IGNORED

Did Jesus want us involved with the Nations' Politics?

s-one

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings all,

Thank you for having a great forum that allows people to amalgamate. I was raised Catholic, did my first communion when I was a teen but since high school I had lost my way. I

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

God has a different purpose for each and every one of us, just like we each have been given different gifts. So some christians might be called to make a difference and to be His witness into politics, others not.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/02/1988

The church throughout history had influenced politics.We are asked to pray for our governments in the Bible.Now that is lost, and now people say churched should not be involved.My feelings are different, use church to impact society.A survey taken in New York shows 70 percent of people interviewd said they have no problem with Jesus.Wow isnt it....but why are they not saved...Well...in the same survey &0 percent said they have a definite problem witht the church.They believe Jesus can realte to them better than the church.My Stand is....the church.....must go into politics, media, arts, entertainment and not only that...be the top of it....!I have mixed up several topics...but nevertheless ..the church is meant for greater things!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

When it is election time I investigate who is a Christian,not who claims to be a Christian,but whose past reflects that they are a Christian. That person gets my vote be they Rep. Dem. Ind.or whatever.

People that are running for local office here in South Ms.often come door to door asking for votes My questions to them...Are you a Christian and what tell me some of the things you have done and want to do that reflects that .It throws a few of them off their spiel let me tell you!!! :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

First and foremost, they are not trusting the Lord on this issue. Isn't the Lord aware of abortions taking place, and if so, why is He not doing anything about it?

He also knows there's a fire down the street, but I don't see the OP of the article calling for an end to using the fire department! :21:

Second, they are being puffed up in pride, thinking God is only speaking to them in terms of a calling for ministry.

Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned....." (NASB)

You see, the moralist sees a company supporting Planned Parenthood as "evil", but a company that supports the local zoo as "good". There is no discernment of the spiritual, only of the flesh.

You're coming ever so close to gnosticism here! I'll let Paul say something in regards to this:

Colossians 2:20 Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21 "Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? 22 These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence. (NIV)

The moralist boycotts "evil" people or organizations

I know it's not in Scripture, but there is the story of John having nothing to do with a certain heretic! He left!!!!

In short, I think the OP of the article is long on opinion, short on fact, and even shorter on Biblical basis for his stance! ;)

You guys responded quickly! I can only hope that you read it so I'm not wasting my time. I really do not know how to reply to your responses as I am still overwhelmed by the article. Remember, I'm still new to Christianity and very hungry to learn about HIM. The more I learn, it gives me a new look of what is wrong with my surroundings. Thus becoming very passionate to the "right" to fix things via politics, voting, etc... doing my part in God's will and a U.S. Citizen. But to the contrary, the article states the opposite and I am confused. Here's the thing, my current thoughts only, if Christians do not get involved with U.S. politics, the entire world will spiral down this slippery slope of evil. Could this perhaps be how the prophecies of Revelations be fulfilled? Again, not making this a political discussion. Also, can some of you point to some of your arguments against the author's writing?

Also thanks Butero :21:

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

When it is election time I investigate who is a Christian,not who claims to be a Christian,but whose past reflects that they are a Christian. That person gets my vote be they Rep. Dem. Ind.or whatever.

People that are running for local office here in South Ms.often come door to door asking for votes My questions to them...Are you a Christian and what tell me some of the things you have done and want to do that reflects that .It throws a few of them off their spiel let me tell you!!! :21:

I look at this a little different. I don't vote on which candidate claims to be a Christian or who lives the most pious life. I vote based on how they will vote as my Representative. If they are pro-life, they will get my vote if the person is an atheist over a liberal Democrat who claims to be Christian but supports abortion. There are a lot of people that claim to be Christian, but their votes reflect otherwise. Then there are people that have no religious affiliation, but will vote for issues that reflect Christian morals. I don't look to see if they had some 30 year old DUI as the standard of them deserving my vote, or if they got caught saying a swear word. I look at how they govern. That is what will impact the country.

This is what I meant Butero not that I investigated whether they had ever been in jail,but their political past,votes etc. ;)

Ronald,

That is what I was looking for. Your opinions about the authors points. What about these point he made?

No its not you Butero, I think by posting the link to the article it generated a lot of traffic to either slow the response to a crawl or they didn't want to be charged with the bandwidth and thus removed it. In any case, I do have a copy of it but I will not post it here because of copyright violations. I can't PM it b/c I do not have enough posts. Thanks for all your responses.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Ronald,

That is what I was looking for. Your opinions about the authors points. What about these point he made?