• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

amor, believe it or not I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, I agree with you, BUT within reason. If the government is not willing to try to control its citizens then we should do everything in our power to force them to do so. I mean more of economic sanctions, not bullets although I don't count that out. However once again the ones that usually get hurt either way bombs/money are those that can't defend themselves because of poverty and lack of education.

You can't force governments that aid and abet their citizens in the performance of terrorism to be nice, by being nice.

????so whats the answer????

There isn't "An answer" because we are talking about a variety of different situations. In Palestine/Israel whatever other posters here think the "answer" is working towards the longterm establishment of an independent and economically viable Palestinian state alongside a secur Israel. Clearly that's not an easy task, it's one that needs major economic and diplomatic support from outside the region. As to Iraq that is a mess of America and Britain's making, I've no idea how that gets solved, but it won't be by those powers trying to dig their way out, again the solution will have to be international innvolvement, and also probably be expensive.

The thing about the Israel/Palestine problem is the only one thats ever shown any true and honest effort is Israel. Palestine, has because of Big Daddy Arafat and his friends consistently, lied, evaded, refused, provoked and destroyed, and in every way proven they were not dependable for trying to solve this problem. The newer government has shown me pretty much the same thing, if even half the money that was sent to benefit the people actually got to them, they would be 1000 times better off than they are now. But, like Arafat and his cronies, the money is being...........diverted, yeah thats a good way to put it. I know your stance on this issue, we do not agree and probably never will. Is Israel perfect, nope they have made mistakes, but they at least try to accommodate the Arab population, while the Arab population (for the most part) just wants Israel dead.

Like I said, we will just have to agree to disagree. I think its a big awful mess and I am glad I don't have to try to come up with a solution. The Gordian Knot would be easier to figure out than how to fix this mess.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic