IGNORED

It is not wrong for Gods servants to be wealthy!!

Nevin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I did see the conflict in the thread. People just choose to misunderstand. I am not about to answer to every little point. My view was in my own post. I do believe, however, that God does desire to prosper us. His people in the past have been the ones given wealth.

Rather than keep to such a narrow view concerning monetary wealth, I choose to express how God wants us all to prosper in every area as His people on earth. It is His desire and pleasure.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

I did see the conflict in the thread. People just choose to misunderstand. I am not about to answer to every little point. My view was in my own post. I do believe, however, that God does desire to prosper us. His people in the past have been the ones given wealth.

Rather than keep to such a narrow view concerning monetary wealth, I choose to express how God wants us all to prosper in every area as His people on earth. It is His desire and pleasure.

I find it VERY interesting that you are never one of the people who misunderstands but constantly accuse people of misunderstanding.....

It is not wrong for Gods servants to be wealthy!!, I am right guys - scriptures back this up

This is the thread title. I was agreeing with that. I also find absolutely nothing wrong in the first post. Did you know that the Bible has more scriptures on money than it does on love? True.

Not it doesn't. There are aprox. 2,000 verses on poverty, 340 verses dealing directly with love, and only about 140 verses dealing directly with money. In these, the ones on poverty only about 10 deal with those in poverty in a negative way...the rest admonish us to take care of them. In money, only about 20 deal with us having money, the rest tell us to avoid seeking after it.

Oy! You count fast! Thanks for that. It seems that the broader term of poverty concerns money--so the little factoid is correct.

It is not wrong for Gods servants to be wealthy!!, I am right guys - scriptures back this up

This is the thread title. I was agreeing with that. I also find absolutely nothing wrong in the first post. Did you know that the Bible has more scriptures on money than it does on love? True.

Not it doesn't. There are aprox. 2,000 verses on poverty, 340 verses dealing directly with love, and only about 140 verses dealing directly with money. In these, the ones on poverty only about 10 deal with those in poverty in a negative way...the rest admonish us to take care of them. In money, only about 20 deal with us having money, the rest tell us to avoid seeking after it.

Oy! You count fast! Thanks for that. It seems that the broader term of poverty concerns money--so the little factoid is correct.

Nice try, but you are wrong, once again (see a trend?). In the verses on poverty is speaks how it is better to be poor than rich, how we are to help those who are in poverty, how we should desire after poverty if we have haughty attitudes, etc.

Nice try, but you failed.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/30/1984

I agree with you Mike, about people having a job to WORK and not to GET A PAYCHECK.

Scripture says time and time again that the Lazy man is cursed, and that one who does not provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

"But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially his family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an infidel."

1 Timothy 5:8

This in reference to lazy men who let their families starve, not disabled people btw.

In Texas, we have a system where someone doesn't get paid until the Job is done... but this is like in small towns where corporate law doesn't overrule common sense. IF you don't do the work required of you to get paid, why should you be paid?

Lol

Shalom

Nice try, but you are wrong, once again (see a trend?). In the verses on poverty is speaks how it is better to be poor than rich, how we are to help those who are in poverty, how we should desire after poverty if we have haughty attitudes, etc.

Nice try yourself. Scriptures on poverty still pertain to money or the lack of it. Why are you so eager to hammer people? Talk about haughty!

Nice try yourself. Scriptures on poverty still pertain to money or the lack of it. Why are you so eager to hammer people? Talk about haughty!

There's the floatingaxe we all know and love....if she can't argue against it she attacks the person instead! :wub::):)

It still disproves your original point in trying to say that money (in a positive connotation) is mentioned more than love.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Looking at my bible software search engine....

Verses containing the word:

love = 342

money = 25

poverty = 19

wealth = 41

Seems like monetarily themed verses total 85, whereas love themed verses total 342.

Looking at my bible software search engine....

Verses containing the word:

love = 342

money = 25

poverty = 19

wealth = 41

Seems like monetarily themed verses total 85, whereas love themed verses total 342.

Definately get the point, but you may want to redo that search...there are over 50 references to poverty in Proverbs alone (I believe).

There's the floatingaxe we all know and love....if she can't argue against it she attacks the person instead! :wub::):)

It still disproves your original point in trying to say that money (in a positive connotation) is mentioned more than love.

Oh well, suit yourself. Proof, schmoof. I choose to believe it...I never made it up, either. I don't attack--I defend. Get the point? Now I am going out for a game of Uno and chocolate pie--far more important. Toodles. :)