among God's children.

9. And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest.

10. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the Lord your God.

Whenever the children of Israel would reap the harvest of their land they was to leave the corners of thier fields and not reap them fully and they was to not go back into the fields and glean or gather up what got left behind as they was to leave it. They was to also leave what was left in their vineyards after the first gathering of their fields they was not to go back a second time and glean every grape they had in thier vineyards up but was to leave them for the poor and the strangers among them as they was to obey these laws for it was the Lord who was their God.

11. Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

12. And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord.

13. Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.

They were not to steal, cheat and lie to one another. They was not to swear or use the Lord's name in a manner that was not in the truth for to do so would be to profane the Lord's name and it was not allowed for their God was Holy and they was to have reverence unto His name. They were not to defraud or keep something back from their neighbor that belonged to them neither was they to rob thier neighbors nor was they to withhold any wages from a person in which they had hired to do work for them but they was to pay that person at the end of each day not keeping the person's wages til the next morning.

14. Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the Lord.

15. Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

They was not to curse the deaf or put any kind of stumblingblock in front of a blind person taking advantage of them and therefore causing the blind person to fall into any kind of trouble. But they was to fear the Lord within their treatment of the blind and deaf among them. They was to do no unrighteousness in judgment and have respect of persons among them but was to respect the poor as they was to respect those who had more but was to have right judgment toward their neighbors treating them all with the same respect one not being above anotheras this is what James taught in James 2:1-11 as true faith is impartial unto all.

16. Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour; I am the Lord.

17. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

18. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord.

There was none of the children of Israel to go around as a talebearer telling secrets on others or a gossip among them. Galatians 5 No person was to fight against his neighbor if they had blood on them as the Lord had said that "vengeance is mine saith the Lord" and He said that He would repay so they was not to get even any way with a neighbor if they had blood on them for something. They was not to hate their brother's in their hearts secretly abhoring things against them nor was they to rebuke thier neighbors nor put up with their sins that was upon them commiting sin with them in other words. They was not to avenge and bear grudges among themselves but was to show forth love to their neighbors and treat them the way they wanted to be treated for the Lord was their God and He was holy so they was to be holy.

19. Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

They was to adhere and keep God's laws having respect unto them. They was not to let any of their cattle mate with a different kind of cattle as each type of cattle was to breed with the same type of cattle no cross breeding. They was not to mixed or mingle different kinds of seeds together creating another type of plant as they was not to sow their fields with mingled seeds no hybids in other words. Nor was they to wear any garments that was made out of both linen and wool together.

20. And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free.

21. And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the Lord, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, even a ram for a trespass offering.

22. And the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering before the Lord for his sin which he hath done: and the sin which he hath done shall be forgiven him.

Those that would lay carnally with a woman that was a bondmaid or was betrothed to an husband and was not redeemed or freed yet then the woman was to be scourged and not put to death because she was not a freewoman but belonged to another. And he was to bring a trespass offering to the Lord to the door of the tabernacle a ram for a trespass offering and the priest would make atonement for the man who had layed carnally with the woman for his sin which he commited and he would be forgiven.

23. And when ye shall come into the land, and shall have planted all manner of trees for food, then ye shall count the fruit thereof as uncircumcised: three years shall it be as uncircumcised unto you: it shall not be eaten of.

24. But in the fourth year all the fruit thereof shall be holy to praise the Lord withal.

25. And in the fifth year shall ye eat of the fruit thereof, that it may yield unto you the increase thereof: I am the Lord your God.

Whenever the children of Israel would come into the land of Canaan and would have planted all kinds of trees for food then they was to count the fruit as uncircumcised or unclean for a period of three years and was not to eat it for those three years at all. But in the fourth year all of the fruit of those trees would be considered holy to the praise of the Lord with it. Then in the fifth year they could it the fruit that those trees bore on them they could take and harvest it all to themselves. for the Lord He it was that was their God.

26. Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.

27. Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

28. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

They was to drain all the blood out of any animals and not eat any meat with blood in it. they was not to use enchantment of any kind nor observe times and seasons. They was not to take a razor to thier heads and round the corners of their hair on their head nor was they to mar the corners of their beards it was forbidden. Nor was they to make any cuttings in thier flesh for the dead nor put tattoos and marks in their bodies for the Lord it was that was thier Lord and they was to honour God with their bodies and be holy for the Lord was Holy.

29. Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.

They was not to prostitute their own daughter's out for money and make a whore out of her for gain because it would cause the land in which they was going to inhabit to become full of wickedness as this was forbidden.

30. Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.

they was to keep the Lord's sabbaths for the sabbath was holy unto the Lord a day of rest and they was to see to it that they reverenced the Lord's sanctuary for the sanctuary was holy as the Lord their God was holy and was to be feared and reverenced as such.

31. Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.

32. Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the Lord.

They was not to listen or have any regards towards those with familiar spirits nor was they to seek for advice from wizards or they would be defiled and made unclean by doing so they was to seek the Lord and keep his statues for they was to remain holy for the Lord thier God was holy. They was to rise up in the presence of a gray haired person and have honour unto the face of an old person as the gray hair and wrinkles upon their face of an older person showed the wisdom of years in which they had to offer. As they was to fear the Lord their God for He it was that was their Lord and they was to be holy for the Lord their God was holy.

33. And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.

34. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

They was not to vex or opress any of the strangers that dwelt among them but was to treat them as one of their own people who was born among them and love them as they would their ownself because they were once strangers in the land of Egypt and were made slaves and the Lord was not a stranger unto them when they cried out out and the Lord had heard their cry and came and brought them out of the land of bondage. So they was to treat the strangers as one of their own people born among them for it was the Lord that was their God.

35. Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure.

36. Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.

37. Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the Lord.

They was not to do any unrighteousness in using their judgment but use it rightfully when measuring different things in just weights and balances and not cheat people when measuring out flour etc., but was to be just and right for the Lord was their God and it was He and He only that had brought them out of the land of Egypt. So they was to follow all of the laws with regards to their social behavior towards dealing with one another and keep them as these were right judgments from the Lord so they was to follow and do them for the Lord He it was that was God.

OC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

James 2:1-11 as true faith is impartial unto all.

:P

Leviticus 20

2. Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

3. And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.

4. And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:

5. Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.

This chaper is dealing with certain laws if broken or disobeyed carried certain penalties or punishment for doing so. As this second half of Leviticus is giving laws to teach them what was an acceptable walk with the Lord as this was sanctification or seperation unto God Himself instead of being like the other heathen nations with their evil practices around them. But these laws in this chapter if broken carried penalties with them. As the Lord spoke to Moses telling him to again speak to the children of Israel as they were already previously given the sins but not given the penalities for breaking them. But the Lord instructed that whoever of the children of Israel or the strangers living among them that gave their children as sacrifices unto the idol god Molech then that person was to be put to death as the children of Israel was to carry this punishment out by the method of stoning that person to death with stones. As the Lord's face would be against that person because of this evil practice of those who served the idol god Molech and was giving their own children in the fire as a sacrifice to that idol god. And by doing so that person defiled the Lord's sanctuary and profaned the Lord's holy name as they linked that practice to God Himself. And the Lord said He would cut those off who did that wickedness. I take it that they would literally bring their child to the door of the tabernacle and offer it to the priest to slay on on the brasen altar and thus defile the sanctuary of the Lord by doing so instead of bringing the animal sacrifices that was required of them to offer to the one and true living God instead of an idol god called Molech.

Because if the people of the land hid their eyes from the man who did this giving his child to Molech and they didn't stone the man to death for doing such wickedness in the eyes of God then the Lord said that he would set his face against that person who covered this sin up and ignored it and would be against the person's family as well and cut them and their entire family off from among his people that went a whoring along with him after other idol gods from the children of Israel. So the penalty for this was stoning to death with stones in other words death.

6. And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

7. Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the Lord your God.

8. And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the Lord which sanctify you.

The persons among the children of Israel that turned aside from the Lord and began to follow after those in whom had familiar spirits, or who were wizards then the penalties for turning aside unto these type of people was the Lord would set his face against them and would cut them off they would be disinherited. As they was to sanctify themselves unto the Lord keeping themselves holy and seperated unto the Lord their God only for it was the Lord that was their God. And they was to have reverence unto the Lord's laws and obey them for it was the Lord Himself that gave them these laws in order to sanctify them making them holy and different from the heathen nations around them who were corrupt.

9. For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

10. And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

If anyone cursed their father and mother they was to be put to death and his own blood would be upon his ownself for not honoring and obeying their parents as the Lord made them responsible for their own souls. The person who commited adultery with another man's wife both the man and the woman was to be put to death as the sin of adultery carried the penalty of death.

11. And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

A man that had sexual relations with his mother or father's wives then both the woman and the man was to be put to death as this was incest that would be covered under the sin of fornication and those who commited these types of sexual acts was responsible for thier own blood on their own souls. This is still taught in the New covenant in 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 as they are to be cut off from the church until they come to repentance of these types of sexual immorality. And Romans 1 covers other of these sexual immoral sins and behaviors that follow below.

12. And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion

; their blood shall be upon them.

If a man had sexual relationship with his own son's wife being his daughter in law then the man and his son wife was to be put to death as these types of sexual unions caused confusion in relationships as well as all of the one's that are being addressed in this chapter. And those who had sexual unions with their daughter in law then both of them the man and the woman would have to give account for thier own blood on their souls. It would be required at their own hands.

13. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

If a man used another man to have sexual union with them as he would a woman this being the sin of homosexuality then they commited and abomination in the sight of God and went against God's divine order and was to be put to death for such and act of wickedness and confusion that would be wrought in the land for doing so and they would be accountable for their own blood as it would be upon them only for doing such wickedness Romans chapter 1 also this covered the sin of lesbianism as well women with women.

14. And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.

If a man took a wife for himself and also took the woman's mother as well and had sexual relations with both of them then this was considered a wicked practice as this would be the man's mother in law in which was a relative and those who did this practice was to be taken and burned with fire both the man, the wife, and the mother in law. So that this sexual confusion would not be among God's chosen people as it was in the other nations around them and again is mentioned in 1 Corinthians 5

15. And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.

16. And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

The sin of beastiality was a sin and forbidden practice for a man or woman to lie sexually or have sexual type relationship with an animal in the same was a man and woman would have Also I believe this practice would be covered in Roman chapter 1 in being given over to a reprobate mind doing things in secret that were not even mentionable in public. The men and woman who practiced beastiality was to be killed and the animal in which they practiced this awful sexual act with was also to be put to death as this caused confusion as well and perverted the animals of the land. And those that did these type acts was responsible for their own blood on their hands before God and so would give account of it to him.

17. And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.

A man was not to take his own sister and have sexual relations with her as this was incest covered once again under fornication in 1 Coriinthians 5 This was considered a wicked thing to do so and those who commited sexual relations with brother or sisters was to be cut off and disinherited from among God's people and they would give account to God for their own souls being lost.

18. And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

A man was forbidden to have sexual relations with a woman while she was having her menustral cycle as the woman was considered unclean during this time and was to be seperated during those seven days to become clean again. But if a man went in to be with a woman and discovered she was having her menustral cycle and she allowed him to have sex with him during this time knowing she was unclean and would make him unclean as the man knew it as well but did it any way then both the man and the woman was to be cut off disinherited from God's people forever.

19. And thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister, nor of thy father's sister: for he uncovereth his near kin: they shall bear their iniquity.

No man was to have sexual relations with one aunt on either side of their family as they was there near kin and if they did so then they would be responsible to bear the iniquity of their own souls upon themselves again this falls under 1 Corinthians 5 as sexual relationships with relatives were forbidden practices.

20. And if a man shall lie with his uncle's wife, he hath uncovered his uncle's nakedness: they shall bear their sin; they shall die childless.

And if a man had sexual relations with thier aunt's then they was to be put to death cut off disinherited from among God's people and would die childless as a result having his own blood on his own hands to give an account for.

21. And if a man shall take his brother's wife, it is an unclean thing: he hath uncovered his brother's nakedness; they shall be childless.

If a man had sexual relations with his sister in law it was considerd unclean and wickedness and they also would be cut off and put to death being childless bearing their own sins upon themselves.

22. Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out.

23. And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

24. But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people.

They was commanded to keep all of these laws as they was right judgments from God teaching them right and wrong behaviors as they was to practice and obey them and do them whenever they came into the land of their inheritance given them by God so that the land would not spue them out and it given over to their ememies. As they were not to walk in the ways of the other nations around them in which God was driving out for their sakes before them. Because all of these sexual unions and perversions was all the other nations around them practicing and doing in their lands and the Lord hated the practices of this sexual immorality that was going on. As the Lord had told the children of Israel that they would inherit thier land and he would give them the land of Canaan that was flowing with milk and honey as the Lord Himself was their God that had delivered them out of Egyptian bondage and had seperated them and made them a nation unto Himself out of all the other nations of the earth to be His chosen people. So they was to keep themselves seperated and holy and walk a life that was acceptable in the eyes of the Lord according to His commandments. As I am reminded of the words of Jesus when he said, "If ye love me then keep my commandments" as the commandments of the Lord teach us right from wrong in how to live a life that is pleasing in God's sight as the word shows us how to live godly in this present world. Also it reminds me of 2 Corinthians 6:17--7:1 and also Ephesians 5; 1 Peter 2:9-12 we must be careful to not stumble over the chief cornerstone but let the Lord build our house on the rock as we follow him and his teachings in this life.

25. Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean.

They was to put a distinction between what was clean and unclean among the beast of the field as the laws of God taught was was appropriate to eat and not eat out of the animals in order to put a difference between them and the other nations as this was a type and shadow of the sanctification that would later come to believers by the blood of Christ making us clean and holy set apart by the blood of Christ. But they was to not eat the things God had instructed them not to eat from the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air and those things that creepeth on the ground that they was told in the laws was unclean for them as they would make their souls abominable and unclean in the Lord's sight. Something that the Lord would hate if they did it and broke these laws.

26. And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

As the Lord wanted them to be holy and different seperated unto Him only because He it was that was the one and only true and living God all other gods did not have life neither could speak or hear as they were dead gods neither could they save them from their sins. But it was the Lord God Himself that had severed them out of all the nations of the earth and seperated them unto Himself that they should belong to Him as His chosen people to show forth the praises of God. Once again reminded of 1 Peter 2:9-12 and 2 Corinhthians 6:17--7:1

27. A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Either a man or a woman among the children of Israel that had familiar spirit being a medium or a witch if it was a woman and if it was a man who had familiar spirits they was considered a wizard as they was not to suffer a witch or wizard to live and was to stone them with stones to their death and their own blood would be required at their own hands as they would be disinherited from among the children of Israel for practices such. As witchcraft and sorcery is forbidden in the new testament as well. Galatians 5

OC