• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

"So you dont believe in the holy ghost? (thats how its refered to in the Bible.)"

Lol I think you're kidding right?

Well that's in the King James Version. In modern versions it's rendered correctly as "Holy Spirit". There's no "ghost" in the original languages... so it's just an Englishman trying to translate something in commonly idendifiable terms.

Shalom

No I was serious..I dont know about the kj...I have serveral differant versions and see Ghsot in all of them...does no one here remember the witch of ender?...she called up a ghost.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/25/1988

wow i never knew that! thanks..i never seen a ghost, i just wondered

May God bless you then. My little sister has seen demons in our home, she would cry hysterical.

Edited by Warrior of Christ

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Technically Elijah didn't really die he was taking up to heaven on a chariot of fire.

2 Kings 2:11-12 (Amplified Bible)

11As they still went on and talked, behold, a chariot of fire and horses of fire parted the two of them, and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 12 And Elisha saw it and he cried, My father, my father! The chariot of Israel and its horsemen! And he saw him no more. And he took hold of his own clothes and tore them in two pieces.

And Moses body was hidden from all even Satan, in fact Michael the fought for Moses body.

Deuteronomy 34:5-7 (Amplified Bible)

5So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord, 6And He buried him in the valley of the land of Moab opposite Beth-peor, but no man knows where his tomb is to this day. 7Moses was 120 years old when he died; his eye was not dim nor his natural force abated.(A)

Jude 1:8-10 (Amplified Bible)

9But when [even] the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, judicially argued (disputed) about the body of Moses, he dared not [presume to] bring an abusive condemnation against him, but [simply] said, The Lord rebuke you!(A)

Of course God knew the plan, that both Elijah and Moses would visit Jesus on the mount. So God preserved both their bodies for transfiguration. I am not sure why Satan felt he had right to Moses body. Maybe someone else knows.

I remember what Jesus said about when we die.

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[c] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.' 25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.' 27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.' 29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.' 30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.' 31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

As far as ghost, I believe they are demons, fallen angels. And since we know that a 1/3 of angels were throw out of heaven. These fallen celestial beings come in a varitiey

Webster dictionary:a traditional hierarchy of angels ranked from lowest to highest into the following nine orders: angels, archangels, principalities, powers, virtues, dominions, thrones, cherubim, and seraphim.

Ephesians 6:11-13 (New International Version)

11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

They are smarter then us and know the bible backward and forward. I always remember how satan qouted the word back to Jesus. They know all are weakiness and strenghs, but the good news is Jesus has already won the war.

Kate :thumbsup:

GHOSTS?

yes....I can recall 2 counts of this myself in the bible...wait no....three.....the first being saul using a witch to call up samuel from the dead...who was very annoyed by the calling, and did appear as a ghost............the second being -when christ was walking towards the boat on the water...his deciples thought he may be a ghost!......and thirdly...not unlike starwars, where lucas had yoda, anakin, and obiwan appear to luke-----jesus also stood on the mount and was transfigured before his deciples, and appeared with elijah, and hmmm.....maybe moses..I dont recall now....but those , and samuel who had been long dead-were definately ghosts.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

GHOSTS?

Not directly, though it does teach us that spirits are not roaming the earth waiting to be released from some spirit realm into eternal rest. Once to die, then the judgement. Absent from the body and then present with the Lord (or conversely in hell of course). You can't get stuck.