• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Watchman Nee. From the book The Spirit of the Gospel (1986, CFP, Inc.)

Part Three, sub-point B. titled, Who Crucified the Lord?

Scripture Reading: Isaiah 53:3; Acts 3:13-16; Matthew 27:39-52 Luke 22:42

In Acts 8 we are told that Philip the Evangelist pointed out to the eunuch that Isaiah 53:7-8, as quoted in Acts 8:32-33

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Thought provoking, God-man

Your last statement was;

The veil is now rent; otherwise, no man could ever draw near to God. Man of old could enter into the holy place, but never the holiest of all except for the high priest who in type represented the Great High Priest (Jesus) who was to come. It is God who rent the veil; thus the way to God is opened. Because Christ died, I now can live. Because He lives, I may enter into glory.

He made a show of sin openly. The spliting of the veil is to reveal the root cause of sin. The priests were expert in Mosaic law, and the priests were his strongest opposition. They knew the letter of the law, but they did not understand the spirit of the law. Therefore, they worsipped much like organized religion in general attempts to worship God today, according to the letter of the law, but not in spirit and truth.

Yeshua bore our sin in the form of the curse of death that our sin placed on him. Our sin was to ignore Yeshua, so that we could listen to the doctrines of a house devided against itself.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

This post was mainly in response to a few threads on the boards in which there are some statements that are decidedly anti-Semetic.

The false teaching that the Jews killed Jesus has permeated church theology and doctrine for thousands of years. We need to realize the facts pointed out above, that it was not the Jews that killed Jesus, but it was man in general. It was me! On the one hand, it pleased God to put Him to death. But on the other hand, it was because of me that Christ died. MY sins were placed upon Him. He bore MY iniquities. This myth that the Jews killed Jesus and therefore they are condemned must be dispelled from the church.

• Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Yes, I did it....... :down:

IR

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

This post was mainly in response to a few threads on the boards in which there are some statements that are decidedly anti-Semetic.

The false teaching that the Jews killed Jesus has permeated church theology and doctrine for thousands of years. We need to realize the facts pointed out above, that it was not the Jews that killed Jesus, but it was man in general. It was me! On the one hand, it pleased God to put Him to death. But on the other hand, it was because of me that Christ died. MY sins were placed upon Him. He bore MY iniquities. This myth that the Jews killed Jesus and therefore they are condemned must be dispelled from the church.

Yes, sin, doubt and unbelief, did it, which includes me. And Yeshua permitted it to show us that we have doubt and unbelief. Then it is up to us to repent and be baptized in his name.

Yes, He died for me too. sm_hi545.gif What a sad event for the Lord to take on all my sins. I cry when I realize He died for us all. Yes, we are the ones that killed Him even though He willingly laid down His life.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

It was for me He died

Praise His Holy name, what a Savior!

GRACE GRACE WONDERFUL GRACE

:rolleyes::unsure::blink::D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest charlie

<<The false teaching that the Jews killed Jesus has permeated church theology and doctrine for thousands of years. We need to realize the facts pointed out above, that it was not the Jews that killed Jesus, but it was man in general. >>

Jesus died for all mankind. But, it was the Romans who drove in the nails. And it was the Jewish Priests who wanted it done and motivated them to do it. This was foretold in the O.T. Judas betrayed the Lord for silver. Is he innocent because the whole thing was part of God's plan long before Judas was born.

Why is it we're not allowed to say this without being labeled anti-Semetic? I'm really tired of political correctness. It's has a chilling affect on honest discussion. Yet everybody talks about, the truth, the truth, the truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Mal 2:10

10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

(KJV)

John 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

(KJV)

Rom 4:11-12

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

(KJV)

Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

(KJV)

Rom 10:12

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

(KJV)

Phil 3:3

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

(KJV)

Rom 2:29

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

(KJV)

So yes the Jews were why He died, but it wasn't us who killed Him, He went to that cross of His own freewill to show us the way to crucify our flesh in submission to the will Of God. And let me add to crucify means to crucify, with no conditions, And it has to start with us believing we can. When we decide to take up our crosses and follow Jesus we have to start with Him from the time He was preparing Himself for the actual nailing to. He informed His disciples that He was going to be crucified, He called some to pray with Him, and He prayed The Father to find another way, He knew that He could call legions of Angels to deliver Him, and resisted that temptation to do so to shedding of blood.

Mathew 27

11: And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.

12: And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.

13: Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?

14: And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.

15: Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.

16: And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.

17: Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?

18: For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.

19: When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.

20: But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.

21: The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.

22: Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.

23: And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.

24: When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

25: Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

Peter said in Acts 3: 13: The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

14: But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

15: And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

16: And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

17: And now, brethren, I know that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

Steven said in Acts 7: 51: Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

52: Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:53: Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

54: When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

55: But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

So to deny that the Jews killed Jesus is denying the word of God. But just as Jesus forgave them and Steven forgave them for his death also, so must all Christians do the same thing.

To say that the Jews did not kill him is a lie, and gives the impression that there is no fault or sin to be forgiven. This lie perpitrates the myth and lie of "Gods Chosen People". Besides if the Jews had not killed him there would not be any salvation for anyone including the Gentiles. So what was to be the down fall for the Jewish nation because of ignorance, became the salvation for the Gentiles. So to make a blanket acusation against all Jews because of their race is wrong and certainly is racism. We must remember if it weren't for those Jewish prophets, apostles and disciples, the Gentiles would know nothing of the Lord or salvation.

take care and be aware