IGNORED

Please read this it is very important . . .

Guest ronald230nc

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The message only takes about 4 minutes to read and it is too important not to read.

This is the most important question of your life.

The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you are, nor if you are a church member, but are you saved? Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?

The Holy Bible describes Heaven as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness and pain. {Revelation 21:4}

Many people wrongly think that just being a good person and/or belonging to a local church will get them into Heaven.

I am sure that you would agree that you have the right to say who may enter your own home.

In the same way, Heaven is where God lives and He has the right to say who may enter.

God tells us in the Holy Bible exactly what it takes for us to go to Heaven when we die.

First, my friend, you must realize that we were born with a sinful nature. The Holy Bible says,

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Acts 9

1Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

5"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.

"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. 6"Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

So, Card, if we recieve Christ through baptism, what about the theif on the cross? Jesus told him he'd be with Jesus in Paradise, but never had the chance to be baptized. Surely Jesus wasn't lying.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

You are leaving crucial parts of the plan of salvation that Christ laid down for us. It won't work if you only do part of it.

It is interesting how that John The Baptist paved the way for Christ's coming with baptism, Christ himself was baptized, the Apostles were baptized, Christ commanded the Apostles to go into the world baptizing, in Acts 2:41 we find 3,000 people get baptized, we find all over the book of Acts people being baptized, we find all over the rest of the New Testement exhorting baptism, we find Christ teaching that we must be born again of the "WATER and of the Spirit", yet many of today's religions teaches that baptism is not necessary and/or that it is a "Man made institution".

You will never, ever find in the bible Christ or the Apostles telling people to do what this post is telling people to do. Instead you find different people inquiring how to be saved and you find this in the bible, not from some tract or website:

John 3:1-5 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:37-39 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Acts 16:30-33 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

You will NEVER see an example of where people are doing or exhorted to say a "Sinners Prayer" to ask Christ in their heart as their Lord and personal savior. Instead you will find:

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

We get Christ through baptism

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

If I believe AND am baptized I will be saved. It takes both.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

To many people will argue to the death that baptism is not part of our salvation when there are many scriptures that they atest the do.

ronald230nc: Jesus Christ(God the Son) always hears those who turn to Him for salvation.

So, Card, if we recieve Christ through baptism, what about the theif on the cross? Jesus told him he'd be with Jesus in Paradise, but never had the chance to be baptized. Surely Jesus wasn't lying.

Many, many, many people ask this question.

1st off the laws of the New Testement, which housed baptism, did not come into effect until after the death of Christ.

Hebrews 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

Second, Christ had the power to forgive sins while he was on the earth and he did that for the man on cross.

Mark 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)

God bless you, you are tenacious, aren't you?

We have already discussed this in another thread. I would suggest you go over to the Water Baptism thread and read and reply there. This thread is for promoting the salvation message of Jesus Christ. It is not for arguing the merits and theological idiosyncracies of baptism.

God bless you!

Anita

Edited by anitarose

God bless you, you are tenacious, aren't you?

We have already discussed this in another thread. I would suggest you go over to the Water Baptism thread and read and reply there. This thread is for promoting the salvation message of Jesus Christ. It is not for arguing the merits and theological idiosyncracies of baptism.

God bless you!

Anita

That's just it, teaching that all I have to do is pray to God and I'm saved is NOT the salvation message of

Jesus Christ. Christ never went around teaching that. Read what Christ commanded his Apostles to do before he left the earth:

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mark 16:15-16 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

That is the Salvation message of Jesus Christ.

Really? Then why did I learn in Bible school that water baptism is only a demonstration outwardly of the salvation given to men from Jesus Christ? Is my school seriously wrong? Do you want to debate this with my TEACHERS???

I would strongly again suggest that you take this to the Water Baptism thread. I will not respond again to you. I am praying for you that God shows you the right way.

God bless you,

Anita

Guest mareesta

Each of us has our own way and who is to say one is right and the other is wrong or the other is right and the one is wrong. What I have learned is different than most of you and I have no doubt that I will go to be with God when this body dies.

Why should saying a prayer here on a forum make one a Christian but baptism not make one a Christian. It seems more likely that a ceremony, rite such as baptism would make a person a Christian, moreso than saying a small prayer on a forum somewhere in space. :24: