IGNORED

Mystery Babylon is USA?

Guest Jerry Davis

Guest Jerry Davis

Hi. I'm new to the forum, and its refreshing to see so many believers here. Praise God for that! We live in hard times, and we will really need to encourage each other until Jesus comes for us. Today! Please!?

I wrote an article about the Mystery Babylon, and why I believe strongly that it is here in America, particularly along the east coast. The article is relatively short, well-researched, and pretty easy to understand. Please take a minute and read it. If you think it has merit, pray about it and let the Lord direct you thereafter.

(site link removed by moderator)

God bless you. Jesus Christ is Lord.

Jerry

(Note: We do not allow posts or sites that promote conspiracy theories here at worthy. For clarification see this link:

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=17381)

Thanks, the mod team

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jerry Davis
Hello Jerry and welcome to Worthy. When it comes to Mystery Babylon, nobody knows for sure what this is refering to. I know there are many that believe it is America, but I tend to disagree. This is mere speculation, and may be swiftly proven incorrect if things take a dramatic turn in world events, but here are my thoughts at the moment.

I believe Mystery Babylon will be in Iraq. Today, that may seem absurd, but how about 20 years from now? With the overthrow of Sadaam, and the setting up of a free nation, it is quite possible that once the dust settles and the terrorist threat is squashed, Iraq could become a strong nation, built on a free market.

Anyway, that is pure speculation, and as I already stated, it could prove to be wrong, but based on the way things are going today, I believe it is quite possible.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe so, maybe so, but looking at the chaos over there... naa, I just can't see it. Plus, what trade do they do? Only oil. And would the merchants of the world weep, as described in the scriptures, if we lost Iraq as a trading partner? Chuck Smith thinks it will be Iraq/Babylon too, but I reckon its us :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

AS with any prophecy we are only given enough information to identify it only when it has taken place. It may fully well be that America is to play a central role in some prophecy, but on other hand America may play no part.

I read a lot of these prophecy predictions with a pinch of salt, quite often it seems the American authors are so wrapped up in their own domestic politics and news that they hardly take a peek outside the borders to see what is going on elsewhere in the world.

A number of these doomsday scenarios is nothing more than right wing Christian scare tactic propaganda designed to whip people up into a point of hysteria where they think that unless everyone in the country prays for forgiveness and fasts for a whole month America will suddenly be wiped off the map, which will all take place sometime soon within the next few months.

Yes there are parallels and a few comparisons can be made to fit the prophecy to the events and places you write, but again you can do so to any number of places in the world at this time., Your Babylon article makes same assumptions most prophecy predictions make, that the prophecy will come true in just a few years. However chances are that it will not, no one knows when these things will take place, in 100 years time there maybe a large economic centre in any number of places, China is growing in its economical wealth, so why not there?

The destruction of any major financial market and centre in the world will bring a huge collapse on the world, many nations and leaders deal with centres, the likes of Hong Kong and London, both of which can bring the West to its knees .

In any article you can simply change USA for Europe and you have an identically valid prediction, but yet again most articles are foolish to conclude that things will be the same in hundred years or more as they are now.

It is a dangerous game to play prophecy prediction. If you start elaborating too much and come across as having an insight or speak as if you are convinced that the prediction is correct then you yourself unwittingly become a false prophet. You are in danger of claiming to have interpretational knowledge of a Biblical prophecy If you claim to have this knowledge, and it proves to be wrong, you will incur the wrath of God.

There is nothing wrong with discussing prophecy and it is to be encouraged, but when people start making bold claims that a certain prophecy is almost certainly XYZ then we have over stepped the mark.

Only time will tell, and many of these things will come to pass during the tribulation, which hopefully we will not see. Unless you have been given interpretations from God and had it confirmed, then it is prudent to tone down any conjecture as to the prophecy in case people take your predictions as an accurate interpretation.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

I believe Mystery Babylon will be in Iraq.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe so, maybe so, but looking at the chaos over there... naa, I just can't see it. Plus, what trade do they do? Only oil. And would the merchants of the world weep, as described in the scriptures, if we lost Iraq as a trading partner? Chuck Smith thinks it will be Iraq/Babylon too, but I reckon its us :)

You are making the classic mistake of assuming that the world is going to just keep still especially over 100 years.. wrong. even a few decades can transform maps politics and economic centres.

Middle east has always been a gateway between Asia and Europe, throughout history, especially the ancient history, huge cities have risen from the sands of the Middle East, built on trade routes between Asia and Europe.

With America now involved and one of the biggest embassies ever to be built. the possibilities of a new trade between, Iraq is pretty good place for setting up a trade in just about anything between Americas, Europe and Asia.

Edited by AndrewA

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/12/1945

AS with any prophecy we are only given enough information to identify it only when it has taken place.

What if it has taken place ... or is taking place right now? Not everyone recognized the fulfillment of the prophecies about the coming of the Messiah - even good religious people missed it. And even the disciples missed the prophecies about John the Bapitist ("Elias").

Many people see "mystery Babylon" as Rome ... or the Vatican. Not that I have anything against Catholic people - I'm sure there are many many genuine Christians in the RC church. My personal view is that God is warning us about "churchianity" - that is, trusting in the church to save you (any church, including my own) instead of a personal experience of being born again.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I agree. I thought Mystery Babylon will be a type of religious system, not necessarily a place.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The way I read it, it looks like there will be a world governmental system during the end times. As far as where it will be located or headquartered who know. It also seems like there will be a false religious system going on at the same time. Of course if there are those who will buy into the anti-christ and his system, they would likely buy into the false religious sytem too.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/12/1945

The way I read it, it looks like there will be a world governmental system during the end times. As far as where it will be located or headquartered who know. It also seems like there will be a false religious system going on at the same time. Of course if there are those who will buy into the anti-christ and his system, they would likely buy into the false religious sytem too.

I think the "false religious system" is with us now ... in my opinion it is denominationalism. I believe in going to church, and I believe there are many genuine Christians in every denomination, but I do not believe the denominational system was ordained by God.

Too often the personal leading of the Holy Spirit is subjugated by the hierarchical organisational structure of the church.

Too often, people trust in their church rather than in a personal experience of being born again by the Spirit of God.

Too often the rigid boundaries of denominationalism fragment the Body of Christ.

The "whore" of Revelation 17 seems to be identified with Rome. In church history, Rome is the origin of religious organisational systems ... she is called the "mother of harlots" (v.5) which could be the Protestant "daughters".

I would never discourage a person from going to church, be it Protestant or Catholic, but as long as we heed the Spirit's warning to "come out" (Rev 18:4) of the religious system into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Just my thoughts ...

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Question: Is the US the mystery of Babylon?

Answer: No

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I think the "false religious system" is with us now ... in my opinion it is denominationalism. I believe in going to church, and I believe there are many genuine Christians in every denomination, but I do not believe the denominational system was ordained by God.

The religion during Revelation will be blatantly anti G-d. Say what you will about denominationalism, we do worship G-d.