• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

Wicca is a common and much older name for witchcraft. The term witchcraft has been defined in different ways. In the past it has most often referred to the human harnessing of supernatural powers for the malevolent purpose of practicing black magic. For this reason, witchcraft, sorcery, and magic are nearly synonymous. Witchcraft is not, however, synonymous with Satanism. Not all witches worship Satan, and in fact many do not believe in Satan at all. Nor do they believe in hell, evil, or original sin. These groups believe that Satan is an imaginary creation of the Christian Church. If they believe in Satan at all they will tell you that the devil is just another Christian diety. They also do not believe in demons, and their deities are considered to be "imminent", or within each of us, meaning that everyone is actually deity.

Much like the New Age Movement, most Wiccans do not accept the belief that there is good or evil. They argue that there are only forces that must be balanced. Evil is just a necessary part of good and the negative can be transmuted into the positive (a basic belief of medieval alchemy). While political views are not universal among witches, most support neo-tolerance. There is no absolute truth. What's true for you may not be true for me, so everything is true, just pick one. They also are strong supporters of women's rights and matriarchy, sexual "freedom" (including homosexuality, polyamory, non-monogamy, sexual activity by teens), abortion, and the abolition of Christianity from public life, especially in schools and governmental functions. In recent years there have been lawsuits filed by Pagans against such things as "In God We Trust", student-led prayer in schools, the Ten Commandments, and Christian symbols, such as the Cross, in city and county seals. However, many are also active in getting the schools to teach the Wiccan holidays (Halloween, Winter Solstice, etc.), pagan elements of "Earth Day", and Pagan symbolism. An ally in the fight to introduce pagan earth worship into the schools is found in the United Nations as they are working to promote the Earth Charter in education, a document that contains much pagan tradition and doctrine.

The definitive start of the modern witchcraft era began with Gerald Gardner (1884-1964). As an archaeologist, Gardner had accumulated an extensive occult background. While in Southeast Asia, he learned the secrets of the Malaysian magical knife and became a Mason and a nudist. In 1939 when he returned to England an avid occultist, he became a member of the Corona Fellowship of Rosicrucians where he met Dorothy Clutterbuck. Clutterbuck initiated Gardner into witchcraft. Gordon wrote two books, one of which he claimed was to record accurately the history and practice of witchcraft, as he felt it was dying out. J. Gordon Melton stated in his review of Gardner's book Witchcraft Today, "Research suggests that Gardner did not discover a pre-existing Witchcraft group". A paper by Gardner published by Ripley's Believe it or Not disclosed that Gardner took the magical resources he acquired in Asia and a selection of Western magical texts and created a new religion centered upon the worship of the Mother-Goddess."

This was an important beginning in witchcraft, for it is the worship of the Mother-Goddess that has become the focus of modern witchcraft. From Gardner's writings, greatly influenced by Aleister Crowley, Theosophy, Freemasonry, ritual/sex magic, and numerous other occult sources, emerged modern day Wicca.

NOW THEY DO BELIEVE A BUNCK OF JUNK DONT THEY ......

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Some have found "Wicca" through our modern contemporary culture of video games and Harry Potter. Most are very young and getting younger all the time. Some are as young as 10 or 11 years old.

Many of these children who dabble in the occult are "latch-key" kids who received minimal supervision at home and are left to their own devices. Bottom line: They're LOST

They lack godly direction and moral training by Christian parents. In order to compensate for this, they gravitate toward anything that appears to meet the natural need man has for his Creator.

Enter: The Christian.

It is our job to be Christ's representatives here on earth....to be His ears, His eyes, His voice...His loving arms...and to direct those lost sheep to the real Shepherd who has the power to change their lives.

Until we meet our responsibility to evangelize the world, we will always have Wiccans, Satanists, New Agers, homosexuals, drug addicts, prostitutes, theives, murderers, alcoholics...(ad nauseaum).

There is only one cure to all the sin and misery in this life: Jesus Christ.

Those who continue to walk in darkness are helplessly bound to the darkness until one of us introduces him or her to the Light of the World, Jesus Christ.

Until then, there will always be a sea of humanity hopelessly ensnared in Satan's web. Only when we throw out a "Life Savior" will souls be spared. I think we need to get busy!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thanks for the educational info!

I believe it is good for us to understand where they are coming from.

Of course, when witnessing, we need to show them repect - as in, don't make fun of their beliefs. They react to that the same way we react to an athiest calling the Genesis creation account a "myth."

Just my 2 cents.

Hi, Patsy...glad to hear Gary's doing a little better... :il:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Teh Wiccan
Wicca is a common and much older name for witchcraft.  The term witchcraft has been defined in different ways.  In the past it has most often referred to the human harnessing of supernatural powers for the malevolent purpose of practicing black magic.  For this reason, witchcraft, sorcery, and magic are nearly synonymous.

This was an important beginning in witchcraft, for it is the worship of the Mother-Goddess that has become the focus of modern witchcraft.  From Gardner's writings, greatly influenced by Aleister Crowley, Theosophy, Freemasonry, ritual/sex magic, and numerous other occult sources, emerged modern day Wicca.

Edited to add: I still hold the creation as sacred. After all, who was it made by?

NOW  THEY DO BELIEVE A  BUNCK OF JUNK DONT THEY  ......

Practicing Magic that would harm others is not allowed in Wicca... Theres reasons it is defined in different ways. :D

Could you elaborate on that last paragraph a bit? Specifically the bit about sex magic, I don't remember learning any of that.

Last, I would like to respond to the title... I do worship the creator, not the creation. Its like saying I worship the almighty Oak Tree. :blink: I just focus on somebody/something else than in Christian teachings.

Teh, if you'll focus on the true Creator...you'll be on the right track.

He has a name, Teh. It's Jesus Christ. He's not some impersonal "creature" ..like some amoeba or something...He's a real Person with a personality. There's not a shred of evil in Him. He's the very embodiment of what is good.

He's not some impersonal force out there in yonder space...

Perhaps, you'd like to meet Him? Ask Him to reveal Himself...

I actually sat down one night and wrote a "Letter to God"...and asked Him to reveal Himself IF He was really real.

Guess what? He did.

I asked God to make Himself real to me by writing a letter to Him. I can assure you, after I wrote that letter, my life was never the same. That was the first step for me.

Try it. You don't have to "fish around" for a god. Go for the "real deal" Teh.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Teh,

I have taken the liberty of adding you to my prayer list. I simply refuse to think that God doesn't have you here for some purpose, ya know? You could truly be a shining light to a lot of people when you meet the REAL Creator God! I'll be praying for you as I know others on here will as well. Have a great evening.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

just because some one does not worship satan, or believe that he even exist, but does not accept the Lord Jesus Christ, they are still just as lost....

if they are nor for Jesus, they are against Him.....

a man dies, and finds himself in this field, with others, and in the next field to him are a bunch of thugs, cursing and carrying on, and in another field on the other side are a bunch of people singing, praising, worshipping...

this man thinks every thing is ok, for he was not a bad man, but really did good, didnt curse, drink, smoke, cheat, didnt hurt anyone, was actually a pretty decent guy..... then, he watch at satan came up with his task masters, and drove the one group away, ( the thugs ) down into the deep dark pitts of hell.....

and then he heard a wonderful sshout for Joy.... and here comes Jesus, and he takes this other group of people with him to their new home.....

as he is standing there thinking how nice it would be in heaven, he hears something and turns and it is satan and his thugs/demons, telling him it is time.... he said , hey wait, i was not a bad guy, I didnt worship you....I didnt follow you or do anything wrong.... I should be with that other group.....

satan informs him with a laugh, You did not accept Jesus as your Savior, you listened to me, and did not realize it, I get all the fence walkers, I get the ones that did not choose Jesus. you will perish right along with the rest of us.....

just being good, and not hurting anyone is not what is required..... taking and accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior......

mike

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Mike,

That's food for thought certainly. Gets one to thinking!