IGNORED

Who Crucified Jesus?

Ovedya

And by the way....

When they entered the land, Joshua gave the choicest property to Caleb in Hebron...the land of the patriarchs.

What did this gentile do?

He gave it to the Levites for the service of God.

I think Caleb is the best picture of the church in the Old Testament. We are gentiles grafted in through the tribe of Judah. We (should) have the faith to "take the land" from the enemy and when we have finally entered that promise we should be willing to give up our crowns in the service of God.

We should also bless Israel every chance we get.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shilo says

Had I not done that, I would stand accused of condemning Christianity en masse, as being anti-Semitic. Unbelieving Jews believe that Christianity is, in general, completely antagonistic to Jews. I am trying to avoid the appearance of the same attitude.

So, I am in a no win situation there. If I avoid targeting specific statements, and limiting my accusations there, I will be accused of being anti-Christian. If I avoid generalization of Christians and simply focus on what specific people have said

(in this case, idol), then I am accused of personal attacks. Which way to go?

I have chosen the lesser of two choices, both of which are bad. I will be condemned no matter which way I go.

Honestly, I don't think anyone condemns you but we aren't wrestling with flesh and blood anyway. Sometimes it seems like you view all opposition through the lenses of those who persecuted you

I am guilty of the very thing I'm talking to you about....just trying to share what I've learned.

:exclaimation:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

This man was the son of a Kennizite...one of the tribes that was supposed to be eradicated in the verses you posted.

You learn something new every day! I had never even stopped to think about the fact that Caleb was not a natural born Israelite!

Guest shiloh357
Honestly, I don't think anyone condemns you but we aren't wrestling with flesh and blood anyway. Sometimes it seems like you view all opposition through the lenses of those who persecuted you

I am guilty of the very thing I'm talking to you about....just trying to share what I've learned.

No, I am not looking at all opposition that way. I can see why one would say that, though. Not that I have not done that in the past with some people, but that is not the case here. I am looking Idolsmasher through what he has posted, and through what he REFUSES to post. I do not see him as being like those who persecuted me before. Idol is a different breed. I have been accused on this board and on THIS thread of being "anti-Christian." That is why I zeroed in on specific statements made by a specific person. I am not trying to "wrestle with flesh and blood," but I am addressing hatred that has been expressed on this board, albeit in a very subtle and "civilized" manner. Like I said, I have only two choices when it comes to addressing the issue. Both are bad, and I chose the lesser of the two, so to speak.